3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gerrykeegan

it was a bit like that. courier arrived. no paperwork. just phone. gave it to the boss. told him it was my christmas present to him.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

omagh_gael

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 24, 2010, 06:42:20 PM
You have to download songs as .m4r format.

Try this website: http://audiko.net/

You can download whats already there, or import your own file and choose a section of the song, then import it into iTunes, then drag onto phone like you would with songs, videos etc.

just seeing this now...once you've got the song on to the iPhone how do you go about selecting it as a ringtone as it doesnt let you choose songs only their designated tones?

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: omagh_gael on January 28, 2010, 07:34:37 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on January 24, 2010, 06:42:20 PM
You have to download songs as .m4r format.

Try this website: http://audiko.net/

You can download whats already there, or import your own file and choose a section of the song, then import it into iTunes, then drag onto phone like you would with songs, videos etc.

just seeing this now...once you've got the song on to the iPhone how do you go about selecting it as a ringtone as it doesnt let you choose songs only their designated tones?

Did you download the .m4r files from that site? If you did, open iTunes, under Library, click on the Ringtones, then add the file to there. Once it's there select the ringtone and drag into your iPhone, as you would for any other song, movie etc. Then on your iPhone, go to Settings > Sounds > Ringtones and all the ones you added should appear at the top under Custom, and all the Standard ones underneath.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: fer fox ache on January 28, 2010, 03:34:28 PM
Lads anybody know anyway that you can convert DVDs so you can watch them on your iphone. Doing a bit of travelling soon and wouldn't mind loading the oul iphone up with a series of Dead, The Wire or Band of Brothers

Try this - http://www.dvdvideosoft.com/guides/dvd/make-video-for-iPhone.htm

This is what I use. Very easy.

Minder

Quote from: JohnDenver on January 28, 2010, 09:36:43 AM
Anybody any suggestions for the best iphone cases/covers about?  Search function isn't working on the site to go through the posts.

had seen this one that was featured on dragons den with funky flubber plastic stuff, but dunno about functionality/ease of getting to buttons?  Plus there is no screen protection either

http://www.tech21.uk.com/products-mobile-iphone1.html

One of these is as good as the most expensive ones. I paid about £15 for a Belkin cover when i got my Iphone and it was pure pish. £5.99 great value and they dont make the phone too bulky, as some do.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/BLACK-BLK-DUAL-hard-case-cover-for-Apple-iPhone-3G-3GS_W0QQitemZ120508050757QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_MobilePhones_MobilePhonesCasesPouches?hash=item1c0ed6ed45
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

venter

Has anyone got any ideas on how to avoid data charges on the prepay (ready to go) I phone.

This is the situation of a friend of mine : He is in the republic on a ready to go (ie prepay SIM) option. He generally uses the apps such as webtext, social networking, mail, safari browser etc when he is in a wireless location such as his house and place of work (the majority of the time really)

However, when he is not in a wireless location he likes to have the option to use data. This costs 99c a day on a prepay SIM with vodafone. This 99c a day gets expensive if you are using it every day.

He still wants to keep the option of using data, but wants to avoid using it unintentionally. For example, lets say he wants to check an email for information but does not want to download any new mail and incur the data charge. How can he do this? Is there away to block data download for all apps by changing a setting? This would be the ideal scenario as he could just change the setting back anytime he wants to use the data option

Any help would be appreciated before I start googling the various voda and apple forums!
Thanks,Venter

down6061689194

Alter the mail app and turn push off, and auto check off. I think that sould do it.

down6061689194

Seems that you can't. Go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular data. Delete the cellular data address, password an username, this should disable the internet.

mc_grens

On my O2 one when I go North there is the following option:

Settings>General>Network>Data Roaming

All I have to do is switch Data roaming off. When I want it on for a moment (which is a rarity considering the cost) I just switch it back on.

venter

Quote from: down6061689194 on February 03, 2010, 05:33:00 PM
Seems that you can't. Go to Settings>General>Network>Cellular data. Delete the cellular data address, password an username, this should disable the internet.

thanks for that. It would work alright but you have the hassle of re-entering the username and password  every time you do want to use data. Might try just changing one digit in the username and see how that goes. I n the meantime , I have toldf him to turn off push and also turn off 3g. I think edge function will still give you data capability even if you have 3G turned off so not sure if that will work.

Quote from: mc_grens on February 03, 2010, 07:28:48 PM
On my O2 one when I go North there is the following option:

Settings>General>Network>Data Roaming

All I have to do is switch Data roaming off. When I want it on for a moment (which is a rarity considering the cost) I just switch it back on.

thanks but i'm more interested in having a better control of when I use data  rather than not using data while roaming. cheers anyway

Minder

I see the Sky Sports yoke now works over 3G
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Sandino

just wondering if any of you out there if anyone has the W009 phone from China. I'm not into phones and don;t realy need an iphone but this looks fun and good value for money. Has anyone out there used one of these phones? Are they even worth the money?
"You can go proudly. You are history. You are legend''

gerry

Quote from: Sandino on February 12, 2010, 09:53:49 AM
just wondering if any of you out there if anyone has the W009 phone from China. I'm not into phones and don;t realy need an iphone but this looks fun and good value for money. Has anyone out there used one of these phones? Are they even worth the money?

bought one for my son and he loves it, only drawback is i cannot get wap and games to work.  i could live without games but would need wap and wi fi connections.

fake iphone
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Trevor Hill

Sales of snack sausages are up 40% in South Korea thanks to the iPhone.

In the cold of winter, South Koreans are using the sausages as styluses instead of taking off their gloves. That's one accessory we don't expect to turn up in the Apple store anytime soon.

I don't know about their sausages, but their meat balls are the dogs bollocks.

muppet

Quote from: Trevor Hill on February 12, 2010, 02:19:48 PM

Sales of snack sausages are up 40% in South Korea thanks to the iPhone.

In the cold of winter, South Koreans are using the sausages as styluses instead of taking off their gloves. That's one accessory we don't expect to turn up in the Apple store anytime soon.

I don't know about their sausages, but their meat balls are the dogs bollocks.

What did they use before sausages?
MWWSI 2017