Bertie to Resign

Started by Barney, April 02, 2008, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

johnpower

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 02, 2008, 12:05:46 PM
Ah come off it. Do you seriously think that Bertie just decided on his own to go? Very little happens at top level in Fianna Fáil now that Cowen is not involved somewhere. Cowen, and others,  has managed to get Bertie to resign, without alienating some members by being seen to launder dirty washing in public, or stabbing his leader in the back.

Park your dislike of Fianna Fáil for the moment, and look at the strategies at play here, there is no way that Bertie would have left on his own accord. I'd say the break featured some very interesting meetings and phonecalls. Lenihan would be my bet to be the next leader after Cowen, because I think he will back Cowen.

I agree with you AZ .One thing that has always puzzled me is who was behind the leaks from the Tribunal ? I am sure your neighbour Mr C has no such bizarre Banking practices ?.

Zapatista

With Bertie last go at leaders questions the time was spent 'blowing' him. With our Health Service in crisis and the slowing economy our great politicans waste leaders questions with bullshit once again. All the compliants about the tribunal diverting from real politics is bull with them squandering more time on this crap. Shame on you. Your job is to get shit sorted and not pander to a media for androids.

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zapatista on April 23, 2008, 01:55:42 PM
With Bertie last go at leaders questions the time was spent 'blowing' him. With our Health Service in crisis and the slowing economy our great politicans waste leaders questions with bullshit once again. All the compliants about the tribunal diverting from real politics is bull with them squandering more time on this crap. Shame on you. Your job is to get shit sorted and not pander to a media for androids.

Will you shut up Enda.
We know its you, you still wont be voted in  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

Zapatista

ziggysego

I've joined the Facebook group

"Bertie, Take Enda With You"
Testing Accessibility