Kerry v Monaghan part 2

Started by Kerry Mike, July 27, 2008, 10:12:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mid Mon

You heard it here first 16:00 Sunday Croke Park

feetofflames

If Monaghan win this game they'll win the all Ireland.
Chief Wiggum

SuperDooperCooper

After a few week of playing back and forward we finally have an opposition to play.......
I would have preferred Tyrone but Monaghan as Tomas O'Se said will give us one hell of a battle.
We have played Monaghan twice in recent years and escaped (rather luckily) with one-point wins on both days.
I suspect it will be another close game this weekend; personally, I am glad it is in Croker (No better place to play or watch a match).
I suspect Kerry will be the same from 1-9, although Seamus Scanlon is suffering a niggling back injury.
I am prepared to write Darragh's non-performance against Cork to the injury he suffered on the run up to that game.
The half-forward line is anyone's guess; I would go with Sean Sullivan, Declan O'Sullivan and Eoin Brosnan.
However, Bryan Sheenan may be deployed there also with Brozie the man to lose out.
The half forward line has been poor (especially Derry and Cork), to beat Monaghan they will need to hoover breaking ball......
The shape of the full forward line will be determined by the half forward line, If Sheehan is outside then expect Tommy Walsh to be the new forward otherwise it will be Sheehan.
The X factor in this match is Kerry inactivity (4 weeks) v Monaghan Fatigue (three tough physical matches in a row).
The other factor is Kerry hunger and Kerry legs, we have contested the last four all-Ireland and been in 6 out of the last 8 - this has to take a toll.
Kerry by 1.

donelli

farniel

Quote from: donelli on July 28, 2008, 03:33:57 PM
Quote from: Mid Mon on July 28, 2008, 01:48:36 PM

source??
A mate of mine works in Croker and this is confirmed. A double header with the Kildare v Fermanagh game.

SuperDooperCooper

From the Kerry Gaa website:
Kerry v Monaghan Ticket Arrangements 
Monday, 28 July 2008 
Kerry v Monaghan

Sunday 3rd July Croke Park @ 4.00pm
Because of time scale involved tickets for Kerry County Board Scheme holders are available for collection only from Kerry County Board office at following hours:
Tue and Wed 2.00-5.30pm and 7.30-9.00pm
Public Sale of tickets on Wed @ 7.30pm in Tralee and Killarney and on Thur in Tralee 2.00-5.30pm and Killarney 7.30-9.00pm

Stand Tickets 30 euro
Terrace 20 euro
Family tickets are available from Tralee office only. 
=======================================================
I would have prefered a Saturday game but such is life.....

Maguire01

Quote from: SuperDooperCooper on July 28, 2008, 03:27:59 PM
The X factor in this match is Kerry inactivity (4 weeks) v Monaghan Fatigue (three tough physical matches in a row).
Last year the excuse for the close shave was a 6-week layoff. I'd say 4 weeks is a decent amount of time to recuperate. Monaghan would probably have liked an extra week, especially given the heat on Saturday and the pace of that match.

Either way, this has the makings of a great tie and the highest risks potentially bring the highest rewards. If Woods, Clerkin and Finlay play like they did on Saturday, and Tommy gets on the ball a bit more, i don't doubt it will go to the wire.

magickingdom

Quote from: farniel on July 28, 2008, 03:43:54 PM
Quote from: donelli on July 28, 2008, 03:33:57 PM
Quote from: Mid Mon on July 28, 2008, 01:48:36 PM

source??
A mate of mine works in Croker and this is confirmed. A double header with the Kildare v Fermanagh game.

keep in with that mate!

Aaron Boone

I fail to see how rumours of rows in the Kerry camp are somehow seen as some sort of team-bonding exercise. Yes it happened two years ago but the next match to test the mettle then was Longford in Killarney. This one in Croker is infinitely tougher.
Imagine how Ogie senior feel about his cub in the middle of it?

ExiledGael

With Graham Geraghty it's a disgrace and an assault, down in the Kingdom it's healthy skelping.
Sounded pretty serious, not just a bit of a scuffle, and I'd say in any other county it would be a national talking point and the scandal of the year. Can't argue with their record, maybe it's the rest of us with the problem.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteSounded pretty serious, not just a bit of a scuffle, and I'd say in any other county it would be a national talking point and the scandal of the year

There must be feck all going on in other counties so if this kind of thing is such a big deal for ye. 

Maguire01

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2008, 10:19:18 PM
QuoteSounded pretty serious, not just a bit of a scuffle, and I'd say in any other county it would be a national talking point and the scandal of the year

There must be feck all going on in other counties so if this kind of thing is such a big deal for ye. 
Who mentioned 'big deal'?

ExiledGael

Quote from: Mike Sheehy on July 28, 2008, 10:19:18 PM

That's what I say, maybe it's us that has the problem having feck all going on.

Mike Sheehy

QuoteWho mentioned 'big deal'?

He (ExiledGael) said it would be a "national talking point" and the "scandal of the year"

..I'd call that making a big deal of it wouldn't you ?

ExiledGael

I said in other counties they could make a huge national story out of it, like Geraghty and the young Sheppard last year or the year before in Meath.
Didn't say I thought it was that big a big deal. Just don't agree that it's a sign of a healthy dressing-room.