Distinguished Pub Crawls

Started by saffron sam2, January 22, 2008, 08:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

saffron sam2

First in an occasional series.

1. The Glensman

Starting Point: The Waterfall, Carnlough
Finshing Point: Depending on the time of year, either The House Of McDonnell, Ballycastle or The Slemish, Ballymena.

Time required: Forget the watch.
Calling At: The Mariners, Waterfoot; Johnny Joe's (McCollam's), Cushendall; Mary McBride's, Cushendun:
Then (depending on the time of the year) either
Winter: Head inland to The Glensway, Martinstown and The Slemish or
Summer: head further north to The House Of McDonnell.

Best time of the year: Suitable all year round, but particularly impressive in winter (as the waves lash in over the Coast Road and the bars have massive roaring fires) and summer (when you can skim stones in Cushendun harbour or play hurling up and down the only street).

Other details: This tour is best untaken in a hired minibus, or at least with a desginated driver. It should not be tried on foot.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Minder

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 22, 2008, 08:09:23 PM
First in an occasional series.

1. The Glensman

Starting Point: The Waterfall, Carnlough
Finshing Point: Depending on the time of year, either The House Of McDonnell, Ballycastle or The Slemish, Ballymena.

Time required: Forget the watch.
Calling At: The Mariners, Waterfoot; Johnny Joe's (McCollam's), Cushendall; Mary McBride's, Cushendun:
Then (depending on the time of the year) either
Winter: Head inland to The Glensway, Martinstown and The Slemish or
Summer: head further north to The House Of McDonnell.

Best time of the year: Suitable all year round, but particularly impressive in winter (as the waves lash in over the Coast Road and the bars have massive roaring fires) and summer (when you can skim stones in Cushendun harbour or play hurling up and down the only street).

Other details: This tour is best untaken in a hired minibus, or at least with a desginated driver. It should not be tried on foot.

Isnt what it was from what i hear, dying on its arse.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Over the Bar

Pub crawls are for students.  Nothing beats an all dayer in a decent pub.

Our Nail Loney

Back in the day it was hard to beat landing at Renshaws at half11 and not eacing til you were acrried out hopefully around one in the morning in the same clothes, or possibly less clothes.

A loada posters can verify this, one poster was even carried intoRenshaws once by the bouncers!

stiffler

I heard of lads playing pub golf. They take a standard golf score card, pick out 18 pubs, then go round each pub and take a drink in each.

If the first hole on the scorecard is a par 4, then each person is allowed four mouthfuls to finish their drink etc.

There would be no need for a 19th hole after this session!
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

Square Ball

Always prefered the Mariners to the Saffron, it was always full of them aul Belfast ones  :D
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

hitzelsperger

agree with our nail, remember seeing a fellow poster being carried into renshaws one fateful night with one shoe on and blood running out of his head after a fall earlier! also remember plenty of all dayers in it starting at 11 and ending at half 3am with a hatfield carryout which was never even drunk...those were the days

qub la la la

i have heard the same said poster as mentioned by loney and hitzelsperger did in fact sleep down the back of the shaas that night. steve irwin day was one to remember, not that anyone could!

Goats Do Shave

The 'Otley Run' is tough in Headingly, Leeds!

But the highlight of the year is the 12 bars of Christmas. With slightly alternating routes each year round Belfast's city centre!  8)

Billys Boots

I once did the Golden Mile, from Fagans in Drumcondra to Tom Mayes on Dorset St - but as you can imagine I have no recollection of any of the details.
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

thebandit

I did from Landsdowne road to the top end of Baggott Street.... not easy

FermGael

The dirty dozen in Didsbury in Manchester.
That was some hangover...
Wanted.  Forwards to take frees.
Not fussy.  Any sort of ability will be considered

Our Nail Loney

Steve Irwin day will go down in history, there's photos to prove it seeing as nobody has any memory!

Did that Golden Mile one in Belfast there at the statr of the year, started off down the City Centre worked our way up

Have bad enough memory, started in Morrisonjs I think went round to Bar Buddha, then Fibber Magees, Robinsons (counted seperate), Europa (bit of class), Crown, Beaten Docket, NI Supporters club (vodkas downed very quickly as we nearly all had gaelic stuff on somewhere!!), Laverys, m Club, Bennedicts, Globe (sat in there for good while-lazniess!) then round to Botanic for Dukes and Shaws.

This was the point though that JimStynes took a psycho and tried to take the head off me!! Cant handle his drink ya see.

The Watcher Pat

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 25, 2008, 11:46:44 AM
Steve Irwin day will go down in history, there's photos to prove it seeing as nobody has any memory!

Did that Golden Mile one in Belfast there at the statr of the year, started off down the City Centre worked our way up

Have bad enough memory, started in Morrisonjs I think went round to Bar Buddha, then Fibber Magees, Robinsons (counted seperate), Europa (bit of class), Crown, Beaten Docket, NI Supporters club (vodkas downed very quickly as we nearly all had gaelic stuff on somewhere!!), Laverys, m Club, Bennedicts, Globe (sat in there for good while-lazniess!) then round to Botanic for Dukes and Shaws.

This was the point though that JimStynes took a psycho and tried to take the head off me!! Cant handle his drink ya see.

We once tried the pubcrawl of all the pubs in lurgan Started in
1.Woodville
2 Clann Eireann
3 Peters
4 Foresters
5 Cellar
6 International
7 Fr Joes
8 Ceili House
9 Vintage
10 JPS
11 Morgans

Very drunk by now so didnt verture down to Stables/St paul's

12 Celtic
13 Beehive
14 Batcave
15 Courthouse
16 Ashburn

didnt want to walk past Ashburn to the Railway so went in there and stayed the rest of the nite....Surprised we even got in.... ;D
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

Our Nail Loney

Thats as far as youse got then Pat??

:D