AFL 2008

Started by zoyler, March 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

corn02

TBT can you pm them sites aswell?

hitzelsperger

yeah jinxy setanta was doing well at full back an it strange why they moved him about so much..i honestly cant see them getting offered another contract because their not good enough...any word of how murphy is going at swans...watched tg4 last night and have to say the hawks looking good...my eagles are poor, losing judd and cousins has fcuked them up bigtime and kerr has to do it all himself

stephenite

I thought the Eagles would struggle without the 2 lads, but I didn't think they'd be this bad. They always get themselves up for Sydney so tomorrow nights clash at homebush should be a good one

Jinxy

Murphy is supposed to be doing very well at the Swans. Playing for the reserves at the mo. Great athlete. The aussies always seemed to be impressed by agile big guys with a bit of pace about them, and by all accounts Murphy is pretty fast. I'd say he'll do well, and may be groomed as a CHF. Big difference taking a lad who's 6'5" from a footballing background and taking a hurler the same size. I'll be disappointed for the 2 Cork lads if they end up coming home but they'll be welcomed back with open arms.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

dodo

Quote from: Jinxy on April 11, 2008, 01:09:21 AM
Murphy is supposed to be doing very well at the Swans. Playing for the reserves at the mo. Great athlete. The aussies always seemed to be impressed by agile big guys with a bit of pace about them, and by all accounts Murphy is pretty fast. I'd say he'll do well, and may be groomed as a CHF. Big difference taking a lad who's 6'5" from a footballing background and taking a hurler the same size. I'll be disappointed for the 2 Cork lads if they end up coming home but they'll be welcomed back with open arms.

If the Ó hAilpíns don't make it in Oz I assume it would be the football they will be playing in Cork as they would be so long away from the hurling. Remember in the programme Tall Dark and Ó hAilpín Aisake and Setanta on about not having even a puc about in a few years since heading to Aussie Rules.

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: TBT on April 10, 2008, 12:50:48 PM
Quote from: Tadhg_Kennelly on April 10, 2008, 11:13:47 AM
Quote from: mhacadoir on April 10, 2008, 10:45:49 AM

Bigfooty is an overrated website. Too many trolls there, and there are better Aussie Rules forums.

Hiya tadhg Kennely,
could you suggest some good forum and websites? i am looking at afl.com.au, realfooty.com, the roar and aflfootyblog, any more good ones?

I've sent you a private message mate with a couple of good Aussie Rules websites involving Forums, news and statistics.
whats the story with the O hALPIN brothers? Are they likely to make the cut?
[/quote]

I think Setanta will be a good player, he's back in the team to play Collingwood on Sunday.

I'm not sure about Aisake though, I haven't seen enough of him, to make a comment.

If Carlton continue to struggle this year, which is likely, Aisake might get a game later on in the year.

Someone mentioned Brendan Murphy. I can't wait to see this bloke play.

I am betting that he is going to take over from Barry Hall at Centre Half-Forward down the track.

I hope he makes the grade. He'll struggle to play a game this year, but 2009, could see him debut.

Tadhg_Kennelly

The Western Bulldogs defeated Essendon last night by 30 points.
They had to come from behind at 3 quarter time to win, which
was the first time they had done that since Round 21, 2000.

Essendon    1.2    7.7    14.12    14.14  (98)
Western Bulldogs    4.3    10.6    13.8    19.14  (128)

GOALS
Essendon: Stanton 3, McVeigh 2, Hille 2, Davey 2, Winderlich, Lovett, Lovett-Murray, Reimers, Laycock
Western Bulldogs: Welsh 3, Akermanis 2, Minson 2, Griffen 2, Harbrow 2, Giansiracusa 2, Cooney, Johnson, Hahn, Eagleton, Lake, Murphy

BEST
Essendon:  McVeigh, Fletcher, Stanton, Davey, Hille
Western Bulldogs: Akermanis, Griffen, Cross, Minson, Lake, Cooney

INJURIES
Essendon: Lonergan (hamstring), McVeigh (hamstring)
Western Bulldogs: Nil

Reports: Nil

Umpires: Stevic, Head, McLaren
Official crowd: 47,641 at Telstra Dome
Source: AAP

http://www.afl.com.au/tabid/208/Default.aspx?newsid=57686

Aerlik

I thoroughly enjoyed that game last night.  I'm glad the Dogs won but will take my hat off to the Bombers for the performance in the third and fourth quarters.  Had they not lost McVey they might have sneaked it.  Having said that it is great to see men like Murphy, Johnson and Scott West getting a bit of time in the sun.  And what can you say about Aker?  The man is some operator.  I am equally impressed by young Perth boy Paddy Ryder for the Bombers.  That mark in the the fourth quarter was pretty neat and Alwyn Davey (brother of Melbourne rocket, Aaron-Tiwi Island boys I think) and Lovett and Lovett-Murray will put the fear of God up the Irish if/when the international rules series starts again. 

Why was Matt Lloyd not playing? 
A mate is in Melbourne and will be at the Pies-Blues game today.  He's a die-hard Eagles fan but, like the rest of the country, will be roaring for the Blues today.  It'll be interesting to see how Marty Clarke performs.  I have a feeling he was brought in as this is seen as an easy game for the Pies and they will want to give him more time exposure on the paddock.

Freo and the Tigers will be an awkward one I feel although a few of the big men have been brought back in by Freo.  Tarrant, Solomon and McPharlin will make a huge difference physically, I just hope Tarrant finds his kicking feet.  We've been waiting a year.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: Aerlik on April 12, 2008, 04:19:37 AM
I thoroughly enjoyed that game last night.  I'm glad the Dogs won but will take my hat off to the Bombers for the performance in the third and fourth quarters.  Had they not lost McVey they might have sneaked it.  Having said that it is great to see men like Murphy, Johnson and Scott West getting a bit of time in the sun.  And what can you say about Aker?  The man is some operator.  I am equally impressed by young Perth boy Paddy Ryder for the Bombers.  That mark in the the fourth quarter was pretty neat and Alwyn Davey (brother of Melbourne rocket, Aaron-Tiwi Island boys I think) and Lovett and Lovett-Murray will put the fear of God up the Irish if/when the international rules series starts again. 

Why was Matt Lloyd not playing? 
A mate is in Melbourne and will be at the Pies-Blues game today.  He's a die-hard Eagles fan but, like the rest of the country, will be roaring for the Blues today.  It'll be interesting to see how Marty Clarke performs.  I have a feeling he was brought in as this is seen as an easy game for the Pies and they will want to give him more time exposure on the paddock.

Freo and the Tigers will be an awkward one I feel although a few of the big men have been brought back in by Freo.  Tarrant, Solomon and McPharlin will make a huge difference physically, I just hope Tarrant finds his kicking feet.  We've been waiting a year.

You must mean Scott Welsh, Scott West didn't play mate. lol

Matthew Lloyd, I think suffered a hamstring injury during the week mate apparently.

bridgegael

looks like barry hall is in a llot of trouble, caught his west coast eagles marker with a left hook and knocked him clean out!  a moment of madness from the big fella!!
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

JimStynes

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzN4Ly_yd9w

Total dickhead. Sydney getting a bit of momentum going and Big Bad Barry goes and does this.

bridgegael

he'll get a hefty suspension out of that, thats the boxing coming out in him.
"2009 Gaaboard Cheltenham fantasy league winner"

the Deel Rover

Quote from: bridgegael on April 12, 2008, 11:34:45 AM
he'll get a hefty suspension out of that, thats the boxing coming out in him.

Jesus ye that was a fair left hook  :o he took care of the second fella fairly easily with a strong arm wouldn't like to mess with big barry what height is he?
Crossmolina Deel Rovers
All Ireland Club Champions 2001

Aerlik

Actually TK, I DID INDEED mean Scott West, he of over 320 AFL appearances and still going strong.  He may not have played last night but is still a key component of the dogs' squad.  I think he has only played a handful of 'finals' games in his whole career.

Hall to get at least 5 weeks for that strike.  Staker is a huge man having seen him out in Perth so to deck him like he did gives you some idea of the force of the blow.  The eyes weren't too healthy after it on the sideline either. 
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

hitzelsperger

big bazza can swing with the best of them...they still not trying to get him to fight rugby league hard man wille mason in the ring. would be some fight.

my Eagles getting dusted again, gona be a long year for the boys.

Aerlik agree that the young boy Ryder looks the business and Davey is a gun!