Men killed as stolen car crashes

Started by Minder, April 13, 2008, 08:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minder

Experience is a hard master.........

Men killed as stolen car crashes 

Two men have died after the stolen car in which they were travelling crashed in south Belfast early on Sunday.

The car was in collision with another vehicle on the Lisburn Road near the King's Hall at about 0430 BST.

Police said the driver of the other car was taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

The victims' names have not been released. The road was closed for several hours after the crash but has now been reopened.

SDLP Councillor Bernie Kelly said it demonstrated how car crime could lead to tragedy.

"Belfast City Council has a community safety partnership. We are involved with the police and all the key partners to try and get rid of this type of behaviour," she said.

"I would appeal to the local community to work with us on that. I would appeal to young men, it usually is young men, to desist in this kind of dangerous behaviour that leads to a lot of heartache."

Police have appealed for information.

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

pintsofguinness

QuotePolice said the driver of the other car was taken to hospital. His injuries are not thought to be life-threatening.

Thank God.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

imtommygunn

Minder that is a truly horrendous title to a thread. Change that or if you don't - moderator can you?

People do many things they shouldn't and granted these people took other peoples lives in danger but slap it up them because they died? Shame on you.

pintsofguinness

Yes, lets cry for them  ::)

imtommygunn

Did I say that?

People died. So what do we do say slap it up them?

pintsofguinness

Quote from: imtommygunn on April 13, 2008, 09:30:21 PM
Did I say that?

People died. So what do we do say slap it up them?

Well it wouldn't be my choice of words but I wouldnt be worried about them either.

Shamrock Shore

Bit harsh of a title agreed but I don't have any sympathy for scumbags that get killed joyriding. Glad that they took no innocents with them

the green man

So, joyriders die in a stolen car. Did the deserve it? Probably. Do we need to gloat over that fact? No. It is a harsh title for a thread alright.

Minder

why should i remove it? f**k them,if the police were chasing them and you were on the road do you think they would swerve to avoid you? Would they f**k. Live by the sword and die by the sword,is that what they say? Im sure we will have some social/community worker in the next few days telling us people that do this are "alienated" and need more "community funding"

stew

The title is harsh but I would have little sympathy for them either. They were scumbags and they paid the ultimate price for their thieving but now they are dead and we shouldnt gloat.

I dont think joy riders deserve to die, they deserve a good kicking and a stretch in jail, but to die? they are not child molesters ffs.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

imtommygunn

Well if you don't see why you should remove it then that says it all really.

Square Ball

they were somebodys sons, thats that, No symphathy for them at all.

how many innocent peopel have these "Joy riders" killed as a result of their actions?
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Minder

Tommy just because someone does not share your opinion does not make it any less valid. . . . . .

thewobbler

Re Stew.

Before I start, I am in no way defending paedophilia in any way, shape or form.

But paedophilia is, whether we like it not, an absolutely horrible illness, and not a choice.

Stealing a car is a choice, and driving it like a lunatic is a choice. They've no sympathy from me.

Abble

no-one i am sure is bouncing around jumping for joy at the fact that lives have been lost.

on the other side of the coin though, these guys go out risking multitudes of innocents' lives every night of the week, so it's long overdue