Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Imposerous

I have heard very positive things about the natural ability of young Toal of Armagh Harps but that attude may be a problem.  Has he that much potential?  Can he become a senior regular?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Imposerous on November 23, 2006, 07:26:26 PM
I have heard very positive things about the natural ability of young Toal of Armagh Harps but that attude may be a problem.  Has he that much potential?  Can he become a senior regular?
If what I hear (about his attitude)  is true I wouldn't let him have a club jersery never mind a county one.

latest on the nab is that all players have been called before the ulster council on monday night in the armagh hotel.
it will be up to the county board to set a date and the harps will play it whenever!!!! suspensions or no suspensions
Am I the only one that didn't think it was that bad? Just seemed like a lot of pushing and shoving. 
It pisses me off  that Nab will play in ulster and u21 championship with whatever suspensions they get and St. Pats have been able to play relegation playoffs and the u21 championship and still haven't received their suspensions from a game that took place months ago!  >:(
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Hank Everlast

latest on the nab is that all players have been called before the ulster council on monday night in the armagh hotel.
it will be up to the county board to set a date and the harps will play it whenever!!!! suspensions or no suspensions
Am I the only one that didn't think it was that bad? Just seemed like a lot of pushing and shoving. 
It pisses me off  that Nab will play in ulster and u21 championship with whatever suspensions they get and St. Pats have been able to play relegation playoffs and the u21 championship and still haven't received their suspensions from a game that took place months ago!  >:(

Good point pint, typical gaa powers that be showing inconsistancies again!!

Spiritof98

Peader Toal gave Armagh 110% last year in an effort to break into the senior team, his year did entail several injuries but he did produce an exhibition of long range point taking against the Erne men in the McKenna Cup. The AI OF against Kerry threw up the ideal situation to blood this raw talent which was recognised by our former assistant manager who suggested to bring Toal on 5-10 into the 2nd half for the failing McConnville, his suggestion was dispensed by Big Joe with the reponse 'NO, I'm the boss' (allegedly) and brought on Paddy McKeever for ?. thus the fall out which has occurred.

Toals history regarding attitude has been well documented but, I feel the effort to nurture his skills is well worth it, he has become disillusioned with 12 month football which is so evident in todays game but can we afford to let this talent slip through and replace him with yet another robot of the modern game.

I'll go back if Marsdens back

BenDover

here her Spirit if people would just give him a chance and instead of talking about his attitude or alleged lack of it an encourage him then I feel we could a top class fwd playing for the county.

Uladh

"Peader Toal gave Armagh 110% last year in an effort to break into the senior team"

that's not what his teammates say....

Hank Everlast

that definitely calls for supporting evidence Uladh!!

Uladh

I've heard it from a few players that he missed quite a bit of training over the course of the year and frequently dropped out during the tougher sessions.

What happened to the original umgola?

umgolaarmagh

couldnt log in with old address

he wasnt the only ones to pull ot of tough sessions

Uladh

pintsofguinness

Lads, I know nothing about what Uladh is saying but did he or did he not stop playing for the Harps after they left the championship this year and last year?

If the answer to that question is yes it's all I need or want to know about the lad!

spirt, I know he's your club mate and your going to stand by him (though I don't think he deserves your loyalty) but don't try making excuses about the 12 months of football, players up and down the county and indeed contry! play football for 12 months.

pintsofguinness

Any results from today?

Ogs beat St. Pats.

holylandsniper