Oxegen 08

Started by Whitehair, July 02, 2008, 01:58:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mhacadoir

well what was everyones opinions?

rage against the machine were immense! seriously privileged i actually got the chance to see them live. also thought that prodigy, mgmt, pendulum and boyznoise were amazing!

dodgy umpire

pendulum were explosive. prodigy a bit quiet though?
The Boys in Red and Black are back

mhacadoir

thought the prodigy put on a good show, i was i was rightly back but u could still hear it. was anyone in the tent when mgmt had to go off stage because someone climbed to the top of the towers in the middle. seriously dangerous stuff, but what a set they played when they came back on!

Whitehair

Quotethought the prodigy put on a good show

Was really looking forward to the prodigy but just before it started, my friend who'd just recovered from damaged ligaments in his ankle tripped, leaving me to give him a piggy-back to the exit of the arena ffs! Think i heard the first 2 songs and on sunday i felt like i'd spent the previous nite in the gym! >:(

I thought REM and Stereophonics were brilliant although was a bit dissapointed with Kings OL, I went over to catch 10min of Grove Armada and thought they were better in 10 min than the previous 60 of KOL.

On a side note did anyone see the flying tent?

dodgy umpire

yeah what was that about????
The Boys in Red and Black are back

mhacadoir

Whitehair

Quotethe flying tent?

Yeah, it was about 1pm on sunday, supposedly there where very strong winds in the red campsite or something, it looked like a 1 man tent, loads of plastic bags as well. Must have been 150m+ in the air

Actually theres a link

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=un_NQeDiFFc

mhacadoir

christ.

some of the things that go on there you couldn't even believe unless you were there. wen i came back to my tent at R13 two men were standing (just about) singing twinkle twinkle little star at the security man in the tower!

thought the campsites and the organisation in general was a lot better this year. all the roads around the campsite were class.

Doire abú

Highlight were Manic Street Preachers, The Pogues, Kings of Leon, REM, Scouting for Girls and Rage.

Lowlight was some **** stealing my bag. :-X

Great criac otherwise.

rolloutking

I thought it was good but wasn't as good as last year probably because i missed half of KOL cos i was full in my tent and then i busted my ankle in the mosh pit

The security guards where absolute dciks. I went out to the car on friday and coming back in the security guard wouldnt let me in unless i showed him ID. I was like 'look at my OXEGEN 08 wristband you clown' but he still wouldnt let me in till i showed him ID. He also asked my mate and he replied 'jesus christ im 22' to which the guard says ' go on ahead then' after realizing how stupid he sounded

On another occasion i went out to the campsite still drinking a pint out of one of them glasses and when i went to go back in they wouldn't  let me take it in again even though it was empty which ment i had to pay 8 euros for the next pint.

Finally when we were going home there was a few stalls outside selling crisps and bars. When we got down to the pick up we had missed out bus and had to wait about for 4 hours untill someone came to collect us. I wanted to go back up to the stalls to get some grub but the guards wouldn't let me walk 100 yards up the grass bank.

Total ass wipes

On another note, does anyone know if there is a dvd on the way of the performances or can they be watched online apart from mobile phone vids?

Whitehair

Here Rolloutking did ya ever get your flares?
A crowd i know camped out in the red car park with vans, took a generator and huge sound system After the Kings of L they set it all up, car lights flashing, ended up a crowd of 200 or so formed from all over the car park, ravin away into the night, fellas standing on car bonnets in the dark with red flares, security didnt even try clear them.

youngfella

Christ if you can remenber you arent drinkin hard enough. Did anyone do anything sinful? Things they wish they now hadnt?!

someone must have a story about what there "friend" done.
Pull hard and early

Our Nail Loney

A poster on here shit himsell last year at oxegen!!

Don't wanna mention any names though because he sorta has a respectable persona going at the min and don't wanna ruin it

youngfella

;D be less messy than using the bogs they that there
Pull hard and early

corn02

Haha Loney, yeah he is sorting his life out at present. Glad I missed that last year.

Prodigy were unreal.