UMFC Final - Tyrone v Monaghan

Started by ONeill, July 15, 2008, 12:58:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ziggysego

I'm taking my camera to the game. I'll see if I can get a few photos posted here tomorrow evening.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Quote from: ziggysego on July 19, 2008, 02:18:09 PM
I'm taking my camera to the game. I'll see if I can get a few photos posted here tomorrow evening.

That would be great Ziggy - good thinking.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

D4S

Quote from: hardstation on July 19, 2008, 02:45:09 PM
Take a few for the Would You/Wouldn't You thread.

Weemin in the crowd. Not Tyrone minors.

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D Very good!
The secret of success in life is for a man to be ready for his opportunity when it comes.

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

Maguire01

It wasn't to be, but a respectable result for Monaghan as big underdogs. Next up, Mayo in the Quarter Finals. Anyone know what they're like this year?

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Well done to the minor management and players on a well deserved win.

It was touch and go at the end whenever Tyrone got a penalty and Kyle Coney opted to go for goal. Surely he should have been instructed to take a point to close out the game and ensure they couldn't get beat as time was up ?.

FermGael

Poor game.  Tyrone always looked in control.  But i expected more from this Tyrone team.  Then again, to play poorly and win is a sign of a good team
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

orangeman

Quote from: FermGael on July 20, 2008, 06:38:41 PM
Poor game.  Tyrone always looked in control.  But i expected more from this Tyrone team.  Then again, to play poorly and win is a sign of a good team

You can't ride your luck forever all the same !

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 20, 2008, 06:54:09 PM
Tyrone were deserving winners but they made it hard for themselves.  Monaghan worked hard and tackled hard.  Very often Tyrone players dropped the ball coming out of defencea nd let Monaghan back on top of them.  Tim Harney made a great save in the second half to keep Monaghan just at bay when the margin was doen to 3 points.  Again Tyrone lacked real scoring power up front with some of their best forwards in defence.  The management refused to instruct young Coney to hit the ball over the bar for the inexplicable penalty in the last 3 minutes and almost paid the price when the Monaghan goalkeeper saved and passed the ball to put Tyrone under pressure in the last couple of minutes.  Kyle Coney was possibly MotM playing well in several positions but Petey Harte was almost as good, carrying the ball with ease when those around fumbled it. Worrying to see Diarmuid McNulty with his armin a sling after the game.

Well done to all involved.

Was he told to go for the goal ?

orangeman

Quote from: Take Your Points on July 20, 2008, 07:09:13 PM
Apparently he was left to make up his own mind on what to do.

Surely he should have been instructed to take a point or is that just too defensive ?

ziggysego

Congratulations to the Tyrone Minors on winning the Ulster Minor Championship this afternoon at Clones. Great to see the conveyor belt is still moving. :)

Knacked this evening, so I'll wait until tomorrow before I post the pictures.
Testing Accessibility

orangeman

Who do Tyrone meet now and when is it fixed for ?

ONeill

Was there not 2 in it when the penalty was awarded? Still think a point was the safer option.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.