Armagh Club football & hurling

Started by holylandsniper, November 09, 2006, 10:44:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

say nothin

harps game off, and wont be played next week with the nab drawing in ulster club today

BenDover

The Ogs Vs St Pat's will be played this Saturday @ Ballycrummy don't know what time yet

illdecide

Has the draw been made for the next round of the U21's.If so, who do Clann na Gael play next and what is the full draw?
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Cuchullainns Bhoy

As posted in an earlier thread, the £1000 comes from the Hurling teams within the county. The reason being as of last year the Hurling Boards control was passed to the football board as there where 'technical difficulties' within the Hurling. It appears that the county board has decided that if the Hurlers are entering Senior Chmapionship, they must pay the fee as is the norm with the football teams.
So £8000 isnt actually alot in terms of extra revenue, only poroblem here is that sokme Hurling clubs will not be able to pay up simple as that.
Theres shite, and theres the above.^^^^^

charlie stubbs

it doesnt matter who clans play theyl b beat anyway

lurganblue

Quote from: charlie stubbs on November 20, 2006, 11:48:24 AM
it doesnt matter who clans play theyl b beat anyway

good man yourself. thats the stuff i like to hear...  ::)

illdecide

Hi Charlie Stubbs, you keep talking and i'll keep shovelling.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

full back

Are you setting the Clans up for a fall Charlie?

lurganblue

i hear the clans will play cross next

charlie stubbs

the only team i could see them beating is sarsfields.when was the lastime that they had a good underage team in the last 5 6 years.do u think that coz u got to the county final it means u have a good u21 team.ohara and maybe mickey ohagan would be the only ones that started the county final u21,correct me if im wrong

lurganblue

your wrong.
mickey o'hagan isnt under 21

lurganblue

Quotedo u think that coz u got to the county final it means u have a good u21 team

oh and by the way. when did anyone say this? the fella only asked did anyone know the draw and who did the clans play next ffs

Spiritof98

Clans actually pushed the Harps very hard in the 1/4 final last year and the Harps went on to win it.
I'll go back if Marsdens back

Blue Boy

From Setanta.com

Kernan: 2007 will be my final year

Armagh Senior football manager Joe Kernan has confirmed to Setanta Sports that 2007 will be his final year at the Orchard County helm.

The Crossmaglen man extended his stay for a sixth year in September but has now revealed that it will be his last stint in the hotseat.

Kernan led Armagh to a first ever All-Ireland title in 2002 before affecting a stranglehold on the Ulster Senior Football Championship, which has now seen them collect six provincial crowns in eight years.

"The one thing we know is that when we go Armagh will be left in good hands," said Kernan.

"There will be no need to go around looking for a new manager like in Mayo at the minute where everything is up in the air. You don't need that.

"We need to keep the ship steady and keep the players believing. Hopefully in 12 months, and I'd like to think it would be late in September that I step down."

The 1977 All-Ireland finalist also intimated that his new assistant manager John Rafferty will take the reins when he steps down next year. Rafferty, who steered Antrim side St Gall's to the AIB All-Ireland Club title, took over from Paul Grimley as Kernan's right-hand man two months ago.

"From what I've seen, and I knew him when he was a young lad playing for Armagh, I'm going to enjoy working with John over the next 12 months," added Kernan.

"Certainly my days as a manager are numbered because I always feel it's better to go before you're chased."

Team trainer John McCloskey will remain part of the county's backroom team for another year as Armagh look to secure a second-ever Sam Maguire Cup.

lawnseed 2

SHOULD HAVE BEEN CHASED ALONG TIME AGO.  ;) FORMER ARMAGH MANAGER JIM MC CORRY IS REPORTED TO BE TAKING THE REINS AT LAST YEARS INTERMEDIATE CHAMPIONS INNISKEEN, IN MONAGHAN. HES HAD SUCESS SINCE LEAVING THE ARMAGH HOTSEAT  WITH MAYOBRIDGE AND QUEENS? I THINK. DESPITE THIS HE WASNT THE FARNEY MENS FIRST CHOICE WHO WERE KEEN TO ENLIST SOMEONE FROM THE CURRENT ARMAGH SET-UP