Walsh Cup

Started by Lecale2, January 14, 2008, 08:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOffaly

I'd be wary of this from an Offaly perspective. Offaly are going well, and the noises from the camp are fairly positive, but Antrim also seem to he hurling well, and may be a bit further on.

Offaly missing the Birr lads should be balanced out by the Dunloy absences from Antrim, but home venue may just see Antrim home.

The Offaly half back line is promising, with Padraig Horan's young fella, Joe Bergin and David Kenny. Bergin is being tried there after playing well for Sier Kieran in that position.

All in all, there is a (whisper it) bit of promise there for us, but obviously this will be a big test. Look out for how Kevin Brady goes at full back, Cathal Hernon in the Corner, the aforementioned half backs, and the latest great white hope up in the forwards, Daniel Currams, son of the bearded Dual All Ireland Medallist Liam. Also James Gorman at full forward and ex Galway minor Francis Kerrigan in the other corner.

If these young lads keep going, and we can bed in the best of the Birr lads (rather than 10 Birr lads en-masse), we might have a decent year this year. Hopefully continuing this sunday, but probably not.

Jaysus, Offaly hurling optimism??? I must take my tablets.

Guillem2

I'll be over in Sunday optimistic that our lads will give it a good go. It's only January but their commitment so far has been good and maybe we'll sneak a win.
Talking is an overrated way of communicating.

Guillem2

Why is there two threads on this?  :(

AZOffaly

Guillem2

Will you be heading up AZ or will you watch it on TV?

AZOffaly

I'm living down in Newport in Tipp nowadays. I'm heading to UL for Andy Lee's fight tomorrow night, so the most travelling I'll be fit to do will be to Tullamore for the football against London, and even that is pushing it :D

Glensman

Hopefully a good match from two teams on the up. Good to hear there are postitive vibes coming from Offaly as well.

Praying that Antrim sneak a win (actually my prayers would ask for a trouncing but anyway).

Can't wait - hope the snow stays off and the sun peaks out for it.

tayto

Should be an interesting tie, Antrim seem to be motoring well, worryingly well from our point of view considering the big match next weekend.

tayto

Quote from: Guillem2 on February 01, 2008, 04:21:40 PM
Will you be heading up AZ or will you watch it on TV?

It's on TG4?

Guillem2

Lecale2

If the weather's OK I'll be over to support our neighbours (and Ballycran in the minor).

Guillem2

I'll be in the bar from half time in the minor match. What about a mini gathering?

Blacksheep

The game must be in doubt with the snow. If not I'll probably be down for it and see youse in the bar.
Blacksheep - a reckless and unprincipled reprobate!

pebble-dasher

Quote from: Guillem2 on February 01, 2008, 03:47:40 PM
I'll be over in Sunday optimistic that our lads will give it a good go. It's only January but their commitment so far has been good and maybe we'll sneak a win.

correct me if im wrong but its february!

hope antrim produce the goods on sunday and build on their performances this year to date.

Aristotle Flynn

Good luck to Antrim & Ballycran. It would be very nice to see an Ulster team winning this competition for the very first time.

I probably won't make it up to Casement but in case I do manage it can you watch the game from the bar area? I've never been in the bar. How do you get in?
A tyrant must put on the appearance of uncommon devotion to religion.