AFL 2008

Started by zoyler, March 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: corn02 on April 13, 2008, 01:05:45 AM
Tadgh, you need to relax man, Jinxy is only on the wind-up. Alot of that on this site, but it mostly in good nature.

You must admit though, it was a bit thuggish.

Contemplating getting  up in a few hours to watch the Collingwood game.

Dyas got his first goal today in the reserves, meat to be a goodie too.

No doubt it was a bit thuggish! I did call it stupid, if anybody cared to read what I said!

And I do not like anybody from Bigfooty!

Aerlik

Stay in bed! :-\

Lads, Hall's punch was out of order and there is not a single TV personality suggesting otherwise.  Let's leave it at that.  I remember playing hurling against Belfast teams and when the ruckus broke out, we were attacked with the hurls.

Port Adelaide are still winless for the season.  However that should change in the next few weeks as they play the Eagles.  The loss last night was bad, very bad.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: hardstation on April 13, 2008, 03:00:17 AM
Quote from: Aerlik on April 13, 2008, 02:53:30 AM

Stay in bed! :-\

Lads, Hall's punch was out of order and there is not a single TV personality suggesting otherwise.  Let's leave it at that.  I remember playing hurling against Belfast teams and when the ruckus broke out, we were attacked with the hurls.

Port Adelaide are still winless for the season.  However that should change in the next few weeks as they play the Eagles.  The loss last night was bad, very bad.

What the fcuk has that got to do with anything?

People like you, like to brand Australians as thugs, so he's making a point, that your game isn't clean either.  :o

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: hardstation on April 13, 2008, 03:08:30 AM
I have never branded any Australian as a thug.
Anyway, my mate once got his hand sliced with a razor blade as he ordered a drink at a bar.

NO, you might not have, so I take that back, but others did, which is why I am pissed off mate!

Do you call someone like Cathy Freeman a thug? I know, she's in a different sport, but she's far from a thug!

Brett Kirk who plays for the Sydney Swans, is a champion player, and is far from a thug.

Do you get my drift mate?

I'm 100% sure, that Hall will apologise, and will be feeling quite low about himself and what he did!

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: hardstation on April 13, 2008, 03:11:16 AM
A bee stung me on the arm when I was in France.

Huh?  ???

Niall Quinn

20 million Chinese died in World War II.
Back to the howling old owl in the woods, hunting the horny back toad

youbetterbelieveit

Just watching the Carlton v Collingwood game, Carlton looking good for their first victory this season. Its in the final quarter and hopefully they can hold their nerve. Both o'hAilpin and Clarke are playing. 

Aerlik

Hardstation, my point is that there are thugs in every game.  Not only does it happen in the AFL but in the secondary and junior leagues in this country.  I know as I live here.  Likewise, we in the GAA have mass brawls with thuggery.  I am not defending Hall as I've seen him at his finest, but I was sickened by that punch.  Why? Two reasons, uncalled for, and my 6 y.o. plays Aussie Rules and like any child of that age picks up on these things and I don't want him thinking it's good.

Re. the hurls, YES it did happen when I was hurling for Lavey v. Gort na Mona at Cargin in the Antrim Minor Hurling League in 1985.  They swung hurls at our lads' heads.  And the same happened v. St.Mary's CBS in a Colleges game.  We'll leave it at that.

Great win for Setanta and Carlton today.  Pleased with the result.  Dockers down by three goals at the end of the 1st quarter.  Groan. 

Jinxy

Quote from: youbetterbelieveit on April 13, 2008, 07:16:25 AM
Just watching the Carlton v Collingwood game, Carlton looking good for their first victory this season. Its in the final quarter and hopefully they can hold their nerve. Both o'hAilpin and Clarke are playing. 

Badly.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Jinxy

Quote from: Tadhg_Kennelly on April 13, 2008, 01:14:50 AM
Tadgh, you need to relax man, Jinxy is only on the wind-up. Alot of that on this site, but it mostly in good nature.

You must admit though, it was a bit thuggish.

Dyas got his first goal today in the reserves, meat to be a goodie too.

No doubt it was a bit thuggish! I did call it stupid, if anybody cared to read what I said!

And I do not like anybody from Bigfooty!

Just as a matter of interest, are you male or female?

zoyler

Don';t agree they played badly - it took Clarke a while to get going but he was much better by the end and got a cracking goal from over 50 meters - two steps and BANG.  Setanta also made a good contribution with one goal and put himself about well.

Jinxy

Whatever about Clarke I suggest you have a look at some of the Carlton forums to see what they thought of Setanta. The words "had a shocker" crop up more than once.

western exile

Setanta only kicked the ball 6 times, and conceded 3 free kicks against him. Very poor performance.

Clarke had a reasonably good game for the losing team.

Aerlik

Freo got thumped by Richmond.  One of the worst TV performances I have seen by them in years.  Comparable to the very forgettable years of 2001 and 2002.  Thank God I didn't pay to see that shite.  A few of the big names will have to take a long hard look at their games.  Pure shite.  And to make matters worse, Adelaide next week away and Geelong the week after.  Ah well, I'm still going to the game to see a good team play.  Jimmy Bartell, what a player.  Deserved Brownlow medalist.

stephenite

Good win for Carlton - couldn't believer the stupidity of Barry Hall, no need for it and with Geelong up next week he'll be missed. He's getting surgery on the wrist today so will be out for 6-8 weeks apparently regardless of whatever ban the authourities hand down. Good win for Carlton also