What Does Your Name Mean/That's not my name!

Started by GrandMasterFlash, July 24, 2008, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ryano

One of many nicknames I picked up in my school days, (tank, fozzie, the fonz being some of the others). I'm a big fecker and had a tendency to charge at lads head down during my sporting endeavours. After scattering a few fellas out of my path somebody came up with Rhino/Ryano. 

My surname is Ryan so they stuck on "o" on the end and there ya go!

mhacadoir

a person from armagh, in the same way a footballer is peiladoir etc. probably not particularly true but liked the idea at the time

thewingedlady

The club badge depicts a woman with wings on her, could be erin go brea, don't really know...

illdecide

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 24, 2008, 12:32:12 PM
Mine refers to the way one of our mates da's refers to his son Neil, he can't talk for shit!

So for any of those ones around lurgan who sometimes mistake me, I am not actually Our Nail!

ps illdecide thats shit!!

James is a shit talker alright espicially when he rambles about Man U.

I usually do decide ;)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

thebandit

Square Ball

Played full forward as a nipper and thats all i heard, well thats the printable part of it
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Guillem2

I was Guillem a good few years ago. Had to change to Guillem2 when we moved to a new site. Guillem was the name of a French lad I used to work with. I alway laughed at the way he pronounced it.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

scud

Quote from: Hardy on July 24, 2008, 12:41:04 PM
I used to be Hardyarse The Fiddler. Then the brother announced that he was changing his name from Hardyarse The Farmer to Hardyarse The Homosexual and the family split on ideological  lines. The liberal, rights-affirming wing all showed their support by changing their names to Hardyarse The Hairdresser, Hardyarse The Goat-Fancier and the like. The other side went for over-compensation, distancing themselves from our ancient lineage with new handles like Bruce the Lumberjack and Harry the Hound Of Hell and so on.

I just decided to steer a middle ground and remove some of the emphasis on arses.

Class! Zapatista's good too, sorta wish i'd put some thought into mine now.......

Mine comes from one of the most surreal team talks I've ever witnessed when a particular tactic and line of running was explained in terms of missiles...

mhacadoir

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on July 24, 2008, 12:32:12 PM
Mine refers to the way one of our mates da's refers to his son Neil, he can't talk for shit!

So for any of those ones around lurgan who sometimes mistake me, I am not actually Our Nail!

ps illdecide thats shit!!

and there was me thinkin that you were that lad a few years above me in st pats

western exile

I grew up on the most easterly county of Ireland but I am now exiled to Connaught  8)

Zapatista

Quote from: western exile on July 24, 2008, 03:34:33 PM
I grew up on the most easterly county of Ireland but I am now exiled to Connaught  8)

Was Hell an option?

The Claw

Went throught a period of being able to catch a lot of puck-outs in hurling matches, one of the lads started referring to me as "the claw", hasnt stuck since (prob coz i'm not catching ball as much) but I like it.

lfdown2

mines club+county has evolved from lfdown-(1)-(2) through the ever changing face of the board

bingobus

Absolutely no connection to may logon name - don't drive a bus, don't go to bingo or had any relative who done either. Was a complete random thought at time of registering.