Walsh Cup

Started by Lecale2, January 14, 2008, 08:05:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PlayWithTheWind

Quote from: milltown row on February 03, 2008, 04:33:54 PM
from a club point of view i thought Karl Stewart played really well. the fullforward line i dont think was the best, still expecting a lot from young donnelly, ithough he had an off day maybe more to come.

thought karl stewart worked his socks off, especially in the first half and did a lot of dogged work for the team.
neil m garry was also very solid at full back

Its not over til the fat lady sings!

Minder

Quote from: PlayWithTheWind on February 03, 2008, 07:28:34 PM
Quote from: milltown row on February 03, 2008, 04:33:54 PM
from a club point of view i thought Karl Stewart played really well. the fullforward line i dont think was the best, still expecting a lot from young donnelly, ithough he had an off day maybe more to come.

thought karl stewart worked his socks off, especially in the first half and did a lot of dogged work for the team.
neil m garry was also very solid at full back

Stewart will have to bring more of a scoring threat though, he was out of the game for long periods, in fairness it wasnt a day for forwards though. I though we went to sleep for their two goals but Neal Mc Garry played himself into the game well, he gets involved in too much oul shite with his man in my opinion, not just today but also in club games for Loughuile but he could be a good addition.
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Lecale2

I was over at the game and Antrim deserved the win. Conditions were really bad in the last 10 minutes but other than that they weren't too bad. Well done - a well deserved win!

Square Ball

absolutely fantastic, at least I wont have to listen to those aul Down ballixes in silence tomorrow in work
Hospitals are not equipped to treat stupid

Intifadah

Soaked to f**k yesterday, weather was brutal. good result though made the drinking session after that bit sweeter. Good crowd too considering its a 'pre-season' competition and the weather was the way it was.

AZOffaly

Fair play Antrim. Disappointing result for us, but we won't lose the head yet. Any word on specific Offaly players? Was Bergin #6?

Hope Antrim can keep it going now, and well done again.

milltown row

Minder, Karl Stewart was playing whole game from midfield, think mc manaus got a point, and Karl was in on goal before getting hacked down by an Offaly back, cert score only for this tackle.

think Sambo/woody like him in the midfield role. It's all for nothing if we dont win Sunday against Dublin

Glensman

Won't write a report on the match but generally agree with the views expressed here.
Fullback line very solid in the tackle and generally but at the same time McGarry was left exposed a couple of times, but did well on those occasions.
Half backs were solid as well. Stewart at midfield didn't set the world on fire but was grand.
McManus and Winker very good first half. If Winker had've taken his chances from frees it would have been more comfortable but he is a class act.
Magill looks a handful, took the wrong option a couple of times in second half but certainly looks like he could be the part.

If they get beat by Dublin they will have lost one match Milltown...it won't be all for nothing.
Antrim needed that Walsh Cup for a confidence boost. No doubt S&W and most of the players are too long in the tooth to be getting carried away.
First time in a long time that 3 wins on the trot.

Spring in my step as well Ballintoy.

Lecale2

WALSH CUP S.H. SHIELD

Result
3rd February - Laois 2-18 Down 0-16.

Aerlik

I wish for it to be noted here that I formally tender my patronising "well done" to the infidels from the east on their win in that relatively insignificant competition on  Sunday.  I'm only doing so as I have nephews who aspire to hurl for them.  Oh Gawd. ??? ??? ???
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

theskull1

Sure there was no Dunloy players involved Aerlik, so don't feel too ashamed  ;)
It's a lot easier to sing karaoke than to sing opera

Aerlik

Ah feckit, in that case, WELL DONE, Antrim.  Good on ya.  Hmmph Dun-hallions me arse
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!