Distinguished Pub Crawls

Started by saffron sam2, January 22, 2008, 08:09:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Gs Man

Quote from: Puckoon on January 26, 2008, 06:50:01 PM
Wont be much of a crawl, but tonight Ill be wetting the babys head. First time back out gigging since she was born and ill be calling for pints from the stage all night long. Have a good posse of friends coming out to cheer, some new songs thanks to the pogues and a new G string.

Puckoon, do you know The Dirty Blues Band and Colenso Parade from Omagh.  Have a had good craic with them before at a few gigs.
Keep 'er lit

Farrandeelin

Quote from: Billys Boots on January 23, 2008, 09:08:01 AM
I once did the Golden Mile, from Fagans in Drumcondra to Tom Mayes on Dorset St - but as you can imagine I have no recollection of any of the details.

What are the ones in between Boots, or can ya remember? ;)
Inaugural Football Championship Prediction Winner.

Puckoon

I do. I know Kevin Sweeny of the Dirty blues band very well. We played together at school before I emmigrated, but I was able to play a couple of numbers with him when I was home in june and walked into a bar he was playing at. By all accounts they are doing very well. He is a talented guitarist.

Not sure about Colenso parade, they sound pretty new.

Billys Boots

QuoteWhat are the ones in between Boots, or can ya remember?

What a challenge?  ::)

Fagan's
Kennedy's
Up the hill to Quinn's (better pint when it was McGovern's)
McGrath's
Red Parrot
Big Tree
The Old Triangle
Kavanagh's (the nice one)
Bermingham's
Kavanagh's (the horrible one)
O'Rourke's (new)
O'Rourke's (old)
The Findlater
Tom Maye's

And if you were still thirsty:
The Meeting Place
Joxer Daly's

And finish it all with a bag of Chips in the Roma!!  ;)
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

The Gs Man

Quote from: Puckoon on January 28, 2008, 06:03:41 PM
I do. I know Kevin Sweeny of the Dirty blues band very well. We played together at school before I emmigrated, but I was able to play a couple of numbers with him when I was home in june and walked into a bar he was playing at. By all accounts they are doing very well. He is a talented guitarist.

Aye, they're a class band.  Kevins sister is also in it with Muck McAleer and a few others.

Here's Colenso Parade ..... http://www.myspace.com/colensoparade  Their guitarist Micky sometimes plays with the Dirty Blues.
Keep 'er lit

Puckoon

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 31, 2008, 10:04:12 PM

Aye, they're a class band.  Kevins sister is also in it with Muck McAleer and a few others.

Here's Colenso Parade ..... http://www.myspace.com/colensoparade  Their guitarist Micky sometimes plays with the Dirty Blues.

not THE muck mcaleer?? anyone remember this guy from the cbs?

saffron sam2

Don't know who could be aiming that post at, but if I were going on the beer tomorrow, I would certainly heed your advice.

1. I would put a portly former Rossa and Antrim hurler in charge of buying lunch to ensure I was well fed.
2. I always drink responsibly.
3. I would ensure that I didn't have that many responsibilities, for example if I was a teacher I would ensure there were no students in school all day.
4. Designated driver, assuming bus company can find one, would be well paid.
5. Lovely rosemantic meal would already be arranged for Saturday night.
6. She would have to bear in mind that if she wants me to remember Valentine's, she would have to take the babogs out shopping.
7. See point 5, although I am assuming we could take Kilkenny, even in my absence. I am assuming also that the adopted bit may refer to someone else.
8. I would choose my company carefully and would ensure that others will make a bigger fool of themselves. That or I would deny it on Monday week.
9. Although I have hypothetically been heavily backed at 3/1 to be the first rower, no mits would be lifted this end.
10. Would do my best.

Still, not a bad idea hardstation, given that I have another week off work to recover.
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

tyssam5

Quote from: Puckoon on January 31, 2008, 11:11:21 PM
Quote from: The Gs Man on January 31, 2008, 10:04:12 PM

not THE muck mcaleer?? anyone remember this guy from the cbs?

Certainly do.

saffron sam2

Quote from: hardstation on February 11, 2008, 06:13:39 PM
Jaysus, Sam, I hope you're alright.

100%, was safely tucked up in bed by 2:00. Those boys are all getting old - Saturday night with Mrs sam was a later one.

Why would General Munroe be banned from pubs in Carlingford?

http://irishlyrics.homestead.com/files/General_Munroe.txt

ONeill

Tessies, Falls', Paddy Burgers, Cohannon, ...
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

girt_giggler

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 22, 2008, 08:09:23 PM
First in an occasional series.

1. The Glensman

Starting Point: The Waterfall, CarnloughFinshing Point: Depending on the time of year, either The House Of McDonnell, Ballycastle or The Slemish, Ballymena.

Time required: Forget the watch.
Calling At: The Mariners, Waterfoot; Johnny Joe's (McCollam's), Cushendall; Mary McBride's, Cushendun:
Then (depending on the time of the year) either
Winter: Head inland to The Glensway, Martinstown and The Slemish or
Summer: head further north to The House Of McDonnell.

Best time of the year: Suitable all year round, but particularly impressive in winter (as the waves lash in over the Coast Road and the bars have massive roaring fires) and summer (when you can skim stones in Cushendun harbour or play hurling up and down the only street).

Other details: This tour is best untaken in a hired minibus, or at least with a desginated driver. It should not be tried on foot.

You go to Carnlough & drink in the worst pub in it!  Glencloy Inn is the best bar on the Antrim Coast.

saffron sam2

Quote from: girt_giggler on January 12, 2009, 11:03:34 AM

1. The Glensman

Starting Point: The Waterfall, CarnloughFinshing Point: Depending on the time of year, either The House Of McDonnell, Ballycastle or The Slemish, Ballymena.

Calling At: The Mariners, Waterfoot; Johnny Joe's (McCollam's), Cushendall; Mary McBride's, Cushendun:

Best time of the year: Suitable all year round, but particularly impressive in winter (as the waves lash in over the Coast Road and the bars have massive roaring fires) and summer (when you can skim stones in Cushendun harbour or play hurling up and down the only street).

Other details: This tour is best untaken in a hired minibus, or at least with a desginated driver. It should not be tried on foot.

You go to Carnlough & drink in the worst pub in it!  Glencloy Inn is the best bar on the Antrim Coast.

It would appear so yes. However, we took advice from a source with close family connections (his wife) from Carnlough. I would to call at Pat Hamill's and have a wee drop there. Maybe next time then.

Minder

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 12, 2009, 11:32:28 AM
Quote from: girt_giggler on January 12, 2009, 11:03:34 AM

1. The Glensman

It would appear so yes. However, we took advice from a source with close family connections (his wife) from Carnlough. I would to call at Pat Hamill's and have a wee drop there. Maybe next time then.

The Mariner is no longer the Guvnor, has it leased out.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

tyrone86

Quote from: hardstation on January 12, 2009, 12:37:58 AM
Fcuk, I wish. Tessies has a chinese now too.
It'll be more like this:
JT's
Gervin's
O'Neill's
Central
Millcourt
Ceili House

Welcome Inn (BJ's or whatever)
Tomney's
Ryandale
Auction Rooms
Bishop's
Loughran's (Hennessey's)

Hardstation is awoken outside the Bank.

Jaysis, the last time I was in Tomney's, it should have been condemned. Hopefully they've gave it a lick of paint or something since that. Bishops is hard to beat for an auld game of domino's.

youngfella

I heard of one crawl over christmas, in and around ballycastle. But it could be extented down the coast.

The one i heard off is,
mc keagues
anzac
glenshesk
wee toms
diamond
boyd
cormacs
central
tessies

This works well in summer as you can buy a carry out from tessys and then have a fire on the beach n maybe a sing-song. In winter the walk from the central to tessies be a test of disire/will to continue.
There would be a chance to get a feed at any point before tessies as there are chippys round but after its pot luck to weather the pizza place is opened.

however if the session wants to be continued a taxi to ballyvoy front bar and then to sambos in the dall!!
Pull hard and early