Bertie to Resign

Started by Barney, April 02, 2008, 10:31:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barney

screenexile

Yeah I think he's announcing the date he intends to step down which should probably be sooner rather than later.

Personally I think it's a shame I thought he did a good job as Taoiseach but it seems that to be a good leader you also have to have your flaws as well a lá Haughey and Clinton.

The Grainne Carruth incident was the straw that broke the camel's back and his credibility was shot after that and when that goes you cannot lead a Country anymore!

Donagh

Breaking news on radio six counties. Interrupted normal programming to bring the Bertsters resignation speech.  :o

Shamrock Shore

Declan

Knew he wouldn't go before the gig in the States!! And he has no ego ;)

AZOffaly

I always said it would be after he addressed congress. When is that? (I hope I have a post here where I said it :D)

Zapatista

You do the crime you do the time. So long Bertie you won't be missed.

AZOffaly

Will this stop the mis-spelled thread continuing too? That'll be good :D

Shamrock Shore

I would like to welcome the return of a rural Taoiseach.

Step forward Biffo - your time has come.

Gnevin

What odds would it get on Bertie to chair the Dublin County Board?
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

AZOffaly

Step 1 of the Biffo bid for global domination has commenced. Now if we get aul' Barack O'Bama into the Teach Bán we'll be sorted.

stephenite

I'm not convinced the Cowen will be automatically elected by the parliamentary party

Dinny Breen

Noooo!!!!! Not a Biffooooooooo!!!!!!
#newbridgeornowhere

stephenite

Can't believe that he's going so soon - expected to him go maybe in 12 months, not next month!! Must be something big coming in the tribunal

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Saying that Cowen, Hafferan and M. Martin are all in with a shout.

I'll miss the red nosed one, even if none of the rest of you will.
Bye bye Bertie, have a pint of plain on me.
Tbc....