Cork V Galway

Started by Reillers, July 15, 2008, 11:48:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnneycool

Galway went to Thurles to play a game of hurling, Cork went out to win and they didn't give f**k how they did it and therein lies the difference in the two teams. Cork are now looking to a quarterfinal, Galway are waiting another year. I was surprised how easy Cork were able to intimidate Galway especially when the melee broke out, it was the Galway men taking the backwards steps. After watching the Galway Referee in the earlier Waterford/Offaly game I was wondering if physical contact is no longer permitted in Galway club games, they used to be renouned for their fierceness, is that still the case?

When Cork needed leaders, they had them in abundance, from Ben O'Connor, Cathal Naughton, Joe Deane, Ronan Curran all wanted the ball when Cork needed it most, only Joe Canning, Tannion, Cullinane and the right half back at the end made any sort of headway for Galway. Gerald Mac was totally right to bring Naughton back on as he can eat up the ground and took some sublime scores.

Lee didn't get into the game or wasn't allowed to by Cork as they never pucked one ball on top of him, David Forde was their main target and O'Connor did get reward off him especially through most of the second half, Nial McCarthy does what he does best, get the breaking ball and spoil in and around the middle. Barring Tannian the Galway half forwards were ate up and spat out and in fact starving Joe Canning of ball. If Joe had got a good supply of ball he'd of scored even more and IMO he is already the real deal and up there with Shefflin and thats with a limited supply of ball, not the huge amount of ball Shefflin can expect any sunday afternoon. Chunky Hayes seemed to be going backwards under a lot of Galway puck outs, his judgement was very poor under the dropping ball and he ended up flapping at the ball rather than getting beside/on top of Curran, i'm sure that this would of been worked on in training or you'd of hoped it was.

As for Donal O'G, he tried his luck, pushing to the limits with his bolloxology, changing balls etc, got his yellow, then proceeded to decapitiate Alan Kerins when through on goal, the ref had no option. As good a keeper he is, he just can't help himself, pushing authorities to the limit just like a spoilt child, time to grow up Donal and get on with the game, someone else can be the moral conscience for a while.

EddieMerx

[/quote]
Donal Og ran to the ref Canning and another Galway player "met" him on the way out and started on him but Donal Og was the only one booked. See I hate hurling "fans" like you. You're probably one of the idiots in the stand who actually shouts abuse at Donal Og. If you had even the smallest idea of what he's actually done you wouldn't be making yourself look like a complete fool.
[/quote]

I forgot Donal Og is out on the front line helping the ill and poor!!! So he attends a few hurling camps - big deal!!! I can guarantee if he travels any distance he gets a few quid to cover expenses!! Pretty funny coming from a Cork fan complaining about opposition fans giving players a hard time!

sligeach

Quote from: Reillers on July 22, 2008, 11:32:46 AM
Donal Og ran to the ref Canning and another Galway player "met" him on the way out and started on him but Donal Og was the only one booked.

Because Donal Og was the only one who stroke with the hurl. Did you watch the game ? Or are you incapable of listening to 99% of the people here who AREN'T from Galway but still agree on the simple facts of what happened.

Again.

Cusack absolutely deserved to go. (And I hope he never sets foot on a GAA field again) That Martin Coleman seems a sturdy keeper and I hope Cork keep him.

Sully was very lucky to not be red carded and anyone with eyes and a TV could see that.

Sean Og will be lucky to not get brought before the CCC.