Men killed as stolen car crashes

Started by Minder, April 13, 2008, 08:24:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

Horrible thread title - you should have more wit Minder. Fair play to tommygunn, Mac Eoghain and the greenman for their measured comments. Whilst it is impossible to have any sympathy for the two individuals, it is impossible not to have sympathy for their families who have lost sons, brothers and in one case a father, at the age of 19.

Quote from: Orior on April 14, 2008, 12:11:01 AM
It would be interesting to get a full profile on the two deceased.

Won't be a full profile, but here is what I know.

What is their family life like?

Both from quite large families (four and five children in each) and their parents are still together, although there are some problems in the background of at least one of the boys. I will elaborate via PM if required.

What was their education?

Both left secondary school at 16 with no GCSEs.

What was their profession?

One into mechanics, the other unemployed.

What were their parents socio-economic stading?

Both would have been comfortable. Unremarkable, working class I suppose would be a reasonable description.

Did they have criminal records?

None that I am aware of.

What made them think they can steal someone elses property?

The million dollar question. A multitude of reasons that would require a thread of its own.

There, but for the grace of God, go all of us.

Minder, are you a parent?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: saffron sam2 on April 14, 2008, 09:49:05 AM
Horrible thread title - you should have more wit Minder. Fair play to tommygunn, Mac Eoghain and the greenman for their measured comments. Whilst it is impossible to have any sympathy for the two individuals, it is impossible not to have sympathy for their families who have lost sons, brothers and in one case a father, at the age of 19.

It would be interesting to get a full profile on the two deceased.

Won't be a full profile, but here is what I know.

What is their family life like?

Both from quite large families (four and five children in each) and their parents are still together, although there are some problems in the background of at least one of the boys. I will elaborate via PM if required.

What was their education?

Both left secondary school at 16 with no GCSEs.

What was their profession?

One into mechanics, the other unemployed.

What were their parents socio-economic stading?

Both would have been comfortable. Unremarkable, working class I suppose would be a reasonable description.

Did they have criminal records?

None that I am aware of.

What made them think they can steal someone elses property?

The million dollar question. A multitude of reasons that would require a thread of its own.

There, but for the grace of God, go all of us.

Minder, are you a parent?

??? ??? ???
Tbc....

saffron sam2

GDA

You have no idea what lies in store for you or your family. You have no idea how your children or other family members will turn out.
Those here who have taken the moral high ground may not always be in a position to judge.

That is my point.

Gaaboardmod3

Hi All,

I just did a bit of editing on the thread title to tone it down a notch.

Cheers

Minder

Saffron Sam2......Yes i am a parent.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Candyman

One things for sure..... the C*NTS won't do it again!!!!
AND i make no apologies for saying it....

mannix

rather them than the poor man or woman they could have hit.
no sympathy for them.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

I wouldn't wish death on anybody, but this thread has been hijacked by bleeding hearts and turned into a debate about the morality of the title!! FFS.

I wonder what the title would have been if these two "death" drivers (never agreed with the term - joy rider) hadn't killed themselves, but had killed two innocent bystanders?
Tbc....

saffron sam2

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on April 14, 2008, 10:44:17 AM
I wouldn't wish death on anybody, but this thread has been hijacked by bleeding hearts and turned into a debate about the morality of the title!! FFS.

I wonder what the title would have been if these two "death" drivers (never agreed with the term - joy rider) hadn't killed themselves, but had killed two innocent bystanders?

Not sure if I am one of the bleeding hearts or not, but I think the majority of people on the thread are saying the same thing.

i.e. The two boys deserve no sympathy.

However, there is no need to gloat in their deaths; certainly no-one who has contributed to this thread knows what the future may hold for themselves or their families.

EC Unique

No sympathy for them.. They won't steal anymore cars now... I do have a little sympathy for the distraught families they have selfishly left behind to mourn in shame of them. :(

brokencrossbar1

It is great to see all the self righteous angels on here!  Who here has the right to deem themselves judge and jury over other peoples' lives.  The lads who stole the car were idiots and had no regard for life.  That is accepted.  However, they are dead and that cannot be changed.  You do not to have sympathy top at least show a bit of decorum.  And for what it is worth my wife has been hit by joy riders so I know the destruction they cause.  I myself was hit in a car accident at the weekend albeit not by joyriders.  The man who hit me showed the same disregard for my life as any joyrider would.  He decided that he could pull out from a lane at full pelt into the side of my car.  He didn't stop at the junction like he should have and as a result I have a car with €3000 worth of damage at least and a fecking lot of pain. 

I have seen the lives of joyriders at first hand.  Most of them live beyond the levels of poverty that anyone here can imagine.  Yes, they have choices that they can make in life, the same way a drunk driver has choices, the same way a business man in his BMW has choices when he cuts you up and nearly causes a crash, the same way the man who drove his car into the side of mine on Saturday evening had a choice.  No-one deserves to die and no matter what you say there are many posters here who have a warped sense of humanity if they feel that these lads got their just deserts.

Shame on you is what I say!

Abble

maybe another point that should be considered is that maybe these joyriders want to die anyway in the first place!? ok, they are tanked up on either alcohol, drugs, mix of both and expect to have a good ol' time then by thieving cars and driving like maniacs?! asking for trouble there like.

a few lads nicked my dads car a while back, and just missed a couple walking with pram, car mounted the path and was going straight for them. now i dont want people losing lives but i know who should be losing lives in these cases. of course these ones were drugged up to the eyeballs and were let off scot-free like most of them!

pintsofguinness

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on April 14, 2008, 12:36:41 PM
It is great to see all the self righteous angels on here!  Who here has the right to deem themselves judge and jury over other peoples' lives.  The lads who stole the car were idiots and had no regard for life.  That is accepted.  However, they are dead and that cannot be changed.  You do not to have sympathy top at least show a bit of decorum.  And for what it is worth my wife has been hit by joy riders so I know the destruction they cause.  I myself was hit in a car accident at the weekend albeit not by joyriders.  The man who hit me showed the same disregard for my life as any joyrider would.  He decided that he could pull out from a lane at full pelt into the side of my car.  He didn't stop at the junction like he should have and as a result I have a car with €3000 worth of damage at least and a fecking lot of pain. 

I have seen the lives of joyriders at first hand.  Most of them live beyond the levels of poverty that anyone here can imagine.  Yes, they have choices that they can make in life, the same way a drunk driver has choices, the same way a business man in his BMW has choices when he cuts you up and nearly causes a crash, the same way the man who drove his car into the side of mine on Saturday evening had a choice.  No-one deserves to die and no matter what you say there are many posters here who have a warped sense of humanity if they feel that these lads got their just deserts.

Shame on you is what I say!

It's strange that you criticise us for judging yet go on to judge them yourself.

I can't believe that you'd try and equate someone that makes a split second judgement or error with a joyrider!
They live in poverty do they? Well if I sat around on the dole I'd live in poverty too.  Some people are obviously dealt a rough card in life however that's not an excuse for doing what these boys done.  If there wasn't such a soft approach to them i.e. the "God love them" attitude then there wouldn't be half the problems. 

I wonder if the news story had been that two innocents were killed would you come on here and with that view, I doubt it. 
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

imtommygunn

Quotei.e. the "God love them" attitude

Who has displayed this attitude?

There may be a few less extreme things you can feel in between God love them and slap it up them do you not think? If you think there's nothing in between then you think in a pretty black and white manner - but I have noticed this before.

I was the first one to comment on the title of the thread. Slap it up them was extreme. It is hard to feel sympathy no doubt but I find it a bit inhumane to think "slap it up them" of almost anyone who's just been killed.