Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BenDover

No point putting him in and not giving him a chance so I say Toal in and to start the first few games of the year  ;)

bennydorano

Harps v 'Nab game down for Saturday at 2pm in today's Irish News

trueblue

clann eireann have been thrown out of the play offs.

culloville due to play carrickcruppen this weekend i think its on sunday morning at 11 in either cullyhanna or mullaghbane.

rough enough on clann eireann but it should never have taken the county board 3 weeks to make a decision

Six Inch Nail

I suppose a Clann Eireann objection is imminent, any word on this?
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

blueskinn

pints uve obviously rolled out of the wrong side of bed, i never said any1 was abusing him i said they were giving him abuse! as for the mid v south thing u have to question why the likes of stephen keran etc were given more than their fair share of chances this year. toal is a far better player than him but wasnt given his chances at the start of the year

Six Inch Nail

Blueskin, would that not be more to do with family than geography?
Silverbridge Harps GAC, Co. Armagh

Hank Everlast

with out a shadow toal has to be kept, and shud be givin a proper crack of the whip this term

blueskinn

prob has a lot to do wif the family but there are other examples i feel jp never go a fair crack at it but aidan o'rouke was pulled in only to be dropped at the end of the season

illdecide

i'm not taking any sides on the matter because i don't really care who gets promoted, but a Clann Eireann player told me the abuse was from both teams to the Ref. So why not throw out both teams and let Cruppin play the Bridge to see who gets promoted. (I think the Bridge will get promoted anyway no matter who they play) :)
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

trueblue

nobody from either team gave the referree any stick it was the clann eireann manager threatening the referee which led to the game being abandoned so culloville had nothing to do with him abandoning it

so why should they be punished for the indiscipline of the other teams manager?

blueskinn

these playoffs are turning into a right joke its almost december and there is no sign of them being finished! are they being planned for next year or are they a one off?

trueblue

no i dont think they will be in place next year they will be scrapped after this year as far as i know

pintsofguinness

Illdecide
Quote1st thing, i was and still am backing Mr Toal. 2nd, thats the way it reads on the board, Mid and South Armagh men giving their different opinions on the matter. And anyone with a bit of wit reading my message will know there was a bit of banter at the end of it, but it looks like it hit a few nerves with the Pint
My comments were directed at blueskinn I know you were only messing about.
And btw, if you were in trouble with me even this wouldn't get you out of it!
QuoteSo why not throw out both teams and let Cruppin play the Bridge to see who gets promoted. (I think the Bridge will get promoted anyway no matter who they play)
:P

Blueskinn
as for the mid v south thing u have to question why the likes of stephen keran etc were given more than their fair share of chances this year. toal is a far better player than him but wasnt given his chances at the start of the year
FFS! Stephen Kernan was given so many chances because he's a KERNAN!

prob has a lot to do wif the family but there are other examples i feel jp never go a fair crack at it but aidan o'rouke was pulled in only to be dropped at the end of the season
Big Joe has a secret love for the O'Rourkes and Dromintee? :D  It had nothing to do with the fact that AOR was an established, experienced county player? 
It's funny because Mid and North armagh are convinced that Big Joe the county board and all are so biased toward south armagh.
South Armagh clubs are convinced they're biased towards cross and that Mid and North armagh clubs get a better look in than us.

nobody from either team gave the referree any stick it was the clann eireann manager threatening the referee which led to the game being abandoned so culloville had nothing to do with him abandoning it
It's still very harsh, you'd imagine most refs would send him off and get on with the game.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

illdecide

Now Pint don't be getting carried away, i'm not ball-licking ;), i said earlier that i thought the winners of Killeavey and Silverbridge would get promoted. Thats because in my opinion they were the two best teams left in the division, although another journey to South Armagh will hardly make a difference when almost every away game is an hours journey to South Armagh anyway.

On that other matter of the O'Rourkes and correct me if i'm wrong but did JK not fall out with A O'Rourke over an incident involving a few punches on an off the ball incident in one of the county finals 2 years ago?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch