Men killed as stolen car crashes

Started by Minder, April 13, 2008, 08:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: stew on April 13, 2008, 09:42:55 PM
The title is harsh but I would have little sympathy for them either. They were scumbags and they paid the ultimate price for their thieving but now they are dead and we shouldnt gloat.

I dont think joy riders deserve to die, they deserve a good kicking and a stretch in jail, but to die? they are not child molesters ffs.

No, but they destory lives and families too.

Wobbler, you could argue that joyriding or someone needing that "thrill" is an illness too.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

thewobbler

You're probably right POG. But there a thousand ways to get a speed fix on this world without ruining people's lives.

the green man

Quote from: Minder on April 13, 2008, 09:47:51 PM
Tommy just because someone does not share your opinion does not make it any less valid. . . . . .

I dont think its your opinion per se, which agitates Tommy, more the title thread. 'Joyriders Die in stolen car' might have been more apt perhaps.

I'm not defending these neanderthals in any way shape or form, I just cant see where we should have a title thread as Judgement on them.

Maybe you have been affected by boys like this previously and it wrankles with you, and I could see where you are coming from. I still think that the title is a bit OTT

TacadoirArdMhacha

I agree that joyriders don't deserve a lot of sympathy but those who died all have mothers, fathers, brothers and sisters whose lives have probably just been irreparably damaged. I just think the title of thread is a little disrespectful of human life.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

imtommygunn

Precisely green man. Unless someone goes out to intentionally end someone's life and the only way this can be stopped is to kill them then I do not believe anyone deserves to die.

Did these people do wrong in stealing a car? yes
Did they go out to intentionally kill someone? unlikely

The ideal outcome would have been something like a crash into a lamp post where all the perpretrators got injury enough to teach them a lesson and also get caught and do their time.

Like green man says maybe you have been hit by something like this before but your thread title is about as heartless as it gets and I find it pretty offensive. Hard to find sympathy for them no doubt but the title, well heartless just about sums it up.

N.B. I have never, and I mean never, found anything on this board or any other discussion board offensive before. I have seen posts from the odd person who I've thought "what an a**hole" about but it's never bothered me enough to comment on it.

Minder

I have not been directly affected by them before but i have an 18 month old daughter and it will not be long until she is out playing and i know for a fact if they were being pursued bu the police everyone is fair game. My brother and i were driving up the Falls Rd a few years ago and joyriders came directly at us on the wrong side of the road if we hadnt of swerved we were fucked. Its not just the matter of illegally taking someones car, its the by products of it, the knife they stick to someones throat to get the car, its the driving at 80 mph with no regard for anyone in their way, its the attitude of anyone being fairgame to escape capture. And do people really think these scumbags are rehabilitated after serving a bit of bird, when they are released on Christmas leave from Hydebank every year they go apeshit every year, joyriding, burglaries etc. If people find the thread title so offensive i will change it but i wont change my opinion of them or the instant feeling i had when i read the story.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

the green man

MInder, what part does the CRJ play in all this? Or do they not permit a good caving to the aggressor?

Minder

Quote from: the green man on April 13, 2008, 10:38:02 PM
MInder, what part does the CRJ play in all this? Or do they not permit a good caving to the aggressor?

Well Greenman where i am they dont play any part, unless of course they are looking for a bit of funding, they become a bit more visible then.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

corn02

An innocent man taken to hospital, that is the real tragedy here.

stew

Quote from: corn02 on April 13, 2008, 10:57:22 PM
An innocent man taken to hospital, that is the real tragedy here.

Correct corn. I hope he is ok. What do you all think would have been a fair sentence here if these boyos had lived?

I would say 5 years would be about right.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

corn02

A fair sentence without killing the innocent passenger? Yeah five years sounds about right, they porbably only would have got one though.

Rav67

Quote from: thewobbler on April 13, 2008, 09:48:24 PM
Re Stew.

Before I start, I am in no way defending paedophilia in any way, shape or form.

But paedophilia is, whether we like it not, an absolutely horrible illness, and not a choice.

Being so twisted to simply desire doing the stuff they do is an illness.  Not having enough restraint not to act on the impulses when they know how wrong it is- that's not an illness.

Rav67

Quote from: corn02 on April 13, 2008, 11:27:00 PM
A fair sentence without killing the innocent passenger? Yeah five years sounds about right, they porbably only would have got one though.

Probably get about a year sentence in Hydebank with some probation, but with automatic remission only serve 6 months.

Orior

It would be interesting to get a full profile on the two deceased.

What is their family life like?
What was their education?
What was their profession?
What were their parents socio-economic stading?
Did they have criminal records?
What made them think they can steal someone elses property?

Any probation officers on this board?
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

stew

Quote from: Rav67 on April 13, 2008, 11:27:23 PM
Quote from: thewobbler on April 13, 2008, 09:48:24 PM
Re Stew.

Before I start, I am in no way defending paedophilia in any way, shape or form.

But paedophilia is, whether we like it not, an absolutely horrible illness, and not a choice.

Being so twisted to simply desire doing the stuff they do is an illness.  Not having enough restraint not to act on the impulses when they know how wrong it is- that's not an illness.

Illness my arse, they have a choice, they can get chemically castrated if they feel the urge to molest children. They are a shower of selfish low lifes that get by by preying on the weak.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.