Tyrone v Westmeath

Started by Fuzzman, July 20, 2008, 06:51:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuzzman

orangeman

Quote from: Fuzzman on July 20, 2008, 06:51:03 PM
Should be fun

But very tough - Westmeath were the only team to give Dublin a game in Leinster !

Omagh next Saturday night ?

Maroon Heaven

If Tyrone think they are going to get things easy - hey are very much mistaken.

Westmeath will be able for Tyrone. Shame its not in Mullingar

orangeman

Quote from: Maroon Heaven on July 20, 2008, 06:53:32 PM

Nobody in Tyrone reckons it will be easy !

Rois

No one is disputing that - you sound very defensive already!

orangeman

Quote from: Rois on July 20, 2008, 07:01:23 PM

No one is disputing that - you sound very defensive already!

And we're not afraid of you either !!!  ;) :D ;D ;D ;D

sam03/05

I think Tyrone will be happy to have avoided Monaghan, Donegal and Down
and a home draw will be very welcome.
Westmeath are a decent side however the standard in Leinster is very poor at the minute.
I think that Tyrone will win but expect a close contest.

ONeill

Could've been worse and could've been better.

They beat Offaly by 6 and Longford by 3 yet ran the Jackeen close. They play a bit like ourselves so it'll be a good test.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Don't think anyone thinks Tyrone's going to win this easily. Infact, you're the first to suggest this.

Home game, so should give us a little extra advantage. However, it's not the fortress it once was. (Media tag, not Tyrone's)
Testing Accessibility

ziggysego

So what happens with the County Championship games next weekend? Any of the teams in it, got county players?
Testing Accessibility

Fear ón Srath Bán

Home advantage could be critical here. Tomás Ó'Fhatharta has this Westmeath team very well organised and very well disciplined, especially defensively, as Dublin found, almost to their cost. If Dolan and Glennon are on song, we'll need to be very much on our own game defensively -- should make for an interesting contest, though taking nothing for granted.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

ONeill

Trying to think of recent meetings. I remember we hammered them in Omagh in '04 and again in Mullingar in '05. O'Neill was flying that day in Mullingar. Oh the memories....
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

orangeman

Quote from: ONeill on July 20, 2008, 08:22:15 PM
Trying to think of recent meetings. I remember we hammered them in Omagh in '04 and again in Mullingar in '05. O'Neill was flying that day in Mullingar. Oh the memories....

Quite !

Let's hope the memories last and are still sweet !  ;)

Tyrone Dreamer

Tyrone have went from 33-1 with some bookies on Friday into 12-1 for the All Ireland. Thats some movement for a win over Louth, surely they couldnt read too much into that? They were 14-1 before the qualifier draw so its not like they see Westmeath as a soft touch which they certainly arent. Im glad this is a home tie as its a tough one. Westmeath are a decent outfit. Id like to see the team changed around a little as there are still some weaknesses.

A win here and confidence would certainly have returned. Hopefully the injury situation will stay the same and we can see what are full choice team is capable off. Was suprised Mulligan didnt get 15 minutes last night especially as the game was won with some time left.

orangeman

Quote from: Tyrone Dreamer on July 20, 2008, 08:33:35 PM
Tyrone have went from 33-1 with some bookies on Friday into 12-1 for the All Ireland. Thats some movement for a win over Louth, surely they couldnt read too much into that? They were 14-1 before the qualifier draw so its not like they see Westmeath as a soft touch which they certainly arent. Im glad this is a home tie as its a tough one. Westmeath are a decent outfit. Id like to see the team changed around a little as there are still some weaknesses.

A win here and confidence would certainly have returned. Hopefully the injury situation will stay the same and we can see what are full choice team is capable off. Was suprised Mulligan didnt get 15 minutes last night especially as the game was won with some time left.

Bookies odds are a load of shite !