Padraig Harrington The Open Championship winner 2008

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 14, 2008, 02:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedandGreenSniper

Unbelievable achievement to retain it. Now that he has cleared that incredibly difficult first major win and arguably almost as difficult second major, he can hopefully go on and bag a few more
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

mouview

Tremendous achievement from our greatest living sportsman. He has the genuine respect of all his peers also. Would love to see him win a major on American soil now, just to copperfasten his standing in the game. Up to third in the world overnight.

Rossie11

Fair play Harrington. Brilliant stuff. Seemed to cruise through the week and really only showed his class when the pressure came on down the straight. That shot at 17th will be remembered and celebrated as much as Christy O'Connors at the belfry.

Gnevin

Not much of a Golf fan but winning 2 back to back is very impressive . Well done to him .
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

The Real Laoislad

Just back from Weston airport in Lucan,Where Harrington landed back into Ireland
Met the man himself and got his autograph.Sadly i had no camera with me but was great to meet him and shake his hand.
Also sadly he didn't have the trophy with him..
You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on July 21, 2008, 01:22:04 PM

Is it the fact he's another great Dublin man that has you bitter?  ;D
Yeah im bitter even though i started this thread and was posting all day yesterday about how great he was doing and how much i hoped he won..
Do you ever get tired of being a gobshite?
Wait don't answer that as i don't have the energy to be pulled into a slagging match with you as you always bring me down to your low low low level...
You'll Never Walk Alone.

stiffler

Harrington is the biggest gentleman in sport...hard to believe hes a dub  :P
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: stiffler on July 21, 2008, 10:18:17 PM
Harrington is the biggest gentleman in sport...hard to believe hes a dub  :P

Certainly is a gentleman,I just seen him spend a half an hour signing autographs and posing for pics,In fairness im sure all he wants to do is go have a few pints and relax but he was more than willing to chat to anyone tonight...
Pity he didn't have the trophy though,I would have liked to see that..I suppose he realised he was back in Dublin and the chances of it being robbed were quite high  :-*
You'll Never Walk Alone.

muppet

Just noticed all YouTube videos have been removed by IMG.

This is the problem with Golf and more particularly the likes of IMG. The only good thing is that like Don King in the past they will overdo the bloodsucking and bleed the sport dry. Pity though.
MWWSI 2017

youngfella

I live in liverpool so i when up to the open, tickets were cheap on the gate. I managed to get talking to him after such a down to earth fella, lovely man. Has a passing interest in hurling too!
Pull hard and early

The Real Laoislad

Just spotted myself on tonights news! Jeez I'm a goodlooking bastard! :P
I see he had the trophy coming off the plane,Didn't have it when he came out to meet and greet his fans though unfortunately
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Tankie

Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 21, 2008, 10:16:11 PM

Yeah im bitter even though i started this thread and was posting all day yesterday about how great he was doing and how much i hoped he won..
Wait don't answer that as i don't have the energy to be pulled into a slagging match with you as you always bring me down to your low low low level...

you really are a clown LL!

I see you dodged the full post again LL - real WUM tactics

QuoteWhat are you on about now LL, how is it disrespectful to men and women who are not at the top of their sport, alot of these guys going to the Olympic's I wish best of luck to but we don't even expect a medal from these games.

Is it the fact he's another great Dublin man that has you bitter? 
Grand Slam Saturday!

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: Tankie on July 22, 2008, 09:19:29 AM
Quote from: The Real Laoislad on July 21, 2008, 10:16:11 PM

you really are a clown LL!

You've just answered my question....No you don't ever get tired of being a gobshite,Its probably in your breeding i suppose
You'll Never Walk Alone.