OWC fury at Norn Iron shirts not being sold at City Airport

Started by Minder, January 11, 2008, 01:09:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gaaboardmod3

Tony has been added to the Warning list. There is no special treatment for anyone here. If you have a gripe with individual posts, please report them and they will be dealt with on their own merits.

Many of the long term and valued members have received warnings in the past, and have all had the good grace to accept it when given the reason. People like Hardy, Bud, Pints and now Tony are subject to the same rules as everyone else.

Reasons why bans for these users are very rare is that
a) They generally don't descend into personal abuse and name calling, even as they argue their points or wind people up.
b) If they do, they generally accept they are wrong, and refrain from repeating.

If everyone followed the same rules, no-one would get banned, apart from the 1 post 'shock and awe' type posters like we had with the F365 lads last year.

Cheers.

his holiness nb

What about guys from Laois, surely they should be banned??
Its not right.
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

Quote from: his holiness nb on January 11, 2008, 02:26:39 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2008, 02:20:24 PM
Quote from: T Fearon on January 11, 2008, 02:12:20 PM
Someone should ask the Orangeletter to end its political and sectarian ban on GAA coverage >:(

Only someone who doesn't understand that the GAA is a non-political, non-sectarian organisation could describe a ban on GAA coverage as political and sectarian.

I see your point and would have to disagree Hardy. Some people see the GAA as a "republican" organisation. This is of course rubbish as they arent a political organisation.
But some would avoid giving them coverage as they believe them to be so.

Holiness, the action is anti-GAA, of course. But the fact that some people see the GAA as a sectarian or political organisation doesn't make it so. And so you would have to be a complete buffoon if you purported to be a GAA person and played into the hands of such bigotry by describing any anti-GAA action as sectarian and/or political. Or misinformed. And, since I would never dream of calling anybody a buffoon here Mr Fearon must be misinformed.

(Mods, please note this is not an attempt to goad [Edit - a valued contributor ... splutter ...] into another fit of girly name-calling and get him the second yellow.  I'd never dream of doing that either).

his holiness nb

I think I see what you mean, if someone doesnt show GAA for reasons they beleive to be sectarian/political, that doesnt make the GAA political / sectarian, just means the person is a bit of a p***k. Is that right?
Ask me holy bollix

his holiness nb

Quote from: Hardy on January 11, 2008, 02:59:20 PM
Yep.

Fair enough, but surely if the person does this for reasons they beleive to be sectarian, then its not unrealistic to say the reasons were sectarian, even if only in that guys mind?

But sure we are only nit picking at the moment, you pr**ck  ;)
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

I am appealing to the DRA and have contacted Fergal Logan already.

You cannot be deemed to be abusive when you post something which is an established and undeniable fact

his holiness nb

Quote from: T Fearon on January 11, 2008, 03:07:01 PM
I am appealing to the DRA and have contacted Fergal Logan already.

You cannot be deemed to be abusive when you post something which is an established and undeniable fact

Tony, when you have been booked its always risky to argue with the ref!!!
Ask me holy bollix

T Fearon

This ref is worse than Jimmy Cooney and on a par with John Gough.

his holiness nb

Re personal insults, does it matter if you dont type the whole word, ie. call someone a pr*ck instead of a p***k?
Or are both treated as the same offence?
Ask me holy bollix

Hardy

his holiness nb

Ask me holy bollix

Jim_Murphy_74

Quote from: saffron sam2 on January 11, 2008, 02:16:13 PM
Could this now be the case with the IFA?  No longer can anyone simply walk into any sports shop and buy a replica shirt - one must earn the right to wear the jersey and actually play for one of their representative teams.

Exactly if you can't produce an internet video of yourself and your buddies roasting the bejasus out of some young wan you have no business buying an OWC shirt.

/Jim.

Whitehair

QuoteOn another point isn't it time that fans of the real Ireland team in the 6 counties (who vastly outnumber OWC) organised themselves into one consolidated and coherent group to facilitate ticket sourcing and exchange, travel to games, lobbying the FAI etc? I kmow many supporters clubs in the six counties exist already and have tenuous links with bigger clubs in the 26 counties

I'd like some sort of body set up too. From where im from "active" Ireland fans are a bit light on the ground. Ya'v more chance gettin a few fellas to go on an away trip than to Dublin for the day. Also that NI supporters club had a stall on the go in freshers week in jordanstown, seemed pretty popular and I'd regulary see people wearing what i believe is a UU NI suporters hoodie. Surely there's a market there for Ireland fans if a little assistance was provided from the FAI/Northern SC's.

nifan