The Irish Apprentice

Started by the Deel Rover, June 11, 2008, 11:24:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

the Deel Rover

Right lads get your cv's in

Apprentice coming to Irish TV
Television viewers in Ireland will have their own Irish version of 'The Apprentice' this autumn.

TV3 will screen the new show, with 14 candidates battling it out to become millionaire entrepreneur Bill Cullen's apprentice.

The winner will receive a 12-month contract working alongside Cullen with a package worth €100,000.

AdvertisementCommenting, Cullen said: "'The Apprentice' brings an exciting opportunity to budding Irish achievers. As a hands-on operator with various business activities I will give the winner an exceptional grounding in how to win in the tough environment of our current economic situation - and our morning meetings start at 6.30am. That's a fact."

Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Our Nail Loney

Are university drop-outs welcome?!

Uladh

Will Hunting

tyroneboi

Bump.

Starting now. Anyone watching??

pintsofguinness

For f**k sake can we not come up with our own programmes?

Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

The Iceman

I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Bogball XV

it might have helped a wee bit if all 14 weren't salesy/marketing types - you know a few who have real jobs too would have been nice for contrast - but then i suppose there's only a certain type who'd actually put themselves forward for it.

Down Gael

A mate of mine used to go out with Orla, she was his "apprentice"  :D

Tony Baloney

When and where was this pish on?

Declan

Can't take Bill Cullen seriously at all and the whole idea of "apprenticing" yourself out to egomaniacs is nonsensical to me.

lynchbhoy

Quote from: Declan on September 23, 2008, 07:16:14 AM
Can't take Bill Cullen seriously at all and the whole idea of "apprenticing" yourself out to egomaniacs is nonsensical to me.
absolutely !
Didnt watch it, also think cullen was very f**king 'lucky' though apparantly he himself says it was skill and not luck etc etc

people with real jobs and a bit of modesty about themselves would never apply for this kind of rubbish.
its the wanabes in the makey uppy jobs in sales and marketing (and maybe teaching  ;) ) that will go for the 'media exposure' and the kind of person you wouldnt like in reality (apart from some of the women for a while until your ears and brain finally over rule your sex drive.

tbrick18

saw about the last 10 minutes of it in the board room....should have been called the bored room.
Pure pish.

The Iceman

I've often watched the UK version of this show and thought I could do well in it - some of the business decisions people make are ridiculous!

I think the majority of these guys are either too cocky, too book smart or don't have enough common sense to make it in the world today.

I'd say there are plenty of guys (and girls) on here who between them could take a good business idea, run with it and make it work.

I often toyed with the idea of coming home and taking an idea that works in the USA and making it work in Ireland.

Anyone have any (sensible) ideas?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

heineken_on_tap

Don't know if anyone else is watching this but its quiet good. beginning to heat up a bit now