Belfast marathon

Started by Baile an tuaigh, April 02, 2008, 11:13:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

haranguerer

Let us know how it went - was at top of the first hill in ormeau park cheering you! Trying to rem if seen antrim vest.. Planning on doing dublin in november, i've exams at min (hence all the computer time!) which stopped me doing this 1. Think gonna have to do dublin - had job interview, told them enjoyed all sports, and planned to run marathon in near future. They showed great interest, and asked me which 1, had to say dublin. Got the job, so reckon stuck now. Tho spose could always say '...at my interview?? You didn't believe that, did you?!'  ;)

the green man

I did the fourth leg of it today. Christ that towpath along the lough is fair boring. Watched a bit along the Antrim Road aswell.

Orior

Quote from: the green man on May 05, 2008, 09:57:52 PM
I did the fourth leg of it today. Christ that towpath along the lough is fair boring. Watched a bit along the Antrim Road aswell.

Ahem, so did I, just down from the Lansdowne.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

Orior

Anyone doing the Belfast Marathon on Monday?

imtommygunn

Have a few friends doing it but not doing it myself...

Pacers this year which should be interesting. They'll be carrying balloons round.

They also reckon the record will go this year.

An irish woman should win her race. Kenyan for the mens though...

Third leg the worst for anyone doing the relay - 7 mile! 2nd leg 3.5.

brokencrossbar1

Mrs BC and myself are doing it, should be interesting as I was never the best at doing laps.  Have a dodgy hamstring at the minute so will be taking it very handy.  Are you doing it Orior?

lurganblue

Doing about five mile in it. Looking forward to it. First time I've done anything like this. Maybe it'll put me in the mood for the full one next year?

ONeill

Thought about it. As close as it got.

Thinking of Lisburn 16th June.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Hedley Lamarr

Quote from: ONeill on May 02, 2010, 09:54:17 AM

Is that when the sales start? :D
I have a dream that one day this nation will rise up and live out the true meaning of its creed:

Tony Baloney

10k?

ONeill

Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 02, 2010, 11:11:21 AM

10k?

Tis. Did it last year in an abysmal 56 mins. Would be happy this year to do one sub-50 and then next year win the New York marathon, or come in the top 3.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Tony Baloney

Quote from: ONeill on May 02, 2010, 11:48:51 AM
Quote from: Tony Baloney on May 02, 2010, 11:11:21 AM

10k?

Tis. Did it last year in an abysmal 56 mins. Would be happy this year to do one sub-50 and then next year win the New York marathon, or come in the top 3.
I remember you giving off about your 10k pb on the running thread. No change?

Might be best to give yourself two years to win the NYC marathon. Top 10 will be more realistic for you.

imtommygunn

Laganside 10k in September is the best 10k around Belfast for a good time O'Neill. Lisburn a bit hilly though I plan to do it myself.

Lurgan blue there will be a good buzz so the full marathon may tempt you...

Last year they stopped runners to let traffic through - I wonder will the same shambles happen this year :-\

Orior

Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 01, 2010, 10:17:58 PM
Mrs BC and myself are doing it, should be interesting as I was never the best at doing laps.  Have a dodgy hamstring at the minute so will be taking it very handy.  Are you doing it Orior?

No, but i'll be there are the start. Mrs Orior doing it. I reckon she will finish around 2pm on Tuesday.

Minder

Quote from: Orior on May 02, 2010, 08:19:38 PM
Quote from: brokencrossbar1 on May 01, 2010, 10:17:58 PM

No, but i'll be there are the start. Mrs Orior doing it. I reckon she will finish around 2pm on Tuesday.

This Tuesday ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"