Tyrone v Westmeath

Started by Fuzzman, July 20, 2008, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FermGael

Quote from: Zapatista on July 21, 2008, 01:22:52 PM
Quote from: clarshack on July 21, 2008, 12:47:54 PM
Quote from: Croí na hÉireann on July 21, 2008, 11:56:10 AM
What was the Derry farce in 04??? Disclaimer: Never watched the replay of this game...

winning your 1st leinster title should have been a springboard for an assault on the all-ireland but instead westmeath just lay down against derry in the all-ireland 1/4 final.

Our else a huge sence of achievement and an excuse for a major pissup. Do you think if Fermanagh beat Armagh they will make an assault on the all Ireland?

don't be silly  ;) 
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Zapatista

Quote from: FermGael on July 21, 2008, 01:41:02 PM
Quote from: Zapatista on July 21, 2008, 01:22:52 PM
What was the Derry farce in 04??? Disclaimer: Never watched the replay of this game...

winning your 1st leinster title should have been a springboard for an assault on the all-ireland but instead westmeath just lay down against derry in the all-ireland 1/4 final.

Our else a huge sence of achievement and an excuse for a major pissup. Do you think if Fermanagh beat Armagh they will make an assault on the all Ireland?

don't be silly  ;) 

We might never know :P

Croí na hÉireann

Lay down  :D Goals win games and Derry took both chances clinically. We would have won that game if it was based on points but the goals killed us, by the time we clawed the deficit back we were out on our feet and Derry took advantage in the last 5 mins...
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...

orangeman

ziggysego

TV3 are showing the game. Coverage starts at 2pm.
Testing Accessibility

ONeill

Bit of pressure on PTG to be rational.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

caraghtyrone

Hi,

Seen Peter a couple times on TV3 now and thought he has done very well considering he is new to the live punditry.  In fairness he was a little nervous the 1st few games which is only natural as it must be a daunting pressure job but as I said previously I believe he has done well recently and settled well into the job.  His analysis has been good and a breath of fresh air to have a straight up analysis broadcast.  Too many of these pundits act the puppets and only say what is politically correct or what they believe the viewers want to hear, whereas Peters views are more honest and wether controversial or not he says what has to be said.  I believe he has the makings of a quality pundit and will only get better.  Lets face it as the saying goes he has been there and got a few t-shirts to show for his efforts on the field of play so no surprise for me that hes doing well in his new job.

All things considered you are right Saturday will be interesting viewing!

orangeman

Quote from: hardstation on July 22, 2008, 07:18:11 AM
I think he's good too. "Trone are playing agin the wine in the second half."

;) ;D ;D It's a local audience you see !  ;)

ONeill

Having been knocked out by Laois in 06 (after a Louth scare) and Meath in 07, Tyrone know that they're probably meeting a better Leinster side than those three so complacency will not be on the menu.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

rrhf

It gives a hot day.  So you can rule out a Wexford - NFL / Laois  championship performance.
Hopefully the management will be prepared to make some very neccessary changes to bring the team up to potentially an ALL Ireland winning standard. 
A wise man made the statement to me at the match on Saturday.  "Tyrone will win no All ireland this year but they'll take some batin'"  - Thats probably where we are, so how do we improve?

orangeman

Quote from: rrhf on July 22, 2008, 10:43:04 AM
It gives a hot day.  So you can rule out a Wexford - NFL / Laois  championship performance.
Hopefully the management will be prepared to make some very neccessary changes to bring the team up to potentially an ALL Ireland winning standard.  A wise man made the statement to me at the match on Saturday.  "Tyrone will win no All ireland this year but they'll take some batin'"  - Thats probably where we are, so how do we improve?

Such as ?

uselessfootballer

Any word if this is going to be all-ticket?

tyrone86

Quote from: uselessfootballer on July 22, 2008, 11:03:07 AM

No, £15 for the stand, £12 terrace

Croí na hÉireann

Quote from: tyrone86 on July 22, 2008, 11:12:55 AM
Quote from: uselessfootballer on July 22, 2008, 11:03:07 AM

No, £15 for the stand, £12 terrace

Pricey, least we'll have the option of a seat this week though... What time will you bies be taking up all the good seats???
Westmeath - Home of the Christy Ring Cup...