What Does Your Name Mean/That's not my name!

Started by GrandMasterFlash, July 24, 2008, 11:26:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GrandMasterFlash

Gaels,
  There may have been a thread on this in the past but I'm gonna go for it anyhow.. I'm curious to know what some of the names/aliases/monikers/pseudonyms mean of the folk who post on this board? There are some first class names on this board and I'd be interested to know their meaning/origin.. I know we are approaching the business end of the championship but it'd be a much needed break from chattin about Paul Galvin...

So here goes:

'GrandMasterFlash' (for those who don't know or weren't born until after the 70's) is the moniker of 'Joseph "Biggie Grand" Saddler', the hiphop DJ, better known as Grandmaster Flash. You've probably all head the tune 'The Message' at some point in your existence produced by GrandMaster Flash and the Furious Five.

stpauls

well, mine is pretty obvious!! St. Pauls is the name of the club i am associated with!!  ;D

AZOffaly

I joined one of the prior incarnations of the board back in 1997 or 1998, and I was based in Arizona at the time. When I came back in 2001, I retained the name - AZOffaly.

heineken_on_tap

I used to have a drink problem but I am ok now  ;)

ziggysego

Mine is the name of the computer in Quantum Leap, which had a big ego.
Testing Accessibility

rrhf

Rock n Roll Hall of Fame
Named after Zeppelin.  

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Tbc....

fer fox ache

A less offensive version of a phrase I've been oft heard to gowl at matches - i.e. "Fer fox ache referee sure i never touched him"

the Deel Rover

well mine is from my club Crossmolina Deel Rovers the 1st team  to bring the Andy Merrigan cup to Mayo isn't that right Stephenite ;)
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

corn02

Mine pretty boring.

Corn = Cup
02- Armagh won the Cup in 02.

I had writers block that day.

buglebhoy

bugleboy are a make of jeans the oul boy used to wear. used to slag him about them!!

Billys Boots

Comic book 'hero' from my childhood - he couldn't kick snow off a rope without his magic boots.  No idea why I picked it six years ago. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

Mid Mon

Mid Mon: reference to the location of my club, Cremartin, in county Monaghan

illdecide

Mine is a bit of laugh because i always said to anyone arguing with me "ill decide"
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch