Maggie Thatcher

Started by give her dixie, March 08, 2008, 09:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

give her dixie

It has surprised me that there hasn't been a thread started on "Thatcher In Hospital"?
Maybe we are too worried about Patrick Swayze?
Anyway, the old bat has since returned home, and we will have to hold out on the street party for another while...........
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

gerry

It's good news and bad news about Maggie Thatcher...

The good news is that Maggie is coming out of hospital.

The bad news is that she's not in a box
God bless the hills of Dooish, be they heather-clad or lea,

Minder

hopefully the oul **** will be featuring in the "death notice " thread shortly
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

stew

Quote from: Minder on March 08, 2008, 10:53:50 PM
hopefully the oul **** will be featuring in the "death notice " thread shortly

I despised Thatcher as much as the next man, she was a horror show for us in the north and she is a bigotted hateful bastard, that said the above is a touch too much for me.

I wont shed any tears for Thatcher but I wont delight in her death either, i simply wont care nor take it under my notice. i consider her one of the most corrupt, hateful scumbags ever to draw breath but I stop short at wishing her dead, I believe she will pay for her indescretions.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

Aerlik

There are acts of war and there are acts of terrorism (and let's face it that auld hoor was very quick to use the latter description on Irish people) but her authorisation of the sinking of the Belgrano and the subsequent loss of over 200 Argentinian lives is murder plain and simple. >:(

How she saw fit to back Pinochet is beyond my understanding.  She was the Leader of British State-sponsored terrorism wherever in the world it dragged it's blood-soaked mitts.  I for one am holding off on the party but the momentum is building.  And to make it worse the feckin Aussies are singing her praises.   FFS, cut the apron strings.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

stew

Quote from: Aerlik on March 09, 2008, 12:06:07 AM
There are acts of war and there are acts of terrorism (and let's face it that auld hoor was very quick to use the latter description on Irish people) but her authorisation of the sinking of the Belgrano and the subsequent loss of over 200 Argentinian lives is murder plain and simple. >:(

How she saw fit to back Pinochet is beyond my understanding.  She was the Leader of British State-sponsored terrorism wherever in the world it dragged it's blood-soaked mitts.  I for one am holding off on the party but the momentum is building.  And to make it worse the feckin Aussies are singing her praises.   FFS, cut the apron strings.

She was the Leader of British State-sponsored terrorism wherever in the world it dragged it's blood-soaked mitts, I will give you that, but are you delighted at the thought she might croak it or do you feel that is a step too far?

To me the biggest insult we could give her is to ignore her.

I look at her 15-16 years in office nmore from the impact she had on the north, the hunger strikers situation i blame her on and that was unforgivable in itself, but she did make some very interesting comments on us as a race and she had no time at all for the irish.

I am not one for dancing on anyones grave, we are all dead long enough but I put the bitch that is thatcher in the same class as paisley, and that is an arrogant, ignorant bufoon that destroyed the fabric of the society wherin they lived.

Fear ón Srath Bán

Bad news that that fascist xenophobic, Gaelicphobe of an individual can spend another day on this earth.
Carlsberg don't do Gombeenocracies, but by jaysus if they did...

Rav67

Enjoyed her getting taken down a peg over the Belgrano by that woman on tv, complaining that "only in Britain" would anyone quesion their leader or something to that effect.  Just found it on youtube here actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWOy23MLY1I

stew

Quote from: Rav67 on March 09, 2008, 02:02:34 AM

Enjoyed her getting taken down a peg over the Belgrano by that woman on tv, complaining that "only in Britain" would anyone quesion their leader or something to that effect.  Just found it on youtube here actually.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rWOy23MLY1I

She was made out to be a liar by a common housewife, the aul bitch actually hid behind the 'our boys on ships'  and stated that the facts would bear her version of events out 30 years hence.

The problem with that is that I will not believe a single word of what is written, I have no trust in the brits at all to tell the truth on anything, in fact I would go so far as to say they are incapable of telling the truth.

Thatchers greed is her legacy, the hunger strikers are her legacy, the Argentinian massacre is her legacy and her lies , downright lies and hateful nature is her legacy. May God curse her.

magickingdom

so many people would be so better off in so many different ways if she was never born.. shes one of the few people on this planet i can say i hate.

SammyG

I have a framed copy of the London Evening Standard with the Thatcher Resigns front page and I look forward to having a matching one with Thatcher Dead on it.

nifan

Not a fan of maggie at all but I find looking forward to having a framed copy of a paper announcing someones death rather strange.

Come to think of it having a framed paper of her resignation is wierd enough - but at least her resignation made a difference in world politics, her death will have no impact so the baying for blood here is crass in my opinion.

stew

Quote from: SammyG on March 09, 2008, 05:26:24 PM
I have a framed copy of the London Evening Standard with the Thatcher Resigns front page and I look forward to having a matching one with Thatcher Dead on it.

That is beyond bizarre Sammy. Why in the hell would anyone want a framed copy of the Evening Standard with the headline Thatchers dead on it?

The really scary part is, you have one already with her resignation on it and you are awaiting her death to comlete the set. Curiouser and couriouser.

Tony hawks

Quote from: stew on March 09, 2008, 12:21:14 AM

She was the Leader of British State-sponsored terrorism wherever in the world it dragged it's blood-soaked mitts, I will give you that, but are you delighted at the thought she might croak it or do you feel that is a step too far?

To me the biggest insult we could give her is to ignore her.

I look at her 15-16 years in office nmore from the impact she had on the north, the hunger strikers situation i blame her on and that was unforgivable in itself, but she did make some very interesting comments on us as a race and she had no time at all for the irish.

I am not one for dancing on anyones grave, we are all dead long enough but I put the bitch that is thatcher in the same class as paisley, and that is an arrogant, ignorant bufoon that destroyed the fabric of the society wherin they lived.
First and foremost if argentina hadnt invaded the falkland islans the Belgrano wounldnt have been sunk,in war you play by the big boys rule.

As for your other comments havnt laughed as much since Sf signed upto a Stormont assembly under british rule.

;)

SammyG

Quote from: stew on March 09, 2008, 08:01:52 PM
Quote from: SammyG on March 09, 2008, 05:26:24 PM

That is beyond bizarre Sammy. Why in the hell would anyone want a framed copy of the Evening Standard with the headline Thatchers dead on it?

The really scary part is, you have one already with her resignation on it and you are awaiting her death to comlete the set. Curiouser and couriouser.

The first one was given to me by a bloke at work (he was a diehard Thatcherite yuppy) and I wouldn't say I was waiting for the second one (in fact I haven't even thought about the oul witch in years) but I will be glad to have it when it comes.