Golf Clubs

Started by Mickey Linden, April 07, 2008, 10:47:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Quote from: turkey+ham on May 13, 2011, 11:45:10 PM
Have these. Brilliant. In just a year went from 18 to 11, winning three club comps. Consistently making 36 points.  Can keep ball straight and on the fairways, which leaves me with plenty of birdie chances. Looking at a new putter now to make the step into single figures.

Good clubs then T+H...have seen them online but never seen anyone use them before...are they more a USA type thing are can be got in UK???? i thought with the huge back part on the head that could be maybe hard to get thru the ball/turf...but maybe they have that little bit extra weight that speeds up swing??? they dont look that expensivce either...do u have that exact type i showed u?? if not could u post a link to a set similar to urs........

laoislad

Quote from: bigfrank on May 14, 2011, 11:12:35 AM
Have these. Brilliant. In just a year went from 18 to 11, winning three club comps. Consistently making 36 points.  Can keep ball straight and on the fairways, which leaves me with plenty of birdie chances. Looking at a new putter now to make the step into single figures.

Good clubs then T+H...have seen them online but never seen anyone use them before...are they more a USA type thing are can be got in UK???? i thought with the huge back part on the head that could be maybe hard to get thru the ball/turf...but maybe they have that little bit extra weight that speeds up swing??? they dont look that expensivce either...do u have that exact type i showed u?? if not could u post a link to a set similar to urs........

Havent used a set like these bigfrank but those clubs there are whats known as Clone clubs,not to be mixed up with knock offs btw but they are based on a club like these Clevelands

http://www.halpennygolf.com/cleveland-hb3-steel-irons-p-864.html

I have used Pinemeadow before and they are actually decent clubs and well made www.gigagolf.com is also another site that offer clubs similar to the OEM brands but they are usually decent clubs in their own right and also much much cheaper to buy.
As i said though these shouldn't be mistaken for fake or knock off clubs as they are just dirt.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

sammymaguire

are they fully legal to play with? they look like you could hit some lovely clean shots time and again and get loads of distance with them
DRIVE THAT BALL ON!!

laoislad

Quote from: sammymaguire on May 14, 2011, 12:38:45 PM

are they fully legal to play with? they look like you could hit some lovely clean shots time and again and get loads of distance with them

If companys like Adams and Cleveland make them I'm sure they are fully legal.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

DrinkingHarp

Quote from: bigfrank on May 13, 2011, 08:54:57 PM
anyone use clubs like the ones in the link...doin a bit of random googling and looking about..this type of club came up a few times when u type words like improving golfer or high handicapper??

http://www.pinemeadowgolf.com/golf-clubs/hybrids/pre.ss.hybrid?pgpid=lagolf&utm_content=RecomBegIrons

An older gent who was in my golf league went to these (Adams) because of arthritis, he stated they were easier to swing in the rough (wouldn't catch as easy as an iron) and def improved his game. He also stated they were more forgiving on mishits (bigger sweet spot) and tended to hit straighter with them.
Gaaboard Predict The World Cup Champion 2014

bigfrank

Anyone play with wilson golf clubs...just came across this website/deal that is on offer..great looking set from the pictures...any advice??

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_packages/wilson/1200_xcg_complete_package_golf_packages/p11202

ha ha derry

I'm looking for a set of Slazenger F.A.S.T. irons left handed, can't find them anywhere new or second hand. Anybody know of any for sale ?

Link

Quote from: ha ha derry on December 13, 2011, 09:52:08 AM
I'm looking for a set of Slazenger F.A.S.T. irons left handed, can't find them anywhere new or second hand. Anybody know of any for sale ?

Surely someone of your standard won't be using them things!

ha ha derry

Naw they're for me da for christmas Link ! But i'd try just about anything at the minute  :D :D :D
I wouldn't be twisted enough to be left handed anyway !!!

Groucho

Quote from: bigfrank on June 23, 2011, 08:57:47 PM
Anyone play with wilson golf clubs...just came across this website/deal that is on offer..great looking set from the pictures...any advice??

http://www.direct-golf.co.uk/golf_packages/wilson/1200_xcg_complete_package_golf_packages/p11202

At that price you couldn't go wrong...first set I ever had were Wilson (mind you that's 35 years ago) and they were grand.

Now I play these when I get the chance to play

I like to see the fairways more narrow, then everyone would have to play from the rough, not just me

JimStynes

Armaghtothebone

If you're totally new to golf put the word out among your mates ( golf playing ones). odds on someone will be upgrading and a decent set of second hand clubs would be all a beginner needs.