Previous topic - Next topic

Should Cork be thrown out of the NFL

Yes
No
They should play all their games away
Yes - with a points penalty

his holiness nb

Damn you to hell AZ!!  ;)

Well most people didnt predict it anyway.
Ask me holy bollix

TBT

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 21, 2008, 05:05:58 PM
TBT, are you capable of posting without insulting someone?  ::)

The GAA suggested themselves after the Meath game was postponed for a second time that if they missed another game they could be thrown out.

Whether thats in the rulebook or not, thats what was said.

Either way, even if it wasnt an option, make the point, no need to be insulting.

From your previous posts you are obviously not too bright yourself, but I didnt say anything for the sake of manners. Until now  ;)

Listen, if you can't stick it don't start it. And by the same token you are obviously an imbicile unable to comprehend basic fact.

ps read AZOFFALY'S post I first responded to. Comprehend what it says - if your able to -and stop making idiotic statements which fly in the face of fact.

his holiness nb

Jesus christ !  :o

Whether the game was "deferred" or not, the GAA said this AFTER the "deferrment" and confirmed that was one down, one more to go.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, just relaying what I heard.

I've reported the personal abuse, no need for that whatsoever.

Jaysus its like I'm under siege today   :D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

TBT

Quote from: his holiness nb on February 21, 2008, 05:16:11 PM
Jesus christ !  :o

Whether the game was "deferred" or not, the GAA said this AFTER the "deferrment" and confirmed that was one down, one more to go.

I'm not claiming to be an expert, just relaying what I heard.

I've reported the personal abuse, no need for that whatsoever.

Jaysus its like I'm under siege today   :D :D :D :D :D
Since when is calling someone who refuses point blank to accept fact an imbicile personal abuse? Im merely tring to disabuse of your utter ignorance on this matter. I should remind you  that you're the guy who throwed the insults at the v start when I highlighted AZOffaly's factual analysis of the situation. Glasshouses and stones and all that.You have bizarrley consistently refused to accept fact.

his holiness nb

Quote from: TBT on February 21, 2008, 05:30:43 PM
Since when is calling someone who refuses point blank to accept fact an imbicile personal abuse? Im merely tring to disabuse of your utter ignorance on this matter. I should remind you  that you're the guy who throwed the insults at the v start when I highlighted AZOffaly's factual analysis of the situation. Glasshouses and stones and all that.You have bizarrley consistently refused to accept fact.

Look, saying "you are obviously an imbicile unable to comprehend basic fact" is personal abuse no matter what way you spin it.
All I did was state what I heard from the GAA after the second match was deferred.

If the GAA were wrong in saying this then thats fine. Also I did not refuse to accept AZ's explanation, merely questioned it based on what I have heard.

You on the other hand are continueing to be patronising and insulting to anyone who dares question (not even disagree with) what you say.

Perhaps you should stick yourself in the "keyboard coward" category you created earlier  ;)

Good day to you sir. The mods will decide if its personal abuse, not me or you.
Ask me holy bollix

TBT

This is direct quote from the Irish Independent website
"Option 1: Throw Cork out of the leagues for missing their first two games in both competitions.

Result: A popular suggestion in some quarters but not allowed under rule. Even if it were possible, it would have had repercussions for other counties as Cork would be automatically relegated to Division 3 (football) and Division 2 (hurling) on the basis of disqualification rather than form. That would distort those groups in 2009.
"
You have refused point blank to accept this irrefutable factual analysis - ergo you are an imbecile. Not personal abuse, simply a statement of fact.

his holiness nb

How have I refused point blank to accept this irrefutable factual analysis??  This is the first time I have seen it !!

Plus I have reported your last post where you repeated the personal abuse.
Ask me holy bollix

Mentalman

Quote from: TBT on February 21, 2008, 05:51:58 PM
This is direct quote from the Irish Independent website
"Option 1: Throw Cork out of the leagues for missing their first two games in both competitions.

Result: A popular suggestion in some quarters but not allowed under rule.

If that's true fine. But this bit :

Quote from: TBT on February 21, 2008, 05:51:58 PM
Even if it were possible, it would have had repercussions for other counties as Cork would be automatically relegated to Division 3 (football) and Division 2 (hurling) on the basis of disqualification rather than form. That would distort those groups in 2009.
"
Is merely opinion and is neither here nor there. Apart from everything else the NFL isn't really like an EPL, it's not GAA's premier competition. For intance the last year Meath won the All Ireland I believe they were relegated - basically a side relegated to 2A and started the following year as champions of the country. Did that distort the groups the following year? Well probably, as I think Meath were promoted, but distortions were not uncommon, at least under the old system.

In any event we are where we are. It would be interesting to see how enthusiastically teams take to a playoff should it occur, I think that might depend on who was in it.
"Mr Treehorn treats objects like women man."

Hardy

Well you have to hand it to some of the Cork boys. A short few days since their county caused the entire GAA the single greatest embarrassment I can remember,  disrupted fixtures, held a t**ker fight in public and generally covered themselves in opprobrium, they're on here shouting the odds about how they've been mistreated and misunderstood, criticising the rest of us, advising us on  how we should conduct our affairs and airing their low opinions of us. You'd travel a long way before you'd find a collection of hard necks to match that.

Gaaboardmod3

TBT,

If you were to walk up to someone in a pub, and have a chat with them, only to call them an 'imbecile', no matter what your reasons for that, there is a fair chance that they would take that as an insult. I certainly see it like that. You don't have to resort to name calling to get your point across.

You are now on a Rule 1 warning for personal abuse. Please have a look at the rules of the forum for exact details and next steps.

Cheers
Mod3.

magickingdom

of course cork should be kicked out of the nfl and the nhl for maybe 5 years ;) kerry are the only county that has been trying to put manners on cork these past 125 years its about time the rest of ye helped out..

under the bar

Why would any GAA supporter wish for Cork to be thown out of the NFL? ??   This isn't professional sport you know.  Go back to supporting soccer!!

Jell 0 Biafra

And the prize for most irrelevant response goes to:

Quote from: under the bar on February 21, 2008, 09:54:07 PM
Why would any GAA supporter wish for Cork to be thown out of the NFL? ??   This isn't professional sport you know.  Go back to supporting soccer!!

his holiness nb

Its been said repeatedly how the Dubs (and meath) are getting an advantage due to this decision, and this is why they kept quiet.

A point worth noting is that they have been put at the very same disadvantage in the hurling, and havent complained.

Ask me holy bollix

slow corner back

Meath have not been put at a disadvantage in hurling