Cork V Galway

Started by Reillers, July 15, 2008, 11:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

I haven't been keeping tabs on Galway since the league - what happened to Tony Og Regan?
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: RedandGreenSniper on July 18, 2008, 08:14:00 AM
I haven't been keeping tabs on Galway since the league - what happened to Tony Og Regan?
Not good enough for FB and there are better players for the other defensive positions as per the team picked so he was always a candidate to get dropped come the business end of the championship.

GaillimhIarthair

Quote from: cicfada on July 18, 2008, 07:20:02 AM
Galway team for Cork match!!!!!

1 James Skehill
2 Damien Joyce
3 Fergal Moore
4 Ollie Canning (C)
5 Shane Kavanagh
6 John Lee
7 David Forde
8 Fergal Healy
9 Richie Murray
10 Iarla Tannian
11 Kevin Hayes
12 Adrian Cullinane
13 Damien Hayes
14 Joe Canning
15 Niall Healy

Not sure if thats the 15 that will field on Sat.  I believe there is a major injury doubt over one of those defenders and i think there will also be an addition in the half forward line.

cicfada

I see there's a thread on AFR from a bloke who has  hired a bus to go from Galway city to Thurles and he needs more passengers so if anyone needs to go................. go there!!!

brokencrossbar1

Heard last night from a very reliable source that Fergal Moore will not make it. 

johnneycool

Quote from: GaillimhIarthair on July 18, 2008, 12:00:19 PM
Quote from: cicfada on July 18, 2008, 07:20:02 AM
Galway team for Cork match!!!!!

1 James Skehill
2 Damien Joyce
3 Fergal Moore
4 Ollie Canning (C)
5 Shane Kavanagh
6 John Lee
7 David Forde
8 Fergal Healy
9 Richie Murray
10 Iarla Tannian
11 Kevin Hayes
12 Adrian Cullinane
13 Damien Hayes
14 Joe Canning
15 Niall Healy

Not sure if thats the 15 that will field on Sat.  I believe there is a major injury doubt over one of those defenders and i think there will also be an addition in the half forward line.

If Kevin Hayes (that's if he starts) and Tannian can get a good supply of ball into thier inside forwards then Galway are in with a real chance. Galway need to make inroads here.
Ger Lock seems to have went with speed in mind with his fullback line and its probably a wise choice given that Cork will try a running game rather than a high ball that proved fruitless against Tipp. I'm hoping for big things of John Lee as he's a class act and can dominate on saturday.
Galway need leaders to step up to the plate tomorrow if they are to be taken serious.

Reillers

Tomorrow will say a lot about both teams and the hurling season. It's not a question of whether Cork can do it, it's a question of will they. They've been there, done that and taken home the  medals and the cup. They've played in Thurles so many times, they love it there, even Tipp hate playing them in Thurles. They have the players but it's a question of will they step up, do they have one last big kick in them. People are writting off Cork all ready because of the hype around Galway who are tipped to win the All Ireland after just a good League. But Cork will be waiting in the long grass. It's a question of whether or not they have one more backlash, one more push.

For Galway it's a question of can they do it. They have proved nothing yet. They, unlike Cork haven't tasted success, they've no AI medals. They've been good against small teams but nothing like this, never have some of the Galway players played in the situation that they'll be in tomorrow. They've had a lot of praise, a lot of hype from the media. But they have proved nothing yet. They've not played in the cauldron that'll be Thurles tomorrow. They've never played a wounded Cork. They've a lot of potential but there are still a lot of unanswered question surrounding them. Can they do it. Only time will tell.

It should be a good match, but if both teams play to their best I think Cork will shade it. But that's the question, will they play to their best. I was down in the dumps last week, thinking it's over, depressed, just really down, letting all the media hype about Galway get to me and everything that has been said about Cork but now, I've left optimism in. I think we can do this. I think we've one last push. But like my head says Galway but my heart says Cork.

Tomorrow will either be one of the best days I've had in a while or one of the worst when it comes to GAA. Time will tell.
UP THE REBELS!!

From the Bunker

8 steps for Joe Canning Goal!!!

IolarCoisCuain

Anyone else think Duignan would be as well pleased up in Hayes' with a pint as watching this?  ;D

the colonel

cork are acting the w***ers
the difference between success and failure is energy

Abble

why are commentators and studio bringing up the point that referee seemd to pick o'cusack out from the start ?! o'cusack deserved his yellow for mouthing to ref...and then that tackle was ridiculous !!  cork are playin with a bit of dirt tonight

crackin game

D4S

What's the latest score?
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

Minder

2-6 to 0-9 to Galway, Cusack deserved to go.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the colonel

always thought that gardiner was a bit of a gypsy and diving about there proved he is. tought cork were mad to take off naughton til he reappeared at HT
the difference between success and failure is energy

Abble

joe canning (age 19!) is some handful. great to watch