Maggie Thatcher

Started by give her dixie, March 08, 2008, 09:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

stew

Quote from: Tony hawks on March 09, 2008, 08:09:08 PM
Quote from: stew on March 09, 2008, 12:21:14 AM
Quote from: Aerlik on March 09, 2008, 12:06:07 AM
There are acts of war and there are acts of terrorism (and let's face it that auld hoor was very quick to use the latter description on Irish people) but her authorisation of the sinking of the Belgrano and the subsequent loss of over 200 Argentinian lives is murder plain and simple. >:(

How she saw fit to back Pinochet is beyond my understanding.  She was the Leader of British State-sponsored terrorism wherever in the world it dragged it's blood-soaked mitts.  I for one am holding off on the party but the momentum is building.  And to make it worse the feckin Aussies are singing her praises.   FFS, cut the apron strings.

She was the Leader of British State-sponsored terrorism wherever in the world it dragged it's blood-soaked mitts, I will give you that, but are you delighted at the thought she might croak it or do you feel that is a step too far?

To me the biggest insult we could give her is to ignore her.

I look at her 15-16 years in office nmore from the impact she had on the north, the hunger strikers situation i blame her on and that was unforgivable in itself, but she did make some very interesting comments on us as a race and she had no time at all for the irish.

I am not one for dancing on anyones grave, we are all dead long enough but I put the bitch that is thatcher in the same class as paisley, and that is an arrogant, ignorant bufoon that destroyed the fabric of the society wherin they lived.
First and foremost if argentina hadnt invaded the falkland islans the Belgrano wounldnt have been sunk,in war you play by the big boys rule.

As for your other comments havnt laughed as much since Sf signed upto a Stormont assembly under british rule.

;)

The war is over hawks, SF are now a bona fide political entity who hold real sway in the norths political arena, in order to bring their aim of a united Ireland into being they decided to attack the brits from a political perspective, they seem to be doing a good job with that  so far, wouldnt you say????

Yep, your posts above really tells me you cracked up laughing alrite.  :-\
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Rossfan

No fan of the cow but was she not the first Brit PM to stand up to the Unionists ??
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on March 09, 2008, 08:53:59 PM
No fan of the cow but was she not the first Brit PM to stand up to the Unionists ??

Not hardly, some of them barely took them under their notice. They did feel that she sold them out which was nice. ;D

Tony hawks

Quote from: stew on March 09, 2008, 08:29:09 PM
There are acts of war and there are acts of terrorism (and let's face it that auld hoor was very quick to use the latter description on Irish people) but her authorisation of the sinking of the Belgrano and the subsequent loss of over 200 Argentinian lives is murder plain and simple. >:(

How she saw fit to back Pinochet is beyond my understanding.  She was the Leader of British State-sponsored terrorism wherever in the world it dragged it's blood-soaked mitts.  I for one am holding off on the party but the momentum is building.  And to make it worse the feckin Aussies are singing her praises.   FFS, cut the apron strings.

She was the Leader of British State-sponsored terrorism wherever in the world it dragged it's blood-soaked mitts, I will give you that, but are you delighted at the thought she might croak it or do you feel that is a step too far?

I look at her 15-16 years in office nmore from the impact she had on the north, the hunger strikers situation i blame her on and that was unforgivable in itself, but she did make some very interesting comments on us as a race and she had no time at all for the irish.

I am not one for dancing on anyones grave, we are all dead long enough but I put the bitch that is thatcher in the same class as paisley, and that is an arrogant, ignorant bufoon that destroyed the fabric of the society wherin they lived.
First and foremost if argentina hadnt invaded the falkland islans the Belgrano wounldnt have been sunk,in war you play by the big boys rule.

As for your other comments havnt laughed as much since Sf signed upto a Stormont assembly under british rule.

;)

The war is over hawks, SF are now a bona fide political entity who hold real sway in the norths political arena, in order to bring their aim of a united Ireland into being they decided to attack the brits from a political perspective, they seem to be doing a good job with that  so far, wouldnt you say????

So Sf are now a bona fide political party what were they previously? Im sure The leadership of Sf would be interested in that analysis.
As for attacking the brits politically,by signing upto Stormont which administers BRITISH rule is hardly going to end partition.
Added to sf dismal showing in the last irish election which should have suited them.
No partition is hear to stay for some time you can dress it up any way you like that is a reality.

his holiness nb

Tony whats SF's peformance in the general election got to do with partition?

Surely you arent suggesting anyone who didnt vote Sinn Fein is approving of partition?

That would be stupid, then again your comments on the Belgrano say it all about you.
Remind me again where the Falklands are?  ::)
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

As for Maggie, I wouldnt wish death on anyone. But I wont shed a tear thats for sure.

Cast iron murderous bitch.
Ask me holy bollix

rrhf

There can be little doubt that history will not judge Thatcher kindly, lets put it like this  if  she had ruled in Iraq, bush would have her killed. 

stew

Quote from: rrhf on March 10, 2008, 01:48:26 PM
There can be little doubt that history will not judge Thatcher kindly, lets put it like this  if  she had ruled in Iraq, bush would have her killed. 

Nah, when his back was turned and he was walking away from the fight she would have killed him! Cowardly bitch that she is.

magickingdom

Quote from: Tony hawks on March 09, 2008, 11:23:54 PM

;)

So Sf are now a bona fide political party what were they previously? Im sure The leadership of Sf would be interested in that analysis.
As for attacking the brits politically,by signing upto Stormont which administers BRITISH rule is hardly going to end partition.
Added to sf dismal showing in the last irish election which should have suited them.
No partition is hear to stay for some time you can dress it up any way you like that is a reality.

thats pathetic tony, what ever happened to never, its now down to some time. they dint make unionists like they used to thats for sure and i wont even start on the drooling fool thats about to depart :D

magickingdom

Quote from: nifan on March 09, 2008, 05:49:27 PM
Not a fan of maggie at all but I find looking forward to having a framed copy of a paper announcing someones death rather strange.

Come to think of it having a framed paper of her resignation is wierd enough - but at least her resignation made a difference in world politics, her death will have no impact so the baying for blood here is crass in my opinion.

thats all well and good nifan but i wonder how old were you when she ruled? i remember it well and she was one heartless bitch that divided britian down the middle with her policies (in ireland she fucked both sides, hunger strike for nationalists and then signed the anglo irish agreement which drove unionists nuts) the miners strike probably the most famous. bar iraq tony blair more than made up for the bitch..

Main Street

Why would Unionists have any gripe against Thatcher? I thought she was a strong ally of the Union.
Were Unionists angry/betrayed/ridden rock solid about the (strange) concept of consent entering the legal language around the status of the Union in 1985?

Zapatista

Thatcher could live forever for all that I care. Once someone is out of Political office they are no longer targets for hate. There are too many evil Bastards still in office for us to worry about those who where in office. Thatcher replaced by Major replaced by Blair. They are all war mongers but they are all gone (Blair might be back to lead Europe to a war though) it's only a matter of time until Brown or Cameron join the list. Lets worry about these before we worry about hasbeens. Ye take one out they will only be replaced by another.

Tony hawks

Quote from: magickingdom on March 10, 2008, 06:44:12 PM
Quote from: Tony hawks on March 09, 2008, 11:23:54 PM

;)

thats pathetic tony, what ever happened to never, its now down to some time. they dint make unionists like they used to thats for sure and i wont even start on the drooling fool thats about to depart :D
Its not pathetic there is a very real possibility that in the future a majority of the people of Northern would want a united ireland and if that happened as a democrat i would respect that.
As for M thatcher i have a real admiration for her only once in a generation does a leader come who changes the political landscape;

1 Enforced Nationalisation of companies is no longer a welcome option Northern Rock being an example of this,the dithering of Gordon Brown proves this.

2 Cant win elections by saying that you will increase tax to provide better services.Labour in 1992 learnt this very hard lesson.

3 Rebuilt British foreign policy which had retreate year in and out since the suez debacle.

4 Gave people the opportunity to buy thier council homes at a decent price.

Encouraged an Enterprise culture.

As for Northern Ireland she did make mistakes incidents happened which brought no credit to none.However to suggest she had blood on her hands is very facile and for claiming she ignorantly took on the unions no hers was the democratically elected govt and the unions were trying to challenge that fact

his holiness nb

Quote from: Tony hawks on March 11, 2008, 07:46:22 AM
3 Rebuilt British foreign policy which had retreate year in and out since the suez debacle.

Hilarious, fair play Tony.

I was getting annoyed but can see know it was a very clever joke.

Bravo.
Ask me holy bollix