Maggie Thatcher

Started by give her dixie, March 08, 2008, 09:51:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: magickingdom on March 10, 2008, 06:53:34 PM
thats all well and good nifan but i wonder how old were you when she ruled?

I was born in 1979. You think if i was older during her time of power I would be involved in the bloodlust here?
I doubt it.

Feckitt

May the whores of the empire lie awake in their beds
And sweat as they count out the sins in their heads

Shane Patrick Lysaght MacGowan.  1987

Hurler on the Bitch

I want her to go screaming ..

Declan

Belgrano is enough for me - Should have been tried for war crimes.

Her legacy in the UK is an interesting one but her famous quote re everybody is an individual ala Declan Ltd definitely contributed to the breakdown in communities and the subsequent anti social problems that have mushroomed in the following years. Good issue for a thesis I'd have thought.

ardal

wasn't it  Elvis Costello who wanted to "tr**p the dirt down", when the old milk snatcher is put under the sod.

Aerlik

I was reading there today that some former British special agent (former?  once a terrorist, always a terrorist...and to prove my point...) who planned a coup d'etat in some  African country was caught this week and imprisoned in Harare and is awaiting trial.  And who was up to his murky elbows in the mire and implicated along with the captured man?  None other than Mark Thatcher, but somehow he managed to get out of it by paying someone in S.Africa shitloads.  Proabably some lameduck excuse that he got "lost" while out driving on safari and just happened to be there when things were happening.

Hmmm, coup d'etat/terrorism/bribery.  Chip of the auld block if you ask me.

Quote from: ardal on March 12, 2008, 09:47:32 AM
wasn't it  Elvis Costello who wanted to "tr**p the dirt down", when the old milk snatcher is put under the sod.

Oi, McManus...get in the queue. >:(
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Rav67

Quote from: Declan on March 12, 2008, 09:24:42 AM
Belgrano is enough for me - Should have been tried for war crimes.

Her legacy in the UK is an interesting one but her famous quote re everybody is an individual ala Declan Ltd definitely contributed to the breakdown in communities and the subsequent anti social problems that have mushroomed in the following years. Good issue for a thesis I'd have thought.

Think her quote was "there's no such thing as society, just individuals and their families" or something equally as ridiculous.