2008 Six Nations Thread

Started by Dinny Breen, January 30, 2008, 01:50:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Uladh

Am i totally on my own in not rating Kearney at all?

Dinny Breen

I rate his potential but feel he would be too raw to be playing full-back for Ireland, he is very prone to costly errors and if he starts at full-back Wales will target him early and often.

As for the game still not happy with Eddie O'Sullivan but was happy with the Scottish performance, think Saturday will be an error-ridden game that won't be pretty and will be decided by O'Gara's boot. Ireland to win by 8 - 12 points.
#newbridgeornowhere

Hoof Hearted

FROM IRISHRUGBY.IE

Following a fitness test before the Ireland training session today, both Geordan Murphy and Girvan Dempsey have been ruled out of the RBS Six Nations Championship game against Wales this Saturday due to Achilles and hip injuries respectively.
With both players unavailable, Robert Kearney moves from the left wing to full back, with Tommy Bowe switching from the right wing to the left.  Shane Horgan moves up to the starting XV to take Bowe's position and Luke Fitzgerald comes into the replacements.
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

AZOffaly

Quote from: Dinny Breen on March 06, 2008, 01:19:46 PM

I rate his potential but feel he would be too raw to be playing full-back for Ireland, he is very prone to costly errors and if he starts at full-back Wales will target him early and often.

As for the game still not happy with Eddie O'Sullivan but was happy with the Scottish performance, think Saturday will be an error-ridden game that won't be pretty and will be decided by O'Gara's boot. Ireland to win by 8 - 12 points.

He might be raw Dinny, but seeing as how the two bucks are probably out, what else would you do?

Any tickets? :D

Dinny Breen

Tickets  :o, you had your chance AZ !!!!

I never said there was an alternative, maybe Bowe or Duffy would be a safer option. The back 3 have all played under-age football for their respective counties, Geordan Murphy was also in the Kildare minor development squad too....funny how that rarely gets highlighted when people talk about the AFL poaching players.......
#newbridgeornowhere

AZOffaly

I believe Rugby is a far bigger threat that AFL or anything like it. I've always said that. I point to my ex-school all the time, but I'm not going to bore ye again :D

I would prefer Kearney to Duffy.

Hoof Hearted

On a different game, what about that idiot danny cipriani
dropped for "inappropriate behaviour" - apparently pictured coming out of a nightclub in the early hours
has to play for wasps on saturday and not travelling with england !

always came across as a very cocky so and so
i guess he thought he made it by being selected for his debut
Treble 6 Nations Fantasy Rugby champion 2008, 2011 & 2012

MaroonAndWhite

As you will see below, its not Danny's first case of poor judgement  :D Good Lord........

United as a group by Cipriani's embarrassing tabloid stories, Wasps need to keep that strong bond against Clermont
By SIMON SHAW, London Wasps and England lock

6th December 2007

This has been a very unusual week for London Wasps. It started on Sunday morning when texts started arriving on my mobile urging me to buy a certain tabloid newspaper.

I have to admit that I was intending to buy that paper anyway following the previous Sunday's story about my team-mate Danny Cipriani and a "liaison" he was reported to have had with Miss Larissa Summers while going out with Monica Irimia, one of the Cheeky Girls.

As a result of the latest revelations, Danny - or to give him his new name Danny Cipriani Who Slept With A Man - was responsible for the biggest turnout ever for a Wasps recovery session on a Sunday after a match.

Now, while the young man took considerable stick from the guys over the story which revealed that Larissa had started life as Darren Pratt, the response was tempered by the front-row boys.

They were in a bit of difficult position as, having responded to the original story by congratulating Danny, they now felt implicated by the whole "it was a man" thing. You could argue that he got off lightly and, to give DCWSWAM credit, he handled himself really well.

maddog

Whats the face value of the tickets for Saturday?

Tankie

€30 for the hill and €70 for the stand
Grand Slam Saturday!

Stagmeister

Lads , ye should listen to this podcast if ye get achance, the arrogance of the English and Welsh is unbelievable!!
Fast forward in bout 15 mins to hear them talk about the Irish game.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/rugby/
Go to the green bar which says "six nations podcast"

Said that Ireland had a player who has 90 odd caps (o'kelly) and that he wouldn't be fit to clean the English players boots. Dean Richards slagged off John Hayes
Richards also said that if ROG wasn't playing for the last couple of years Ireland would have been relgated somehow...

maddog

Quote from: Stagmeister on March 07, 2008, 09:54:26 AM
Lads , ye should listen to this podcast if ye get achance, the arrogance of the English and Welsh is unbelievable!!

Said that Ireland had a player who has 90 odd caps (o'kelly) and that he wouldn't be fit to clean the English players boots. Dean Richards slagged off John Hayes
Richards also said that if ROG wasn't playing for the last couple of years Ireland would have been relgated somehow...

And when was the last time England beat Ireland in the 6 nations?

GalwayBayBoy

Quote from: Stagmeister on March 07, 2008, 09:54:26 AM

I listened to that just last night. Stephen Jones, Guscott and Dean Richards. A bigger pack of arrogant wankers you would be hard pressed to find.

Uladh

In the interests of accuracy, it wasn't Richards who proclaimed that Ireland would've been relegated without ROG. it was one of the other muppets