Down v Wexford

Started by interested, July 27, 2008, 08:30:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

I remember that promotion was a must last year too.

Do down men feel that Ross and DJ have made progress in their 2 years?

RadioGAAGAA

Quote from: Down Gael on August 04, 2008, 12:49:51 PM
Andy Mallon of Armagh isnt the biggest defender in Ireland, though he is one of the best. Luke Howard was arguably our most consistent defender over the summer, its not the size of the man in the fight....

Sorry, but at this level there isn't much difference in hunger, and it boils down to the size of the man in the fight.

Ronan Clarke had a field day against us - why?

Because he was taller, stronger and quicker than any of our full-back line.

Ye can get by if you've one asset going for you (speed, strength or height), but if you've none your in deep trouble.
i usse an speelchekor

orangeman

Is it still a case if you stop Benny Coulter, you stop Down ? Benny was the only forward to score from play ??

Jinxy

Is Benny even that good? Honestly, I'm not trying to wind anyone up but he seems to be very inconsistent.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

upthehoops

Quote from: corn02 on August 04, 2008, 09:17:27 PM
Hughes, McKernan and James McGovern are also worth of a shout. I know Hughes is not prominent but he does a lot of work. Howard had not as good as game on McDonnell as people think - the amount of ball Stevie won was unreal - but he had a very good first season. Get back Walsh for a start.
What qualifies you to say that Howard did not have as good on Mcdonnell a game as people think. I find that an amazing statement to make.So their opinion does not count!
"Hold the back page. Howard did not have as good a game as you thought because some w***er from armagh said so"

buglebhoy

Wasn't going to comment on the game but the more ppl mention the more i get pissed off....

thought all sections of the field were poor for down, midfield and attack especially.

best performances came from carr and ambrose

management were bit naive in putting one of our worst performers in kevin mcguigan on one of the championships best performers to date red barry. the man is one of the best players in the country and to have a poor county player marking him was crazy. i think we may have got more from murphy if he had have taken the role of marking red barry. he marked dooher twice.

i didnt expect down to beat tyrone in omagh but was confident of beating them in newry, thought they were going to put it up to armagh a bit more but didnt think they'd win. knew they'd beat laios and was confident they'd beat wexford but when u perform as badly as down did on sat your're not going to beat anyone.

def think down are on the up now and look forward to next years campaign with the same management.

all the best to ambrose!!

Armagh Exile

Any Down posters explain why Mickey Walsh (Mayobridge) is not in the panel.
He is an excellent leader of the attack.  Is he injured?

corn02

Quote from: upthehoops on August 05, 2008, 11:31:45 AM
Hughes, McKernan and James McGovern are also worth of a shout. I know Hughes is not prominent but he does a lot of work. Howard had not as good as game on McDonnell as people think - the amount of ball Stevie won was unreal - but he had a very good first season. Get back Walsh for a start.
What qualifies you to say that Howard did not have as good on Mcdonnell a game as people think. I find that an amazing statement to make.So their opinion does not count!
"Hold the back page. Howard did not have as good a game as you thought because some w***er from armagh said so"

What a tit you are.

So ok let me get what your saying. You say I should not question other peoples opinion but I am not allowedc to have one of my own? Wind your neck in you gobshite.

orangeman

Down footballer Ambrose Rodgers will be sidelined for up to nine months following the removal of his spleen on Saturday night.

Rodgers went under the knife after he shipped a heavy blow to the abdominal area in Down's round three qualifier defeat to Wexford on Saturday.

Rodgers, who formed an impressive midfield partnership with Dan Gordon this year, will be hospitalised for ten more days but he could yet return to football action next year.

"He was sore and agitated on Saturday and Sunday but he was in better spirits yesterday," Carr told the Irish Independent.

< Back to Latest News | More Articles >

RadioGAAGAA

i usse an speelchekor

upthehoops

Quote from: corn02 on August 05, 2008, 12:56:47 PM

What a tit you are.

So ok let me get what your saying. You say I should not question other peoples opinion but I am not allowedc to have one of my own? Wind your neck in you gobshite.
#
oops sorry for offending your insensitivities. You did not offer an opinion but made a statement

Jinxy

I'd like to wish Ambrose a full & speedy recovery. Terrible bad luck for him.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

T O Hare

Quote from: AFS on August 05, 2008, 12:32:09 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2008, 11:27:44 AM
Is Benny even that good? Honestly, I'm not trying to wind anyone up but he seems to be very inconsistent.

I think his inconsistency stems from the fact that he is very markable. He's the type of guy who'll kick 3-6 or whatever when someone shit is on him (see Offaly game), but stick a good man marker on him and he fades away. In this respect he's not much different than most forwards.

Thats a stupid statement, any player no mattter how good they are, is very markable if you have two players on him!!!! Downs problem is that when you double team Benny, there are not enough leaders around him to get scores, Would stevie mc donnell be as good if he was double marked!!! teams cant afford to do that when they play Armagh because there are players like Clarke who would destroy them.. Benny has scored 4.8 this season is the championship and correct me if i am wrong but he has scored 16 championship goals in his career, one less than Sean O'Neill and two less than Mc Donnell who probably has played over twice amounts of Championship games...
He is a lot different than other forwards in that respect!!!
"2008 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

dodgy umpire

Quote from: AFS on August 05, 2008, 12:32:09 PM
Quote from: Jinxy on August 05, 2008, 11:27:44 AM

I think his inconsistency stems from the fact that he is very markable. He's the type of guy who'll kick 3-6 or whatever when someone shit is on him (see Offaly game), but stick a good man marker on him and he fades away. In this respect he's not much different than most forwards.

Dont be an idiot, against armagh the ball going up to him was being booted over the sideline etc,you cant expect him to play well if he doesnt get the ball? (or maybe you hold him in such high regard that you think he should) . It didnt help that he was constantly being dragged to the ground when there was chance he could make a run aswell
The Boys in Red and Black are back

corn02

Quote from: upthehoops on August 05, 2008, 02:12:49 PM
Quote from: corn02 on August 05, 2008, 12:56:47 PM

What a tit you are.

#
oops sorry for offending your insensitivities. You did not offer an opinion but made a statement

Two posts in a row where you make an idiot of yourself. Do you want everyone to write in my opinion before each sentence?