OWC fury at Norn Iron shirts not being sold at City Airport

Started by Minder, January 11, 2008, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrisowc

Shucks guys what can I say :-[ I'm honoured.

Just to say I'm not involved in the Amalgamation but think they do a lot of good work even if it might not come across like that at times.

And Lynchbhoy....no closet about it  :D ;)

it's 'circle the wagons time again' here comes the cavalry!

stiffler

Is there any actual sports shops in the City airport or do these norn iron supporters want them to sell the tops in the duty free beside the alcohol and aftershaves?
GAABoard Fantasy Cheltenham Competition- Most winners 2009

full back

Is it a case of the shop making a choice not to sell them or the arent allowed to sell them?

Aerlik

I suppose in awheena years time those shirts will become collectors' items, a bit like the way old CCCP jersies and other such neolithic entities went.  It's amazing listening to the stories former "soviet" citizens tell me.  Won't be long before we from the occupied 6-counties will be asked the same on our travels.
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

MW

Quote from: Aerlik on January 12, 2008, 03:39:05 AM
I suppose in awheena years time those shirts will become collectors' items, a bit like the way old CCCP jersies and other such neolithic entities went.  It's amazing listening to the stories former "soviet" citizens tell me.  Won't be long before we from the occupied 6-counties will be asked the same on our travels.

Given your track record as a fantasist, I don't think I'll be losing any sleep...

full back

thejuice

Dublin airport used to stock a small but nice enough range of GAA jersies but now its seems to be just the Dubs and Rebels jersies. I got my New York jersey there. But its mainly rugby and soccer jersies now, which is not too surprising given the domestic nature of the GAA opposed to the international nature of the other sports.

Although Im sure the amount of GAA shirts might pick up in the summer, but you have to wonder at what attraction a GAA jersey would have to tourists, they may not identify with the teams or even the sports for that matter.
It won't be the next manager but the one after that Meath will become competitive again - MO'D 2016

saffron sam2

Quote from: Solomon Kane on January 11, 2008, 06:03:39 PM
Quote from: Donagh on January 11, 2008, 01:37:40 PM
Heard you man, that OWC bloke that objects to Fenians having houses, on the radio about this earlier. Ridiculous these pricks are given the airtime. Much rather listen to Wendy Austin singing  :D

Would that be the same project on the Crumlin Rd that Sinn Fein objected to? You had better trot off to Connolly Huose to check that one. ;)

It would indeed, but then you knew that. One lot objected to the development because of the lack of 'social housing' contained in the plans.  The other lot objected because of the possibility of Fenians moving in. But then you probably knew that too and chose to leave it out in the hope that no-one would notice.

Still interesting that you lump McAllister and the Shinners together. Is there some sort of subliminal message being sent by you?
the breathing of the vanished lies in acres round my feet

Zulu

QuoteDublin airport used to stock a small but nice enough range of GAA jersies but now its seems to be just the Dubs and Rebels jersies. I got my New York jersey there. But its mainly rugby and soccer jersies now, which is not too surprising given the domestic nature of the GAA opposed to the international nature of the other sports.

Although Im sure the amount of GAA shirts might pick up in the summer, but you have to wonder at what attraction a GAA jersey would have to tourists, they may not identify with the teams or even the sports for that matter.

I would have thought that GAA jersey's would be extremely popular with tourists because it is only here you can get them. They'd be pretty unique in any foreign country whereas a rugby or soccer jersey would be just a different version of a jersey they can get at home, in fact they could probably get the same jersey at home!

his holiness nb

Quote from: Zulu on January 14, 2008, 06:25:13 PM
QuoteDublin airport used to stock a small but nice enough range of GAA jersies but now its seems to be just the Dubs and Rebels jersies. I got my New York jersey there. But its mainly rugby and soccer jersies now, which is not too surprising given the domestic nature of the GAA opposed to the international nature of the other sports.

I would have thought that GAA jersey's would be extremely popular with tourists because it is only here you can get them. They'd be pretty unique in any foreign country whereas a rugby or soccer jersey would be just a different version of a jersey they can get at home, in fact they could probably get the same jersey at home!

I thought the same, could see the yanks buying loads of them.
Ask me holy bollix

The Real Laoislad

Just something different but kind of the same....I was up in Elverys in Fonthill today they have a large stock of England rugby jerseys and tracksuits etc  just wondered to myself if they sold many
You'll Never Walk Alone.

TacadoirArdMhacha

QuoteI think the Irish News said it best when it said the reason it gave little coverage to NI football is that its readership doesn't give a shite about it. The newsletter aims to its market similarly. What do people expect?

In fairness NIfan, what the Irish News said was that their surveys suggested that their readership had little interest in NI matches but, despite this, they continued to cover the NI team and Irish League at a disproportionate level because their felt that they have a moral obligation to provide a wide range of sports coverage encompassing all the major sports and teams up north.

Obviously the Newsletter feel no such obligation.

On a separate point, sometimes the stuff that makes the front page of the northern papers is absolutely laughable. Ridiculously parochial.
As I dream about movies they won't make of me when I'm dead

stew

Quote from: full back on January 14, 2008, 01:46:53 PM
Quote from: MW on January 14, 2008, 01:43:37 PM
I don't think I'll be losing any sleep...

Why would you lose sleep mw?

Because he is like the rest of them, he trawls every site known to man that references owc in any way, shape or form, he cant help himself, he is norn iron fan. :P
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

his holiness nb

Quote from: stew on January 15, 2008, 12:21:34 AM
Because he is like the rest of them, /quote]

I just thought I'd hop in at this point and say "themmuns", before themmuns do.  ;)

Its some peoples favourite word you know!
Ask me holy bollix

nifan