Kerry v Monaghan part 2

Started by Kerry Mike, July 27, 2008, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

comethekingdom

Must say I am nervous about this game - Monaghan quietly confident but would you blame them? However Kerry know what to expect this year and have no excuse to be caught cold. We need a  big performance from Dara and our midfield otherwise Clerkin, Lennon and co will clean us out and the Twin tower threat will be all folly.
Fingers crossed for Sunday!

donelli

Nerves are starting, especially after watching the start of the 4 games on tv there. This time tomarrow will be in my seat (or take someone else's!) in the cusack getting ready to support the oriel men.

hope monaghan do it, but i dont know. i fear the kerry backlash from the munster final. think monaghan could win by 1- pts, but with the calibre of the kerry forwards there's always the dirty possibility of losing by 10

we also have to now consider how good/bad ulster is after that down performance...is that just down as we have known them in the qualifiers to date or a truer portrayal of the level football is at in ulster..??/

COME ON MONAGHAN

Main Street

Quote from: comethekingdom on August 02, 2008, 12:32:31 PM
Twin tower threat will be all folly.
The Twin Tower analogy doesn't look to be the most auspicious, has a portent of inevitable doom written all over it.

Gary McQuaid not fit enough to start,
the Monaghan team has been announced, the continuity team.

P McBennett, D Mone, JP Mone, D McArdle, D Freeman, V Corey, D Hughes, E Lennon, P Finlay, D Clerkin, S Gollogly, C McManus, C Hanratty, R Woods, T Freeman.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2008/0802/monaghan.html

donelli

Quote from: Main Street on August 02, 2008, 03:53:28 PM
Quote from: comethekingdom on August 02, 2008, 12:32:31 PM
Twin tower threat will be all folly.
The Twin Tower analogy doesn't look to be the most auspicious, has a portent of inevitable doom written all over it.

Gary McQuaid not fit enough to start,
the Monaghan team has been announced, the continuity team.

P McBennett, D Mone, JP Mone, D McArdle, D Freeman, V Corey, D Hughes, E Lennon, P Finlay, D Clerkin, S Gollogly, C McManus, C Hanratty, R Woods, T Freeman.
http://www.rte.ie/sport/gaa/championship/2008/0802/monaghan.html

Banty will never start with that line up. He always makes a change somewhere before throw-in. McQuaid will probably get the nod.I hope he regains his form.

i am led to believe that ronaghan is once again available after his injury.

Oriel Man

Quote from: donelli on August 02, 2008, 03:49:56 PM
.......we also have to now consider how good/bad ulster is after that down performance...is that just down as we have known them in the qualifiers to date or a truer portrayal of the level football is at in ulster..??/...
I don't know what it can tell us about Ulster football..... we know Wexford is good, they beat Fermanagh to Div 3 title.
I think the big thing it does tell us is how Good Dublin is this year..... At the moment my €€€ is on them for Sam.
(also have a few bob on Monaghan of course - one of theses years I'll recoup all the money i have lost over the years  :) )

magickingdom

Quote from: Oriel Man on August 02, 2008, 05:26:15 PM
.......we also have to now consider how good/bad ulster is after that down performance...is that just down as we have known them in the qualifiers to date or a truer portrayal of the level football is at in ulster..??/...
I don't know what it can tell us about Ulster football..... we know Wexford is good, they beat Fermanagh to Div 3 title.
I think the big thing it does tell us is how Good Dublin is this year..... At the moment my €€€ is on them for Sam.
(also have a few bob on Monaghan of course - one of theses years I'll recoup all the money i have lost over the years  :) )

you really should put some of your money on kerry, they have a long history of winning the thing. dublin and monaghan have a lot of memories of losing to get over  ;)

orangeman

Quote from: magickingdom on August 01, 2008, 09:11:55 PM
Quote from: orangeman on August 01, 2008, 04:05:37 PM
Kerry 1/3 - Monaghan 3/1

3/1 is too big so GET ON !!!!!!!

good odds on monaghan that, did i see 16/1 for a mayo/monaghan double this w/e. quite simply i think if dara doesnt have one of his better games kerry are in trouble. mayo have pulled one over on tyrone before..

It could have happened today but again Mayo fell short.  ;)

Oriel Man

Quote from: magickingdom on August 02, 2008, 10:05:48 PM
Quote from: Oriel Man on August 02, 2008, 05:26:15 PM

you really should put some of your money on kerry, they have a long history of winning the thing. dublin and monaghan have a lot of memories of losing to get over  ;)
True, but that wouldn't be any fun!!!

Hardy

I can't wait for this one. Today we (and he) will find out if the greatest midfielder of his generation can drive his team to one more All-Ireland or whether he has reached the end of the road. It's a fascinating prospect that will keep us glued to our chairs for a couple of hours. The essence of sport.

stew

Quote from: Hardy on August 03, 2008, 09:27:38 AM
I can't wait for this one. Today we (and he) will find out if the greatest midfielder of his generation can drive his team to one more All-Ireland or whether he has reached the end of the road. It's a fascinating prospect that will keep us glued to our chairs for a couple of hours. The essence of sport.

Eh McGrane doesnt play for a while yet. ;)

C'mon Monaghan. I think this game will be a cracker, it would nearly need to be given the dirge served up so far this weekend.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: Hardy on August 03, 2008, 09:27:38 AM

This one's a sumptuous prospect indeed, after the damp squib of a 'curtain-raiser'. Only a fool would write off Kerry, but I still feel there's the marking of an epoch in this game.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

DUBSFORSAM1

Based on the Down/Fermanagh performances it is a worry that Monaghan might be nowhere near as good as their victories over Derry/Donegal seem especially as both have been due to being dominated totally in midfield...

Fear ón Srath Bán

Down produced their worst performance of the year yesterday, eclipsing that of theirs against Armagh. But maybe Fermanagh's wretchedness just exposes how poor Armagh really are, in having to take them to a replay to dispose of them  ;)

armaghniac

Fermanagh came back in the first Ulster final by playing out of their skins against an Armagh that had eased up somewhat. It is not easy to maintain that workrate, Fermanagh didn't reach that hell for leather pace today.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Fear ón Srath Bán

Quote from: armaghniac on August 03, 2008, 03:41:24 PM
Fermanagh came back in the first Ulster final by playing out of their skins against an Armagh that had eased up somewhat. It is not easy to maintain that workrate, Fermanagh didn't reach that hell for leather pace today.

Hook, line, and...                                                     sinker!  ;)