Kerry v Monaghan part 2

Started by Kerry Mike, July 27, 2008, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kerry Mike

Revenge for Monaghan or will the shaky Kerry machine survive for another day. Tough draw for us, not to mention the domestic situation in my house !!

Without Galvin and possibly Declan O'Sullivan we will have our work cut out. We were very lucky to get over Monaghan last year and without the above 2 and a very underperforming Cooper, Donaghy and Dara O'Se we are there for the taking.

Will need a day to get my thought on this going right.

2011: McGrath Cup
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

GrandMasterFlash

We've a wedding in Sneem next weekend so it'll be interesting alright... We have two tight games under our belt in as many weekends but managed to come through them injury-free. I kinda figured we'd get Kerry as our 'luck of the draw' has been limited this year.. Should be a good game though and our lads'll not need much motivating after last year..

Is there any truth in the rumours that things aren't good in Kerry camp (excusing the Paul Galvin soap opera)? I heard something about Dara O Se falling out with a team mate??

Kerry Mike

Bit of skelping in training, nothing much to it, one of the old dogs and a young pup throwing shapes.

Always like to see a bit of that in the panel as long as its not OTT. I am sure you would get the same at any training session.

Some craic in Sneem for ye I'd say.

AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

Kerry Mike

Twas Clare , keep up for fecks sake
AI Junior Club
Hurling Christy Ring Cup
Munster Senior Football

fred the red

Quote from: hardstation on July 27, 2008, 10:30:22 PM
I feel a bit sorry for Kerry. 2008 - one win in the championship and it against Waterford.
That'll look bad on the record books.

One more than antrim anyway :D

magickingdom

think its a tough draw for kerry, having said that they need a tough game that they can actually win and with monaghan there wont be any complacency. it was the making of kerry 2 years ago so more of the same would do nicely!!

ardmhachaabu

Monaghan to gain revenge for last year and beat them by 2.  Set your DVD recorders for the final minutes to watch Kerry men cry like new born babies.
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

GrandMasterFlash

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 27, 2008, 10:29:22 PM
Some craic in Sneem for ye I'd say.

You better believe it KM, a Monaghan lad marryin a Kerry lass... Jersey on under the suit I'm thinkin...

Tommy Lyons was saying he'd like to see all four games played in Croker next weeked. That'd be the job..

orangeman

For a change lyons is right - fill the place next week - let all teams have their day in Croker !

Kerry to take this one.

Main Street

Quote from: Kerry Mike on July 27, 2008, 10:12:44 PM
Without Galvin and possibly Declan O'Sullivan we will have our work cut out.
Anyway if Galvin was available he would have been rested for his own safety. I don't think the the poor lad has been the same, in mind and body, since the AI QF last year.

Mike Sheehy

He seemed fine when we beat Dublin and Cork to win the AI

Over the Bar

No team can complain about the draw they get in the back door.  You have already fecked up once, so to be there at all is a blessing.

Main Street

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2008, 03:01:07 AM
He seemed fine when we beat Dublin and Cork to win the AI
Wasn't he a serious injury doubt for that Dublin game and wasn't he replaced on the hour when the game was still in the balance and afair he was replaced in the final.
That doesn't sound like a 100% to me, for such a vital player.

thebandit

If Lennon and Clerkin (with Jap helping out) repea the form of the last 2 games, you'd have to fancy their chances of getting the better of O'Sé and Scanlon

bingobus

Big, nig game for Monaghan and a real chance to lay down a serious marker after what has been a disappointing year i.e no serious challenge on a Ulster title.

While Monaghan may catch Kerry cold ( two games to date but only one half of football where it was put up to them and they lost), they wouldn;t have any element of surprise like last year. Saying that, Monaghan coming off the back of two tough games that went to the wire. Banty will need to use to bench more (and earlier) than last Saturday. Hughes to come in for McQuaid, looks totally off the pace and may be more effecive from bench when the game is stretched.

Should be a right battle, Monaghan will need to create and take a few goal chances that have been lacking last two games.