Bertie to Resign

Started by Barney, April 02, 2008, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

blast05

Quote from: Rav67 on April 04, 2008, 07:51:33 PM
Quote from: blast05 on April 04, 2008, 01:33:21 PM
And if the man is ever elected president then i will emigrate.

Wise up!

Why ? The thought of a crook and a con being president of this country would make any proud Irish citizen sick.
By his own standards, he should be in prison:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKztnNY1q2U&feature=related

Mutley

Quote from: Rav67 on April 04, 2008, 07:51:33 PM
Quote from: blast05 on April 04, 2008, 01:33:21 PM
And if the man is ever elected president then i will emigrate.

Quote from: stew on April 04, 2008, 02:38:59 PM
Bertie should be convicted for crimes against the state. He is a gangster, a liar and a sc**bag. The politicians on the island of Ireland are every bit as bad as the ones in the states and if you are the leader of a country and you rip off the people of that country as far as I am concerned you should be hung for treason.

Wise up!

I am no fan of Berties but that is a disgrace, moderators can we have this person banned for this insulting and sick post?

Solomon Kane

I like him. Fair enough, he was corrupt, but as a politician he is hardly alone there. Half the NI Assembly and the House of Commons are no doubt shitting themselves at the moment due to recent events, but is anyone really surprised? There has to be something wrong with someone who wants to be a politician in the first place.

The ROI is a much more content and prosperous place than when he first came to power, and he helped Northern Ireland become a much more stable and peaceful place, with all parties showing a lot of enthusiasm to the new devolved government. As well as that, their all too evident frailties with regards to real politics will some day drag them in to the 21st century when the voters start to demand it. 

blast05

QuoteThe ROI is a much more content and prosperous place than when he first came to power

Would you care to outline what it is FF and Bertie Ahern have done to bring that about ?

Bord na Mona man

Quote from: blast05 on April 04, 2008, 11:46:35 PM
QuoteThe ROI is a much more content and prosperous place than when he first came to power

Would you care to outline what it is FF and Bertie Ahern have done to bring that about ?
A few obvious ones:
Founding of the IDA - Sean Lemass
Free education - Donagh O'Malley
Setting up the RTCs - Paddy Hillary
Starting up the IFSC - Charles Haughey
Devaluing the Irish pound in 1993 - Bertie Ahern

Pangurban

What an avalanche of false,pietistic southern baloney. Who elected Bertie. Having long ago abandoned any pretence of principle, in favour of the Euro in the pocket, you need not start bleating now. The truth is,warts and all, Bertie served the country and contributed to its welfare, while all you plaster saints were scratching your arses wondering the next pint was coming from, that is those of you who were not planning their next trip to the second home abroad.   You are all like flys attacking an elephant, funny if it were not so sad, and futile. Pots,kettles and black are the appropiate words to describe you shower of self serving, sanctimonious hypocrites. May youre purgatory under a FG led government be long and painful, as the arses you scratch will surely be bare.

Zapatista

Quote from: Pangurban on April 05, 2008, 12:34:12 AM
What an avalanche of false,pietistic southern baloney. Who elected Bertie. Having long ago abandoned any pretence of principle, in favour of the Euro in the pocket, you need not start bleating now. The truth is,warts and all, Bertie served the country and contributed to its welfare, while all you plaster saints were scratching your arses wondering the next pint was coming from, that is those of you who were not planning their next trip to the second home abroad.   You are all like flys attacking an elephant, funny if it were not so sad, and futile. Pots,kettles and black are the appropiate words to describe you shower of self serving, sanctimonious hypocrites. May youre purgatory under a FG led government be long and painful, as the arses you scratch will surely be bare.

You should be clear as to who this is directed at Pangurban. I and many I know do not fall into this discription. Thanking you in advance, Zapatista.

stephenite

Quote from: Pangurban on April 05, 2008, 12:34:12 AM

More sanctimonious bull shite

blast05

QuoteA few obvious ones:
Founding of the IDA - Sean Lemass
Free education - Donagh O'Malley
Setting up the RTCs - Paddy Hillary
Starting up the IFSC - Charles Haughey
Devaluing the Irish pound in 1993 - Bertie Ahern

OK, i give you those. I should have been more specific. The last 11 years, Celtic Tiger time, unprecedented levels of money in the coffers - what have FF done? If you look at what has happened to some of their achievements that you list during the last 11 years:
Free education / RTC's - all fine and well if the funding at 3rd level is at the level that it should be. All our universities continue to tumble down in the world league of performance, achievements, etc. The salaries of all those employed there and in the rest of the public sector hasn't fallen behind of course though because FF and Berite in particular have always bowed to the unions with the nett effect of having an inflated, over paid public service, etc. (cliched i know but true). This trait in Bertie is always painted as the great mediator, deal broker, etc. ... bullshit, better to stay popular regardless of the implication - just look at the health service - is easier to throw money at it than have the balls to attempt to reform it  .... and our new Taoiseach has blood on his hands on that one as well.
IDA: nett loss of 20,000 jobs in the last 12 months, because Ireland has become uncompetitive, largely caused by high wage inflation in the public sector which has driven inflation. Sure, it worked well in the past, none more so than in the last 10 years - but how much of that would have happened without the low corporation tax  .... and FF have always tried to confuse that issue by taking credit for it.

Anyway, how bad, a score each way on King Johns Castle at 20-1    :D ;D 8) :)

belleaqua

Red C/SBP Poll carried out thursday:

Fianna Fail  40   +5
Fine Gael   28   -2
Labour      11   No change
Green        9    + 1
Sinn Fein    6    - 3
PD             1   No change

Interesting times....when will Fine Gael dispose of Enda....

Farrandeelin

QuoteInteresting times....when will Fine Gael dispose of Enda....

Just what I was thinking myself.
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Pangurban

From the content of your previous posts, i would not include you in my critizism Zapatista, or anyone like you. i am sure ,like myself, you can identify many in society, i fear a majority, whom my description fits to a tee

blast05

Quotefalse,pietistic southern baloney

False baloney being .....
As for "southern"    ::)

QuoteWho elected Bertie
The people of his constituency

QuoteHaving long ago abandoned any pretence of principle, in favour of the Euro in the pocket, you need not start bleating now
Just cos the usual headline in the Star newspaper on the day of any budgest during the boom years was something along the lines of "Biffo, give us our money" or whatever, doesn't mean everyone agreed with the principle. I would be pretty sure that the vast majority of people in this country would, if they sat down and thought about it at the time rather than thinking about the bottom line straight away, willingly have sacrificed one or 2 of the tax cuts if not more if we could have been guaranteed a world class health system or a world class education system .... but the reality is that under FF and Bertie that was never going to be possible

QuoteThe truth is,warts and all, Bertie served the country and contributed to its welfare
I think you'll find from the Mahon tribunal he didn't really contribute as much welfare as he should have. Regarding what you actually mean, the reality is we have pretty much all contributed to the country and its welfare - we worked hard and paid our taxes

Quotewhile all you plaster saints were scratching your arses wondering the next pint was coming from
If i actually understood what you mean't there i'd comment. It suggests we are lazy and focused on the good times. I know however that in the company i work for, our productivity is higher than in any other sister plant in Europe.

Quotethat is those of you who were not planning their next trip to the second home abroad
So nobody is allowed have holiday homes in your utopian world i take it ???? And at a guess, i'd say there are less people with holiday homes abroad than there are PD voters

QuoteYou are all like flys attacking an elephant, funny if it were not so sad, and futile.
So Bertie is an elephant ?? Well maybe not, but one of his main legacies are - the white elephant that is the public sector

QuotePots,kettles and black are the appropiate words to describe you shower of self serving, sanctimonious hypocrites
You might try to clarify how we are hypocrites. Personally, two years ago i liked Bertie Ahern. Now, the mere site of him gives me a sick feeling in my stomach

QuoteMay youre purgatory under a FG led government be long and painful,
I don't recall anyone making this a FF versus FG debate  .... and do you know something the rest of us don't in that FG will be in power sometime soon or something ?

Quoteas the arses you scratch will surely be bare.
Personally, i more often than not have a pair of trowsers on when i scratch my arse

ziggysego

Jesus Blast. Don't ask me what, but something about you reminds me of SammyG. ;)
Testing Accessibility

Boynegael

On a ligther note,

What do Jack Lynch, Charlie Haughey and Bertie Ahern have in common

Jack sang the banks
Charlie robbed the banks
And Bertie didn't use the banks   :-)
Use your head...your feet are for dancing.