Northern Ireland games in Pairc Esler???

Started by amallon, February 14, 2008, 09:53:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

amallon

I see some crazy (name escapes me) in the Newry and Mourne council has called for Pairc Esler to be opened up for a Northern Ireland soccer international.  Apparently as the ground was part funded by the council there is a clause in the contract which says that the council have the right to run events in the ground three days a year.  The crazy also states that Pairc Esler is the only ground in the north suitable for holding a NI international.

I can see a few problems, three quarters of the ground is terrace and rule 42 might be a stumbling block.  Plus would the Northern Ireland supporters not wreck the place along with most of Newry.
Disclaimer: I am responsible for MY comments only.  I don't own this site.

AZOffaly

QuotePairc Esler is the only ground in the north suitable for holding a NI international.

What about Windsor Park?

An Fear Rua

Quote from: amallon on February 14, 2008, 09:53:28 AM
I see some crazy (name escapes me) in the Newry and Mourne council has called for Pairc Esler to be opened up for a Northern Ireland soccer international.  Apparently as the ground was part funded by the council there is a clause in the contract which says that the council have the right to run events in the ground three days a year.  The crazy also states that Pairc Esler is the only ground in the north suitable for holding a NI international.

I can see a few problems, three quarters of the ground is terrace and rule 42 might be a stumbling block.  Plus would the Northern Ireland supporters not wreck the place along with most of Newry.

Since when did it become a council team? Is worthington that bad?
Its Grim up North

Orior

Ah now it all falls into place. Thats why Pootsie was scouting the place out and seeing where the union Jack would hang.

But I'm sure Lord Turd, sorry Laird, will find 1000 reasons to be insulted anyway.
Cover me in chocolate and feed me to the lesbians

T Fearon

With one shite team playing there already, haven't the people of Newry suffered enough ;D

ziggysego

Quote from: T Fearon on February 14, 2008, 10:41:16 AM
With one shite team playing there already, haven't the people of Newry suffered enough ;D

5:1 ;)
Testing Accessibility

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2008, 09:55:10 AM
QuotePairc Esler is the only ground in the north suitable for holding a NI international.

What about Windsor Park?

Windsor isn't fit to hold a carboot sale anymore - fails health and safety!
Tbc....

Chrisowc

Quote from: Orior on February 14, 2008, 10:39:57 AM
Ah now it all falls into place. Thats why Pootsie was scouting the place out and seeing where the union Jack would hang.

Funny, when they don't hang one for Northern Ireland matches at Windsor Park.
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

An Fear Rua

Quote from: Chrisowc on February 14, 2008, 12:40:02 PM

you lot prob bring enough for them not to need anymore  ;)
Its Grim up North

Chrisowc

Quote from: An Fear Rua on February 14, 2008, 12:42:17 PM
Quote from: Chrisowc on February 14, 2008, 12:40:02 PM

you lot prob bring enough for them not to need anymore  ;)

;D
yeah, and hang them upside down too!
it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

SammyG

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on February 14, 2008, 11:24:44 AM
Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2008, 09:55:10 AM

What about Windsor Park?

Windsor isn't fit to hold a carboot sale anymore - fails health and safety!
Does it? It seemed ok last week!!!

On the topic, it can't happen (even if the GAA would allow it). Internationals have to be all-seater and Pairc Esler is terraced on 3 sides.

AZOffaly

You could bring in the temporary 'fixed' seating, like they do in Croker, could you not? If we were to allow your fundementally flawed and sectarian arses in there ;D

SammyG

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2008, 01:36:43 PM
You could bring in the temporary 'fixed' seating, like they do in Croker, could you not?
Unfortunately not. The RoI are only allowed temp seating as they already have an agreement and a new stadium under development. FIFA haven't allowed any new requests for a while.
If we were to allow your fundementally flawed and sectarian arses in there ;D
I'd have thought Nicky Brennan would love to have one of his famed 'proddy teams' playing at Pairc Esler.  ;)

AZOffaly

Quote from: SammyG on February 14, 2008, 01:39:12 PM
You could bring in the temporary 'fixed' seating, like they do in Croker, could you not?
Unfortunately not. The RoI are only allowed temp seating as they already have an agreement and a new stadium under development. FIFA haven't allowed any new requests for a while.
If we were to allow your fundementally flawed and sectarian arses in there ;D
I'd have thought Nicky Brennan would love to have one of his famed 'proddy teams' playing at Pairc Esler.  ;)

Has to be playing games that promote Irish Nationhood and the pure Irish Race. ;D

his holiness nb

Quote from: AZOffaly on February 14, 2008, 01:40:04 PM
Has to be playing games that promote Irish Nationhood and the pure Irish Race. ;D

:D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix