Georgia/Russia

Started by ONeill, August 09, 2008, 09:36:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

In layman's terms, what's the problem?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Arthur_Friend

That link works if you cut and paste

Orior

Is it some kind of new reality TV show?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

blasmere

South Ossetia is a region within Georgia and they want to be independent or part of Russia as North Ossetia is. The Russki's are backing the South Ossetians.
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

Puckoon

oooooh - another holidays thread! Do Ryanair go to georgia?

ONeill

The Russians seem a bit trigger happy.

ziggysego

You're thinking of Dom Joly there ONeill.
Testing Accessibility

Pangurban

Despite the attempts by NATO countries to put a spin on this, it is becoming abundantly clear that Russia had no choice other than to take the action they did. Failure to do so would have resulted in Genocide. This was a naked land grab and ethnic cleansing operation, pre-planned and launched by Georgia, with the connivance of the Americans. In an all out war there can be only one victor, Russia has to date shown remarkable restraint in not pressing their advantage

under the bar

QuoteIn layman's terms, what's the problem?

Undoubtedly America is behind it and it involves oil or wealth.

puskas

Quote from: Pangurban on August 10, 2008, 08:30:45 PM
Despite the attempts by NATO countries to put a spin on this, it is becoming abundantly clear that Russia had no choice other than to take the action they did. Failure to do so would have resulted in Genocide. This was a naked land grab and ethnic cleansing operation, pre-planned and launched by Georgia, with the connivance of the Americans. In an all out war there can be only one victor, Russia has to date shown remarkable restraint in not pressing their advantage

Georgian pres started it and has a made a big mistake thinking he could move in to take the Georgian Kosovo - few Georgians live there but it's nominally their territory - while everyone was watching the Olympics and that he could count on the US/NATO support when Russia inevitably responded disproportinately. Putin can't believe his luck. Can paint himself as saviour of Russians while slapping around the upstart Georgians. 'Remarkable restraint' my arse. He bombed 2 apartment blocks yesterday killing dozens of civilians outside South Ossetia and is dropping bombs deep inside Georgia outside the conflict region. And now he can say 'well they started it'. Never ever believe Putin the sc**bag. The Americans/NATO won't lift a finger. Stupid Georgian pres, will lose some of his population, his already tiny military and a fifth of his territory.

ONeill

That's the thing here - he seems to be giving Georgia a touch itself, outside of the South Ossetia region - I think Putin has been waiting for the chance to, as you say, slap them around.

stephenite

Quote from: Pangurban on August 10, 2008, 08:30:45 PM

Not often I would agree with you Pangurban - but you're spot on here

dodgy umpire

if the people their want russia in then thats how it should be
The Boys in Red and Black are back

Zapatista

Will we hear a peep from the Chinese until after the games? Cowards! The mucleing in of the Eu (supported by the USA) of Georgia and Ukraine and the like is bound to piss off the Russians and rightly so too.