Spotlight on BBC 6 Counties tomorrow night

Started by T Fearon, January 28, 2008, 04:34:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nifan

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 30, 2008, 10:24:02 AM
It is possible however that the nephews are protestants of course. Jayus I hope they dont read this site!  :o

It is possible, which i guess was the point of the whole "one true faith" which fearon has espoused - he can be pretty rough on the prods as well :P

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on January 30, 2008, 10:44:38 AM
he can be pretty rough on the prods as well :P

I wouldnt see that as a dig at ye though, most OWC guys declare themselves as atheists on here  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

nifan

It isnt a dig at me certainly - though id say agnostic rather than atheist

his holiness nb

Quote from: nifan on January 30, 2008, 10:54:50 AM

Agnostic / atheist / protestant, doesnt matter yer all going to hell  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

saffron sam2

Quote from: Chrisowc on January 29, 2008, 11:16:11 PM
Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 29, 2008, 08:30:51 AM
Indeed it will. This issue cannot be investigated without looking at the reasons why young nationalists feel uncomfortable playing for NI, what role (if any) the history of blatant sectarianism within football in the north may have had in their decision, what role (if any) the IFA's insistence on GSTQ and the Ulster banner may have had in their decision etc. or it is just gloryhunting?

Gloryhunting it is then.

Or indeed expediency if you like. Few if any professional footballers are likely to be the martyr or conscientious objector. Even those who are, like Oleguer at Barcelona, are denounced as not good enough.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 30, 2008, 10:57:28 AM
Quote from: nifan on January 30, 2008, 10:54:50 AM

Agnostic / atheist / protestant, doesnt matter yer all going to hell  ;)

Sitting here at work suffering from hangover from hell after the Reds mighty win over Portadown last night, but that made me laugh.  :D ;D :D ;)
Tbc....

The Watcher Pat

Taped this programme last nite as I was watching Shameless....Probably a more realistic programme...When i went to watch it the sound didn't come out properly...

Does anyone know if you can watch it online anywhere?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

An Fear Rua

Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 30, 2008, 12:26:57 PM
Taped this programme last nite as I was watching Shameless....Probably a more realistic programme...When i went to watch it the sound didn't come out properly...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/tv/programmes/spotlight/index.shtml
Its Grim up North

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: An Fear Rua on January 30, 2008, 12:35:25 PM
Quote from: The Watcher Pat on January 30, 2008, 12:26:57 PM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/northernireland/tv/programmes/spotlight/index.shtml
Cheers....
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Donagh

It's not worth watching Pat. It was the most patronising and amateurish production I've ever seen on the telly. I recently helped my 16 yo niece with her GCSE media project and I'd safely say that had higher production values than that rubbish last night. When your one was standing with the inflatable globe pointing out Brazil to the viewers, I actually began to think it was Chris Morris's latest instalment of 'Brass Eye'.

saffron sam2

Quote from: Donagh on January 30, 2008, 12:41:48 PM
It's not worth watching Pat. It was the most patronising and amateurish production I've ever seen on the telly. I recently helped my 16 yo niece with her GCSE media project and I'd safely say that had higher production values than that rubbish last night. When your one was standing with the inflatable globe pointing out Brazil to the viewers, I actually began to think it was Chris Morris's latest instalment of 'Brass Eye'.

Aye, the globe bit was awful. As soon as I saw Mandy McAuley's name in the introduction, I had an idea the whole thing would be quite crap. Gerry Armstrong needs to sort that hair out - what did he have in it? Felix could do with a bit chopped off his too.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

ONeill

TBH, I thought Felix's moustache stole the show. There should be more moustached men on TV.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

ziggysego

Quote from: ONeill on January 30, 2008, 02:47:39 PM
TBH, I thought Felix's moustache stole the show. There should be more moustached men on TV.

Testing Accessibility

T Fearon

Good programme, but Mandy didn't  present it very well. She should stick to dog fighting ;D

On the positive side fair play to Felix Healy for drawing attention to the sectarian rampant in Northern soccer which was ignored for decades, and still outrageously palyed down (ie its half a dozen Rangers fans) by OWC. Also Eamon Mc Cann rightly pointed out that the majority of Northern Nationalists supported England in 2005.

On the negative side is it only Derry wans that are opting for the FAI? I want to see players from all over the 6 counties doing this ;D