AFL 2008

Started by zoyler, March 22, 2008, 02:01:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jinxy

Quote from: Aerlik on April 12, 2008, 12:06:13 PM
Actually TK, I DID INDEED mean Scott West, he of over 320 AFL appearances and still going strong.  He may not have played last night but is still a key component of the dogs' squad.  I think he has only played a handful of 'finals' games in his whole career.

Hall to get at least 5 weeks for that strike.  Staker is a huge man having seen him out in Perth so to deck him like he did gives you some idea of the force of the blow.  The eyes weren't too healthy after it on the sideline either. 

It helps when the fella you punch is not looking at you. It was a seriously cheap shot and the fact that Hall was swinging around added to the force of the blow.
If you were any use you'd be playing.

Aerlik

Lads, hats off to Colm Begley and the Brisbane Lions.  Getting pasted at halftime by Port Adelaide, they have swung around and bloody well won.  Amazing comeback.  I was watching the Super 14 game too, but bugga that, the AFL is much better.  Except if you're a Melbourne or Port Adelaide fan. ;D
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

dodo

That guy Hunter coming in to sort Hall out after his big KO, falling on his arse and toddling away is hilarious.  :D

Uladh

I'll freely admit i'm not a fan of aussie rules, but that is the action of a complete sc**bag. the guy wasn't even looking and the previous jostling was minimal.

Not sure how having criminal assault on the field of play helps the attraction of any sport

Tadhg_Kennelly

I'm pissed off that he did it.
As a Sydney Swans supporter, I ask why?

He didn't really had to do it, when we were playing so well!

We play the top team next week against Geelong, and it may
very well hurt us.

4 weeks mininum, and on top of that, he has a broken wrist. :O

But, we have some younger guys like, Heath Grundy and the
experience of Nick Davis, to come back into the side.

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: Uladh on April 12, 2008, 02:36:22 PM

I'll freely admit i'm not a fan of aussie rules, but that is the action of a complete sc**bag. the guy wasn't even looking and the previous jostling was minimal.

Not sure how having criminal assault on the field of play helps the attraction of any sport

He's far from a sc**bag mate, and lay off the criminal assault charge too!

It was a stupid thing to do, and it will cost him.

Uladh

Anyone who does that to an unsuspecting victim at any time, sport or not, is a sc**bag in my book. plain and simply.

If you do that on the street in any civilised country in the world you will get jail. It's assault, GBH, whatever you want to call it.

orangeman

Quote from: Tadhg_Kennelly on April 12, 2008, 02:45:16 PM

[Edited by Mod3] it was criminal and in professional sport the action of a thug ! As for you simply saying it will cost him a suspension shows how lightly you take this behaviour and how beating up the Irish was nothing only a bit of fun !

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: orangeman on April 12, 2008, 03:08:52 PM

[Edited by Mod3]it was criminal and in professional sport the action of a thug ! As for you simply saying it will cost him a suspension shows how lightly you take this behaviour and how beating up the Irish was nothing only a bit of fun !

[Edited by Mod3]. I class that a racist remark.

Jinxy

Don't be such a drongo!

BallyhaiseMan

Typical Aussie mentality - it was criminal and in professional sport the action of a thug ! As for you simply saying it will cost him a suspension shows how lightly you take this behaviour and how beating up the Irish was nothing only a bit of fun !

OM would disagree,we see incidents like that at every level of Football in our country,Would you agree that the goings on in the Laois under 21 football championship and the incidents of Joe Canning being assaulted with Portumna a year or two ago are typical of the Irish sporting mentality????
In contact games like GAA and Aussie Rules,there will always be that thuggish mentality there,Its not right just to label all Aussies the same just because a few of their IR team acted like scumbags and the actions of Barry Hall etc.

TKennelly
Belated welcome to the board,im a big fan of aussie rules, really gotten into it in the last year or two.

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: BallyhaiseMan on April 12, 2008, 08:42:28 PM

Typical Aussie mentality - it was criminal and in professional sport the action of a thug ! As for you simply saying it will cost him a suspension shows how lightly you take this behaviour and how beating up the Irish was nothing only a bit of fun !

OM would disagree,we see incidents like that at every level of Football in our country,Would you agree that the goings on in the Laois under 21 football championship and the incidents of Joe Canning being assaulted with Portumna a year or two ago are typical of the Irish sporting mentality????
In contact games like GAA and Aussie Rules,there will always be that thuggish mentality there,Its not right just to label all Aussies the same just because a few of their IR team acted like scumbags and the actions of Barry Hall etc.

TKennelly
Belated welcome to the board,im a big fan of aussie rules, really gotten into it in the last year or two.

Thanks mate for the welcome. I agree with what you said, why brandish a whole country because of a minority? It's stupid!

And Jinxy, I know you from bigfooty (I think)
[Edited by Mod3]

Jinxy

Typical Australian. No sense of humour.

Tadhg_Kennelly

Quote from: Jinxy on April 13, 2008, 01:00:52 AM
Typical Australian. No sense of humour.

Whatever..... ::)

corn02

Tadgh, you need to relax man, Jinxy is only on the wind-up. Alot of that on this site, but it mostly in good nature.

You must admit though, it was a bit thuggish.

Contemplating getting  up in a few hours to watch the Collingwood game.

Dyas got his first goal today in the reserves, meat to be a goodie too.