The official Playstation 3 thread

Started by Our Nail Loney, September 05, 2008, 11:44:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Our Nail Loney

My cousin works in argos and can get me a ps3 with an accessory pack (stand, extra controller, hd lead etc) and 2 games for £350... Take 35 off for his discount so that would be 315...

Would this be a good deal or are there any better about??

kinghen

here is a man who was broke a week ago, and that was before heading away to ayia napa, not to mention loosing his wallet with about £200 in it whilst there!!!

no word of the credit crunch were you are our naill!!!

Our Nail Loney

Ya have to be good to yourself hen, you know that! Otherwise who else will be?!

I'm just sorting myself out with a few luxuries... PS3, glasses, maybe a laptop round xmas!!

kinghen

surely glasses are a necessity and not a luxury for you!! just remember ya cant go down waterslides with them on!!

Our Nail Loney

Cheers OTB, looks a decent site... Have found one for an 80gb ps3 with GTA (the game I was looking that argos don't include) and hd lead for 309....

Our Nail Loney

Ach f**k ya OTB!!

I see a lcd tv now from amazon that I want, down from 260 to 180!!

Jack_Black

what sort of controllers are they Nail - are they dualshock or just sixaxis

also is it a choice of any 2 games or pre-picked games?

sounds a pretty good deal

i think in a short time the you might be able to find some good deals for the 40GB PS3's - they are exactly the same as the 80GB but obviously 40GB less memory which depending on what you use the PS3 for isnt really necessary.

corn02

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Jack_Black on September 05, 2008, 02:21:54 PM
what sort of controllers are they Nail - are they dualshock or just sixaxis

also is it a choice of any 2 games or pre-picked games?

sounds a pretty good deal

i think in a short time the you might be able to find some good deals for the 40GB PS3's - they are exactly the same as the 80GB but obviously 40GB less memory which depending on what you use the PS3 for isnt really necessary.

You get one of the ps3 controllers that come with it then I think the other one coul be scrap enough though...

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/5680298.htm

the games are sort of pre picked there is a short selection but they seem ok, pro evo and tiger woods were the two i prob would pick then just buy gta myself...

corn, im a big sony man but if i do feel like slumming it a bit it would be my pleasure to kill you!

Jack_Black

just had a quick look at that mega pack

the controller looks pretty crap to be honest - i dont think it is the Sony Sixaxis controller - it looks even more flimsy that Sonys.

and if your anything like me playing FIFA and Tiger it could take a bit of a battering.

if your not in any big hurry i will have a look around for any good deals to compare yours with.

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: Jack_Black on September 05, 2008, 02:35:20 PM
just had a quick look at that mega pack

the controller looks pretty crap to be honest - i dont think it is the Sony Sixaxis controller - it looks even more flimsy that Sonys.

and if your anything like me playing FIFA and Tiger it could take a bit of a battering.

if your not in any big hurry i will have a look around for any good deals to compare yours with.

Yeah I have neer been a fan of any controllers that aren't the ones that come with the actual package even for the ps1 and 2... I hate playing with one of them always, esp the ones with the stupid extra buttons... Na I won't be getting it for about two weeks at least, thinking about getting myself sorted with some contacts/glasses first!! As hen said they are more of a necessity than a luxury...

Our Nail Loney

Right I think I am gonna treat myself to a new playstation... Have got glasses an all sorted so this is the next treat!

Am looking round the playstations and they seem to be on sale for around the 300marker...

What is the hard drive used for?? Would I need to get one of the 80gig ones or would 40gig do?

If I but a 40gig one could I then buy something to gain extra memory if needed??

Cheers...

Our Nail Loney

Think I have found the thing I am looking... Argos

80gig console, accessory pack, Gran Turismo Prologue and Little Big Planet for £299.99..

Minus my cousins 10% discount £270...

Is this a good deal, what you console experts think? Offer expires tuesday so I needa act quick...

Minder

Aye you probably wouldnt get it much cheaper than that,be sure to get GTA for it. There will be no time for picking losing bets when you get that game.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"