Harold Disgracey

Cheers, I'll give that a whirl later.

Dakota

Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2010, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 23, 2010, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: Santino on January 23, 2010, 03:36:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2010, 03:21:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 23, 2010, 03:17:57 PM
Is the youtube viewer not compatible with 3g?? Don't have an iphone but am surprised by that...

It is but the quality is poor.

If i get it jailbroken would that help view youtube anytime anywhere?

Surely the signal received ie wifi or 3g is the limiting factor rather than the iPhone?0

No if it is jailbroken there is an app called 3G unrestrictor (I think that's what it's called) that tricks the
iPhone into believing it is receiving a WiFi signal even though it is only 3g. Dunno how that works.

If you do this is it possible you could use the Internet on your phone and not use up your gb allowance if say you have a 1 gb limit?
If the iPhone is tricked into thinking it's on wifi will your service supplier also be tricked into thinking you aren't using 3g?

JohnDenver

Anybody any suggestions for the best iphone cases/covers about?  Search function isn't working on the site to go through the posts.

had seen this one that was featured on dragons den with funky flubber plastic stuff, but dunno about functionality/ease of getting to buttons?  Plus there is no screen protection either

http://www.tech21.uk.com/products-mobile-iphone1.html

mc_grens

Quote from: Doire abĂș on January 24, 2010, 03:08:12 PM
keep gettin an error message saying "make sure your iPod is connected and appears as a drive, click on my computer to locate your iPod".        ???

I think you have to enable Disc mode, which allows you to use your iPhone as a USB drive basically. To do this go to the sync screen in iTunes and click on the "manually manage music" option.

take_yer_points

Quote from: Dakota on January 24, 2010, 09:10:44 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2010, 05:47:38 PM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 23, 2010, 03:57:23 PM
Quote from: Santino on January 23, 2010, 03:36:24 PM
Quote from: Minder on January 23, 2010, 03:21:01 PM
Quote from: imtommygunn on January 23, 2010, 03:17:57 PM
Is the youtube viewer not compatible with 3g?? Don't have an iphone but am surprised by that...

It is but the quality is poor.

If i get it jailbroken would that help view youtube anytime anywhere?

Surely the signal received ie wifi or 3g is the limiting factor rather than the iPhone?0

No if it is jailbroken there is an app called 3G unrestrictor (I think that's what it's called) that tricks the
iPhone into believing it is receiving a WiFi signal even though it is only 3g. Dunno how that works.

If you do this is it possible you could use the Internet on your phone and not use up your gb allowance if say you have a 1 gb limit?
If the iPhone is tricked into thinking it's on wifi will your service supplier also be tricked into thinking you aren't using 3g?

I've bought 3G unrestrictor and use it regularly enough. My main uses are for the Sky Mobile Player (I can watch any of the Sky Sports channels, At the races, ESPN, etc...) and iPlayer. Its a very god app that lets you choose which App you want to make it think is on wireless.

It does come off your monthly allowance from you service supplier though. I checked my usage and could see it was cunted. To watch an entire premiership match one day used about 600Mb.

Shrek

Quote from: JohnDenver on January 28, 2010, 09:36:43 AM
Anybody any suggestions for the best iphone cases/covers about?  Search function isn't working on the site to go through the posts.

had seen this one that was featured on dragons den with funky flubber plastic stuff, but dunno about functionality/ease of getting to buttons?  Plus there is no screen protection either

i bought / use the incipio cover (not exactly sure which model though) think its the feather

fits nicely round the iphone.

http://www.myincipio.com/category/00_iphone_3g_iphone3g_accessories/

fer fox ache

Lads anybody know anyway that you can convert DVDs so you can watch them on your iphone. Doing a bit of travelling soon and wouldn't mind loading the oul iphone up with a series of Dead, The Wire or Band of Brothers

bingobus

Vodafone really dragging there feet over the iphone, no details of release date (March apparently), no details on tarrifs or cost.

Judging by some forums IOS are starting to make a balls of their release of the phones to vodafone customers.

O2 must be loving it and picking up a good few fustrated customers at this stage. They have good deals going at minute for it.

ziggysego

Quote from: bingobus on January 28, 2010, 03:38:33 PM
Vodafone really dragging there feet over the iphone, no details of release date (March apparently), no details on tarrifs or cost.

Judging by some forums IOS are starting to make a balls of their release of the phones to vodafone customers.

O2 must be loving it and picking up a good few fustrated customers at this stage. They have good deals going at minute for it.

I thought it was available from last week on Vodafone.
Testing Accessibility

bingobus

Quote from: ziggysego on January 28, 2010, 03:40:54 PM

Not for the mexicans  :'(

gerrykeegan

Quote from: bingobus on January 28, 2010, 03:45:23 PM

Got one free on the Business account in December (in Mexico)
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

bingobus

Quote from: gerrykeegan on January 28, 2010, 03:47:51 PM
Quote from: bingobus on January 28, 2010, 03:45:23 PM

Got one free on the Business account in December (in Mexico)

That with IOS, know someone who got one through them in early december.

gerrykeegan

Not sure where from it just arrived on my desk.
2007  2008 & 2009 Fantasy Golf Winner
(A legitimately held title unlike Dinny's)

down6061689194

Quote from: JohnDenver on January 28, 2010, 09:36:43 AM

Ive got the first gen iBand and its superb. does its job brilliantly. Buttons get easier to use after a while, I hear that 2nd Gen has holes for buttons and is better.

Mine is sitting face down low and the lip is keeping the screen safe. I dont think there's any protection for the screen that can really protect it from falling flat.

Also
iPad

Whats the verdict, I'd love one, its competitivley priced, but with an iphone already I cant see the point.  If it had MacOSX It'd be the ultimate laptop, but its a limited iphone interface which isn't as good IMO

bingobus