3G iPhone

Started by mournerambler, July 30, 2008, 03:12:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Minder on June 19, 2009, 06:07:24 PM
Some yoke

I've heard they're not great. When you send a text message the person receiving it has to scroll down their screen to see it.

Over-hyped rubbish in my opinion.

Archie Mitchell

Some yoke

Is it worth the money? I think they are.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 19, 2009, 07:57:56 PM
Some yoke

I've heard they're not great. When you send a text message the person receiving it has to scroll down their screen to see it.

Are you on about other iPhone users or for other mobiles?

Do all users of all mobiles  not have to scroll down a sceen to see the message?

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 08:04:44 PM
Some yoke

Is it worth the money? I think they are.

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 19, 2009, 07:57:56 PM
Some yoke

Are you on about other iPhone users or for other mobiles?

Do all users of all mobiles  not have to scroll down a sceen to see the message?
A one word reply appears at the very bottom of my screen. Either that or the boy using it is doing something strange. He wouldn't be the sharpest tool in the shed.

Archie Mitchell

:D Id say it's maybe user error. Is it every message or just the one message?

I have had mine since January and no reports of that.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 08:21:20 PM
:D Id say it's maybe user error. Is it every message or just the one message?

I have had mine since January and no reports of that.
He's a clown. If he's reading this he knows who he is ;)

Minder

When i set up my Gmail account i get the message "the connection to the server "imap.gmail.com" failed", anyone any ideas?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Archie Mitchell

What settings do you currently have for the email account?

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 10:08:23 PM

I got the hotmail working there on the mail function Archie so not as bothered now about the gmail, thanks anyway. It only has my inbox though.

Archie Mitchell

Quote from: Minder on June 19, 2009, 10:11:13 PM

I got the hotmail working there on the mail function Archie so not as bothered now about the gmail, thanks anyway. It only has my inbox though.

Yeah its limited to that, kind of annoying as no address book or nothing. Thats why I used outlook as can add contacts to that and have email addresses etc and it holds all that detail in the contacts. There is an app for full access to hotmail and costs £2.99. Might be worth it if thats the only one you use and use it alot. Have you tried going to hotmail through Safari? I havent tried in ages but last time I tried, it didn't work.

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 10:20:46 PM
Quote from: Minder on June 19, 2009, 10:11:13 PM

Yeah its limited to that, kind of annoying as no address book or nothing. Thats why I used outlook as can add contacts to that and have email addresses etc and it holds all that detail in the contacts. There is an app for full access to hotmail and costs £2.99. Might be worth it if thats the only one you use and use it alot. Have you tried going to hotmail through Safari? I havent tried in ages but last time I tried, it didn't work.

Aye tried through Safari but it is the oul shite "mobile" version that i had on my Nokia N95. What is the name of that app with full access Archie?

Archie Mitchell

mBox Mail. Categorised under Social Networking. Up to £5.99 though  :o Was £2.99 during the week. They must have knew you were interested in it so bumped the price up  :D

Minder

Quote from: Archie Mitchell on June 19, 2009, 10:39:40 PM
mBox Mail. Categorised under Social Networking. Up to £5.99 though  :o Was £2.99 during the week. They must have knew you were interested in it so bumped the price up  :D

I noticed it earlier, i will see how i go and if needs be i will get it. So i take it if i get it i will acees my mail through that app.?

Archie Mitchell

ziggysego

This fella is comparing the iPhone 3G and the iPhone 3GS.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ZOJVUrAAzk

I'm subscribed to him, for a lot of his videos are very interesting.
Testing Accessibility