3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 10:20:46 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 19, 2009, 10:11:13 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 10:08:23 PM
What settings do you currently have for the email account?

I got the hotmail working there on the mail function Archie so not as bothered now about the gmail, thanks anyway. It only has my inbox though.

Yeah its limited to that, kind of annoying as no address book or nothing. Thats why I used outlook as can add contacts to that and have email addresses etc and it holds all that detail in the contacts. There is an app for full access to hotmail and costs £2.99. Might be worth it if thats the only one you use and use it alot. Have you tried going to hotmail through Safari? I havent tried in ages but last time I tried, it didn't work.
Do you have outlook mail on your phone? Is it the full app or do you access it thru a web browser?

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Minder

I have to say I am mightily impressed by it. I have also got it at an oppurtune time as I can't access the board at work anymore.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

thebigfella

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 20, 2009, 08:48:02 AM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 10:20:46 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 19, 2009, 10:11:13 PM
Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 10:08:23 PM
What settings do you currently have for the email account?

I got the hotmail working there on the mail function Archie so not as bothered now about the gmail, thanks anyway. It only has my inbox though.

Yeah its limited to that, kind of annoying as no address book or nothing. Thats why I used outlook as can add contacts to that and have email addresses etc and it holds all that detail in the contacts. There is an app for full access to hotmail and costs £2.99. Might be worth it if thats the only one you use and use it alot. Have you tried going to hotmail through Safari? I havent tried in ages but last time I tried, it didn't work.
Do you have outlook mail on your phone? Is it the full app or do you access it thru a web browser?

Outlook is a client, are you taking about exchange?

ziggysego

Is there anyway I can listen to the game tomorrow at Casement Park via my iPhone, or will I have to download an app? Is Casement wifi enabled?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Quote from: hardstation on June 20, 2009, 10:51:16 PM
Quote from: ziggysego on June 20, 2009, 10:48:11 PM
Is there anyway I can listen to the game tomorrow at Casement Park via my iPhone, or will I have to download an app? Is Casement wifi enabled?
You should be within range of 6 Owenvarragh Park. Knock the door and ask for the password.

Are they a friendly sort, or would be likely to de-wheel me?
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

No worries. I'll get you some Buckfast for your trouble.
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Minder

Is the iplayer function not as comprehensive as on a pc, the Derry v Tyrone game is on pc but not iPhone version.

Bainisteoir

If i sync my contacts through my google set-up will they delete my contacts from my phone and add them to google or will they just be added to google and stay as normal in my contacts list on the phone?

ziggysego

Quote from: Bainisteoir on June 22, 2009, 01:20:18 PM
If i sync my contacts through my google set-up will they delete my contacts from my phone and add them to google or will they just be added to google and stay as normal in my contacts list on the phone?

Don't know about Google, but when I synched up my email, it did it both ways. iMac to iPhone and iPhone to iMac.
Testing Accessibility

Minder

Since earlier on today when I go to check my hotmail on the email function it continually says "checking for mail", earlier it was saying The connection to the server POP3.live.com server failed". Anyone any ideas on how to rectify this? Never had any problems until earlier today

blewuporstuffed

Was thinking of getting an iphone, but not sure i can justify it as i dont actually use the phone that much and already have an ipod!
Like the idea of using it foer the internet though.

Are any of the Apps actually any good?alot of the ones i've seen look cool, but are very gimmiky.how many of the apps would you actually use regularly?
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

lfdown2

folks i know its a long shot though any iphone 3g owners out there due n upgrade soon that i could purchase the old phone from them?

lost the damn thing at the weekend!!!

ONeill

What's the 3g like in Cork?
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.