Padraig Harrington The Open Championship winner 2008

Started by The Real Laoislad, July 14, 2008, 02:57:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

5 Sams

Surprised he didnt mention the Dubs.....he f**king mentioned everybody else ???
The Aristocrat Years

Hardy

Minder

Fair play to him but there will be am asterix beside any major win until Woods comes back
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyroneboi

Quote from: Minder on July 20, 2008, 08:24:21 PM
Fair play to him but there will be am asterix beside any major win until Woods comes back

Dont think thats fair. As Peter Alliss said today Woods has only won 3 out of 14 British Opens he has been in so its not as if he dominates the Open. He usually struggles round links courses especially when the wind gets up.

blasmere

I don't think so.

When they look back on his career and they say he won 2 british open's (who knows, may be more)  they won't say, oh, but Woods wasn't there in 08
A sure cure for seasickness is to sit under a tree

magpie seanie

Typical bullshit talk from Minder. Maybe there should be an asterix beside all of Nicklaus' majors as well?

[Reported Post. MAgpie Seanie, no need for the personal abuse. That's a Rule 1 Warning.]

Hardy

Harrington is a fine ambassador for his sport and his country indeed. You have to hand it to the golf boys for sportsmanship and general all-round respect for the values of sport. No cheating, seeking unfair advantage, mouthing, gamesmanship, uncouthness or disrespect of opponents or officials.

How unlike what our sport has become.

tyroneboi

And a word on Greg Norman. Appears to be one of the most genuine men in sport. If I wasn't supporting Harrington then would have loved him to win it. After that effort this week hope he wins the seniors event next week.

magickingdom

why would that be? how many british opens has woods played in and won

MaroonAndWhite

To quote the great Pat Shortt......"balls like a Bengali Tiger"  :)

Tiger was there last year was he not? Didnt appear to affect Harrington then.....

The Real Laoislad

Quote from: magickingdom on July 20, 2008, 09:40:28 PM

why would that be? how many british opens has woods played in and won

3 from 14 i believe
You'll Never Walk Alone.

Minder

Quote from: magpie seanie on July 20, 2008, 09:04:31 PM
Typical bullshit talk from Minder. Maybe there should be an asterix beside all of Nicklaus' majors as well? Tool.
I am so sorry i offended you Magpie,you are a great lad and its fellas like you that make this board such an engaging and enjoyable pursuit,again,apologies
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Tankie

Great Stuff, a true legend now and a great Dub!
Grand Slam Saturday!

Square Ball

just brilliant, the last three holes were the best i have seen anyone play, more room for the ladybirds
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Declan

Good man Padraig - delighted for him. Great player and great ambassador. Good job Dessie showed him he wasn't a CHB all those years ago