Oxegen 08

Started by Whitehair, July 02, 2008, 01:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Whitehair

Stage times have been released

http://www.oxegen.ie/newsletters/photo.html

Is anyone else heading? Looking forward to Kings of Leon, Prodigy, The Chems and your man Seasick Steve for the craic.
Looks like we'r due some bad weather for the next few days so it'l probably be a re-run of last years conditions. Plenty of tickets still floating about also for less than face value!

thejuice

Ballylinan is where ya want to be this weekend   ;D

http://www.dodfestival.com/main.html
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

corn02

I am heading.

Pordigy, Chemical Brothers adn The Racontueers are top of the list. RATM  and the Verve if I can fit them in.

Mayo4Sam

Friday, Kings, interpol, editors, saw doctors & god is an astronaut

Saturday Counting crows, feeder, zutons, prodigy, bowling for soup, the enemy, delays
Sunday Blizzards, kooks, raconteur, fratellis, pogues, ian brown, MGMT, band of horses, pigeon detectives

Sunday will be hardest day to choose

Anyone there last year? Is it really full of scumbags out robbing lads?
Have heard bad, bad stories since the last time i was there
Excuse me for talking while you're trying to interrupt me

Whitehair

QuoteDid anyone actually use the showers last year

What drink is everyone taking?

Didnt see any point getting a shower as you'd have been mucked to the eyeballs within an hour or two.

There was a good offer on there in Makro 48 tins of Strongbow for £25 so i'l take a 24 deck down and a few bottles of Buckfast for a caffeine hit.

QuoteAnyone there last year? Is it really full of scumbags out robbing lads?

I know one fella that was mugged for his ticket on the way in but apart from that I heard of no real bother, what is there 70,000 people at it so you'll always get a few bad apples. Wouldn't worry about it in the slightest tbh....(I'l probally end up geting a hid'in now! :D)

Maguire01

Oxegen is the Holylands moved down the road a few miles wih a lineup of good bands thrown in. I'm too old for it now (E.P. all the way!), but was tempted to go down on the Sunday for RATM. I'm hoping they'll do a proper tour here (or the UK) instead sometime in the near future.

stiffler

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 02, 2008, 10:46:53 PM
Oxegen is the Holylands moved down the road a few miles wih a lineup of good bands thrown in. I'm too old for it now (E.P. all the way!), but was tempted to go down on the Sunday for RATM. I'm hoping they'll do a proper tour here (or the UK) instead sometime in the near future.

Why bring the Holylands into everthing?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

kumquat

Anyone there last year? Is it really full of scumbags out robbing lads?
[/quote]

Last year i was sitting outside my tent at about 8.30am sipping on a tin of bud, these two lads started beating the shite out of each other. It lasted about 15mins, i shit you not. Half eight in the morning  ??? ??? ??? It will be full of shite bags in the campsites. No camping for me this year, hotel all the way. Fuk that running about all weekend stinkin.
Buy us a pint then Boselecta!!!

Maguire01

Quote from: stiffler on July 02, 2008, 10:49:22 PM
Oxegen is the Holylands moved down the road a few miles with a lineup of good bands thrown in. I'm too old for it now (E.P. all the way!), but was tempted to go down on the Sunday for RATM. I'm hoping they'll do a proper tour here (or the UK) instead sometime in the near future.

Only where there's a genuine comparison. Young people away from home for the first time, pissed, acting the clown (again, dressed in their county colours) and not caring about the effect of their actions on others. Have you been to the Holylands? Have you also been to Oxegen? If not, my comparison may have been lost on you. Others may recognise it.

stiffler

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 02, 2008, 11:22:04 PM
Oxegen is the Holylands moved down the road a few miles with a lineup of good bands thrown in. I'm too old for it now (E.P. all the way!), but was tempted to go down on the Sunday for RATM. I'm hoping they'll do a proper tour here (or the UK) instead sometime in the near future.

Only where there's a genuine comparison. Young people away from home for the first time, pissed, acting the clown (again, dressed in their county colours) and not caring about the effect of their actions on others. Have you been to the Holylands? Have you also been to Oxegen? If not, my comparison may have been lost on you. Others may recognise it.

I have been to both, but it wouldnt exactly be the first thing I would compare it to (although the accommodation in oxegen is probably better than that in south belfast).

Theres a lot of people who attend oxegen in their mid to late 20s, its not full of 17/18 year olds away from home for the first time.
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

nic

Quote from: Maguire01 on July 02, 2008, 11:22:04 PM

Why do you need to bring that up again? Surely if they are acting the clown, who gives a fook what they are wearing? Because they are wearing GAA jerseys does that make them worse?

Maguire01

Quote from: stiffler on July 02, 2008, 11:25:25 PM
Theres a lot of people who attend oxegen in their mid to late 20s, its not full of 17/18 year olds away from home for the first time.
There are indeed many 'older' people who attend, but they're less likely to be the ones acting the clown (in my experience). I also know of many 'older' people who won't go because of what i'm saying.

Quote from: nic on July 02, 2008, 11:32:21 PM
Why do you need to bring that up again? Surely if they are acting the clown, who gives a fook what they are wearing? Because they are wearing GAA jerseys does that make them worse?
It matters only that by association, they give the average GAA fan a bad name. I don't like being lumped into what people refer to as 'redneck GAA fans', because of the action of such clowns. It's the outside perception that is relevant here - they're the people that will draw the line between acting the knob and wearing a GAA top.

rolloutking

QuoteAnyone there last year? Is it really full of scumbags out robbing lads?

I seen a riot on the monday morning when we were all dying a death between what seemed Dublin and Limerick lads. They where throwing poles, chairs, full beer tins and anything they could get their hands on. Then they started burning tents. Sure it's all a bit of craic.

QuoteThere was a good offer on there in Makro 48 tins of Strongbow for £25 so i'l take a 24 deck down and a few bottles of Buckfast for a caffeine hit.

I heard you don't need a card to get drink in Makro, is this true?

I'll prob take a crate of Kopperberg cos its easy to drink when your hung over, crate of magners and a litre or 2 of Vodka

Where are people getting their tents and bags. Argos is sold out of most  of them all over Norn Iron.

Also, does anyone know what a detachable ground sheet on a tent is? Does this mean that you put a sheet down on top of the grass and that water could seep in at the edges. My tent at the minute has the groundsheet attached and it means that water cant seep up through the bottom cos its sealed all the way round?

Whitehair

QuoteI heard you don't need a card to get drink in Makro, is this true?

Not too sure tbh, sent a mate on the drink run because he has a card.

QuoteWhere are people getting their tents and bags

Im told Halfords has all the gear stocked at the minute.

rolloutking

Is makro drink 17.5% off?

I got a card one time but didnt activate it within 6 months so its no use