Farmers

Started by Aerlik, July 04, 2008, 10:38:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

coosanglen

I never saw him playing or indeed farming, but Noel Tierney, full back on the galway 3 in a row team, was by all accounts handy around the square and the farm

moysider

Quote from: the Deel Rover on July 04, 2008, 03:01:12 PM
Off topic i know but speaking of kerrymen could anyone recommend any good book on Tom Crean?

Yeah. Michael Smith s book called Tom Crean. Great book.

thebandit

Noel Marron (Monaghan) was a farmer.

On the present squad, Stephen Fitzpatrick is a pig farmer

Aerlik

Isn't/wasn't that man-mountain Ambrose O'Donovan of Kerry a farmer.  He captained them in '84 or '85 too I think.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

dodo

Didn't Keith Barr reckon after the AI club semi win in 1998 that "there won't be a cow milked in Finglas tonight "

:)

J70

Quote from: Donegal Danny on July 04, 2008, 02:20:29 PM
In Donegal Noel Hegarty on the 1992 All Ireland winning team was and still is a sheep farmer in Glencolmcille although he has a pub now as well. On the present team big Neil Gallagher from Glenswilly is a part time Farmer, seen him heading to the bog last Monday week  with a new set of cribs on the trailer. Sold a few cattle in Raphoe mart last Thursday, said he got on well, better than against the Derry midfield anyway i said.

Micheal O'Murcheartaigh interjected a little piece about Noel buying sheep in Falcarragh the week before one of the Donegal games in '92 (could've been the final) during his commentary. :D

Onion Bag

Is Francie Bellew a farmer?  ;)
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

thebandit

Quote from: Onion Bag on July 08, 2008, 09:22:24 AM
Is Francie Bellew a farmer?  ;)

No, he's a joiner/builder

cornafean

I bought chicken fillets in Supervalu last week and the wrapper stated that they came from the farm of Fergal Caulfield in Scotstown. I presume this is the same Fergal who was on the successful Monaghan team during the 1980s. Gerry McCarville was another on that time with an agricultural background.
Boycott Hadron. Support your local particle collider.

thebandit

Quote from: cornafean on July 08, 2008, 11:19:32 AM
I bought chicken fillets in Supervalu last week and the wrapper stated that they came from the farm of Fergal Caulfield in Scotstown. I presume this is the same Fergal who was on the successful Monaghan team during the 1980s. Gerry McCarville was another on that time with an agricultural background.

I dont know any Fergal Caulfield, but Fergus Caulfied was a good player!

Over the Bar

QuoteIs Francie Bellew a farmer? 

A joiner and a builder??  Is there no end to this man's ability?  I bet he builds the walls with one hand (at a euro a block of course) and at the same time puts the roof on with the other, no hard hat required and the hi-viz jacket is only so heavy machinery can get out of his way to avoid gettin damaged.  Jay-sus Far-ancie is sum boyo!

its me again

was/is dermot mccabe a farmer??

Onion Bag

Is he not an accountant or something like that
Hats, Flags and Head Bands!

Aerlik

Quote from: Over the Bar on July 08, 2008, 01:50:56 PM
QuoteIs Francie Bellew a farmer? 

A joiner and a builder??  Is there no end to this man's ability?  I bet he builds the walls with one hand (at a euro a block of course) and at the same time puts the roof on with the other, no hard hat required and the hi-viz jacket is only so heavy machinery can get out of his way to avoid gettin damaged.  Jay-sus Far-ancie is sum boyo!

:D :D :D
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

moysider

If Francie is nt a farmer he should be.